The ATS Regent Debate Thread pt.1

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Ok I'm totally lost right now what did I miss?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Druid42

Correct, with the subject of member qualifications being the primary direction of debate.

I am impressed with the way you've handled yourself, just a simple statement, but one that the the voters should be aware of. Your caliber of character is shining through, something that I didn't see in the early stages of this campaign.

I am glad you are impressed with an attempt to make it look like I hid part of my post...Despite it being up now, three times in this thread.

Who is the one being dishonest, my friend? Not me.

Make absolutely certain you want to go there before you actually do. I can and will post the screen captures and end the discussion if that's what you really want.

It might be better to leave this bone alone and move on, but if you are really wanting to go there, I will.

Your choice.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Make absolutely certain you want to go there before you actually do. I can and will post the screen captures and end the discussion if that's what you really want.

It might be better to leave this bone alone and move on, but if you are really wanting to go there, I will.

Your choice.

Again, let me know when you are ready to move on.

As I have been saying for nearly a day now.

edit on 22-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Again, let me know when you are ready to move on.

As I have been saying for nearly a day now.

Whenever you are. I await your lead, and will respond accordingly.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Okay, I have said multiple times that I will let you or another lead off, but if you want me to throw out the next question, I will.

What kind of programs would you start up, if any, should you be elected ATS Regent?

I've talked about staring up a program in which veteran members work with the new members, to teach them the rules, ropes and what is expected of an ATS member, which may, help to cut back some on trolling. ( I went into further detail in a previous post in this thread )

I am curious to know what programs, if any you might start. Or for those who have talked about programs, I am curious to hear more about them and how you intend to implement them.

This is a general question for any candidate

I look forward to your answers.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Okay, I have said multiple times that I will let you or another lead off, but if you want me to throw out the next question, I will.

What kind of programs would you start up, if any, should you be elected ATS Regent?

I've talked about staring up a program in which veteran members work with the new members, to teach them the rules, ropes and what is expected of an ATS member, which may, help to cut back some on trolling.

I am curious to know what programs, if any you might start.

None. it's not the place of a regent to start programs. That responsibility lies with site management. Advocates advocate, they don't manage. The closest and Advocate should come to starting a program is listening to member concerns and facilitating a solution by taking their case to the appropriate venue to address it.

Starting a thread, using existent infrastructure is not the same as starting an entire program, adding infrastructure and complexity to the site.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

None. it's not the place of a regent to start programs. That responsibility lies with site management. Advocates advocate, they don't manage. The closest and Advocate should come to starting a program is listening to member concerns and facilitating a solution by taking their case to the appropriate venue to address it.

Okay, let me ask you this. Let's say you have had a number of members come to you, wanting to work with you to set up such a program as I have suggested setting up. Would you still feel it is not okay to do?

Members have come to me, asking for such a program to be implementedI listened and I have and will continue to take their concerns to the appropriate venue in order to create a solution.

I say, if the appropriate solution is to start such a program, why not?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Okay, let me ask you this. Let's say you have had a number of members come to you, wanting to work with you to set up such a program as I have suggested setting up. Would you still feel it is not okay to do?

Members have come to me, asking for such a program to be implementedI listened and I have and will continue to take their concerns to the appropriate venue in order to create a solution.

I say, if the appropriate solution is to start such a program, why not?

A regent is not a king. It's not his place to make sweeping site changes unilaterally. As I said above, there are appropriate venues for that, and the place of a Member Advocate is to pursue that, not institute it. If there is enough interest among the membership, the management is responsive, and will listen and act accordingly. The place of a Member Advocate is to present the case and advocate for it's merits on their behalf.

A regent cannot take credit for the implementation of it, only for successfully presenting the case in favor of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

A regent is not a king. It's not his place to make sweeping site changes unilaterally. As I said above, there are appropriate venues for that, and the place of a Member Advocate is to pursue that, not institute it. If there is enough interest among the membership, the management is responsive, and will listen and act accordingly. The place of a Member Advocate is to present the case and advocate for it's merits on their behalf.

A regent cannot take credit for the implementation of it, only for successfully presenting the case in favor of it.

And again, this is precisely what I am talking about. Taking the idea of starting such a program, to the appropriate venues, as I said in my previous post.

If the people want a specific type of program started, I think it is the duty of the Regent to go to staff,owner and admin in order to try and get that ball rolling.

If the people want a program in place, will you not listen to them?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And again, this is precisely what I am talking about. Taking the idea of starting such a program, to the appropriate venues, as I said in my previous post.

If the people want a specific type of program started, I think it is the duty of the Regent to go to staff,owner and admin in order to try and get that ball rolling.

If the people want a program in place, will you not listen to them?

It might be helpful if you could point out where I said I would not listen. Otherwise, the comment is too far off target, and not worthy of notice or response.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The only program I might try to implement, would be a monthly newsletter that goes to our in-boxes with reminders of how to utilize the search function and other tools. I know the search function isn't the best, but I have no real issues with it and neither do many other members. And that seems to be the main excuse from people. And if it is possible maybe some type of 24hr time out for members who choose to post one liners that do not contribute to a thread.

But otherwise I think ATS is fine the way it is.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One of my thoughts has been to develop an Application (App) for iPhone and Android which would be an excellent addition for the community. Something I would be very keen on getting involved in first-hand with the Superiors at ATS!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

1. Do you think a world-view discussion is necessary for the Regent position?
Why?

No, this is ATS, a Universe-view discussion is more necessary as there are aliens among us!

