Okay. Um, did anyone read my OP? (I know a few did
)

Just candidates, please.

Just the questions, please.

Debate the topics, please.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
You seem to be treating this like a joke...

There is no room for egotistical runners who view every one around them as inferior plebs.

All the other candidates are inferior plebs though, they don't even have campaign songs.

My campaign is targeted more towards the Avant-garde Intelligentsia of ATS than the plebs. We shall not let you uncultured Philistines stand in the way of the democratic process!

edit on 21-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

OK.... not sure who the booze party candidate is... if it's me by declaration, then so be it.
I am a Booze party candidate, because I represent the beliefs and rights almost represented by this party.

I, by far, have the highest blood/alcohol count here.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Dude, its boncho... he is the candidate, as a member of his party you are his supporter!

(And sorry beezer for breaking the rules... but this is getting ridiculous!)
edit on 21-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

You's are meant to be upholding the respective nature of Above top Secret, not attack each other!

I've got this pregnant snake, it stays surrounded by long hairs.

A plethora of maniacs and spiral stairs.

Eyes lit on sharp threats from dark lips.

Did you get that lucy on your travels, or is it the other way around?!

Either way, with enough booze I can out do it in a pinch. Just need enough...

Then we shall see which when is what where whatever way!

I shall toast this apocalypse with a snifter. Cheers.

the forums, the forums, the forums are on fire, we don't need water let the booze flow.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oops.. In the absence of el presidente, we shall remain silent...

*steals Jibby's jedi power and wills boncho to the thread*

/end transmission

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

It isn't a very humourous one...

All the other candidates are inferior plebs though, they don't even have campaign songs.

Yet you only just got yourself one, not any more than 15 or so minutes ago...

My campaign is targeted more towards the Avant-garde Intelligentsia of ATS than the plebs. We shall not let you uncultured Philistines stand in the way of the democratic process!

I have nothing more to say...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
{redacted}

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Dude, its boncho... he is the candidate, as a member of his party you are his supporter!

(And sorry beezer for breaking the rules... but this is getting ridiculous!)
edit on 21-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

The rules were not clearly set. All drunks respect each other. I respect him.

If boncho is our candidate, then I fully blindly support him no matter his beliefs.
I am a supporter of our party, despite the candidate, even though they may be impotent and/or a transvestite. I am a supporter regardless.... I just want officialnesss of this party's representative.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!

What was said below:

Please discuss the topic.
Other kinds of posts should be in the other threads...thanks

Originally posted by beezzer

Just candidates, please.

Just the questions, please.

Debate the topics, please.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Humble apologies for making the bunny sad.

As I see it there is The Booze party and The Curmudgeon Party. Has anyone in history ever needed a political party for booze?
The Curmudgeon Party is the party with the ideals that are aligned with my own. Cat-loving, yet grumpy and forthright individuals with a respect for personal property, liberty and firearms. What more could you want?

I am not a party candidate though so post this only by way of apology for the "line noise".

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ignoring the madness that is Nosred, here are my answers to your poignant questions..

1. Do you think a world-view discussion is necessary for the Regent position?
Why?
Yes and No, reasoning, yes we are made up of people from around the world, with many different ideas and thoughts and beliefs, however, we are all here for the same reason, to discuss and debate conspiracies and alternative topics, so in that respect, we are a world unto ourselves.. if that makes sense..

2. How would you differentiate yourself between the other candidates approaches to this position?
What makes you unique?
I have hot coffee going 24/7 and chocolate from the far reaches of the planet available.... I don't think anyone else has that? Seriously.. Aside from crusading against hoaxers which are cluttering up our site, I think my hammer approach is pretty unique to me...

3. How would ATS benefit from your leadership?

It would benefit greatly form having me as the suprem.... erm Regent.. yeah Regent... I would be a benevolent ruler, and appoint only the best and the brightest to be on the new deat... erm hoax squads... (I gotta stop doing that *giggle*) Also I would make sure that the coffee flowed, the choccy was fresh and everyone had a good ole time...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Although our caucus has not yet officially chosen a candidate, as the front (and only) runner, I will take it upon myself to enter this debate on behalf