2. How would you differentiate yourself between the other candidates approaches to this position?
What makes you unique?

I am, by far, the best looking

3. How would ATS benefit from your leadership?

They would be blessed by my existance

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The fact that Gimme_Some_Truth states he is for the people and that he has nothing to hide is destroyed by his actions in which he takes.

Don't insult the intelligence of the people. You are accusing me of hiding something when the post in question is up for all to see is up THREE times now?

Cute, but really, the people are not stupid.

Let me know when you are ready to discuss the issues.

No body said anything negative about the people. I am not insulting the people...unless of course, you think the people are you...

You have numerous edited posts - that should speak for itself. You also play the sympathy card. Instead of trying to boost yourself by making members feel sorry for you, why don't you keep your personal life separate from your ATS life?

edit on 22-6-2012 by daaskapital because: minor edit - sp

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I have a novel idea. Lets debate politics, shall we? Seeing as this IS a political debate....

Ladies and gentleman, please notice that my opponents completely bypassed the request to actually debate politics in this political debate, and instead chose to attempt an attack against me, claiming that I am hiding a post, ignoring the fact that this post has been put up, three times for all to see.

If they want to play dirty, good for them. However, I will not play dirty.I will keep my campaign clean and fair as I have said from the beginning.

Again with the editing

We did not skip past your request for a political debate. We were calling out your actions which are of political nature. You are doing the exact thing the big guys outside do, altering your stances (through editing) and boosting the polls by telling stories, and reinforcing them.

My friend, your action was of political nature, therefore we were conducting political talks.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

1. Do you think a world-view discussion is necessary for the Regent position?

No, I think it is an important issue and it should be discussed in conversations. But I do not think that it is necessary for the Regent or anyone to discuss their views on the World unless they choose to do so. A World view is rarely something that is agreed upon and is purely based on perception.

A persons World view also may sometimes change over time. I usually find that being more specific on each issue and topic is a better way to actually evaluate a person's overall position. Rather than hearing a shortened politically correct version. Watered down generalizations are usually given to mask information not reveal it.

Why?

Not many things are actually "necessary" in the course of human events. Air, water, food, shelter are the things that are necessary for all humans including the Regent. Many other things are important and are to be desired. I would say that any type of political discussion falls under the category of being a form of mental masturbation.

2. How would you differentiate yourself between the other candidates approaches to this position?

I would treat the position as a new oppotunity to build friendships. I would treat it as an inspiration to learn, grow and pass on that knowledge with as much patience and grace as possible. I would grow with the position in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship. I would help teach the new members what it means to deny ignorance and also offer assistance to the older members. As I helped and taught I would also learn. Then I would try to improve upon the already strong foundations that is our shared knowledge base here at ATS. By creating better understanding and trying to organize the best that ATS has to offer. Making it more easily located and available for the readers.

What makes you unique?

I am the Ipsissimus

I have experienced life in many places and in many ways. I know the ups, the downs, the highs and the lows. I have traveled to different countries and continents. I know much about religion, history, geography, science, math, music, art. I have been called a sage, a mystic, a guru, an oracle, a teacher, a prophet and a poet.

I know that there is still much I need to learn and I can humble myself when necessary. I will teach everything I know and I always will practice what I preach. I am an optimist and an opportunist at the same time. I strive towards acheiving positive goals that align with my morals and ideals. I seek to attain peace and enlightenment. But I will not run from conflict if there is a need to confront any perceived evils.

I come from harsh city streets. But I still live among the stars. My foundations are solid but they can still rest on a cloud. I will roar like a lion yet whisper like the wind. My eyes see beyond their own vision. My ears hear only from the heart. When challenged by adversity I will bend and not break. My edges are sharp but my center is soft.

My breath speaks only Truth. I deny ignorance like a blacksmith who pounds his hot steel over the anvil, breaking away the slag to reveal the inner stength and secret form hidden within. I will form, mold and shape the future from the crumbled remains of the past. I have journeyed from the fiery pits of Hell to hallowed grounds in Heaven and back to the blessed Earth again.

From the warm, sweet milk of a mothers teet. To the harsh crack and painful sting of the slave drivers whip. I have tasted the fruits of my labor. My eyes have seen the glory and the despair that encompasses all that shapes this reality and beyond. I have witnessed galaxies being destroyed and the Universe become immortal. There is nothing I have not seen nor anywhere I have not been.

I am the reaper and the sower. I am peace and I am war. I am a tool and a weapon. I am joy and I am sorrow. I am love and I am hate. I am life and I am death. I am chaos and I am order. Each day I suffocate with every breath.

3. How would ATS benefit from your leadership?

ATS would benefit by having an extremely versatile, multi faceted, well rounded friendly gentleman. And an all around intelligent, funny, charismatic, enthusiastic, experienced and talented diplomat available to them.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Do you think one should believe in the Illuminati conspiracy to have credence as a regent on a conspiracy forum?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Do you think one should believe in the Illuminati conspiracy to have credence as a regent on a conspiracy forum?

Personally I believe in a conspiracy by a variety of secret societies. Not just the Illuminati.

I don't think it is a necessary requirement of being Regent.

But it does make things a little more interesting if the Regent is able to speculate on certain topics without rejecting them outright.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I think it wouldn't matter what the Regent believes or doesn't believe as long as they are supportive of each person having the right to their own beliefs. That's not saying they can't disagree with the beliefs in a respectful manner, but they should accept that each persons beliefs is just as important as the next person's and treat them with dignity and respect while disagreeing.

As long as each and everybody believes that I am the best looking time traveler in the Universe, there should be no conflict at all

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This thread is the bilderberg group of ATS

I'm whistle blowing
edit on 23-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join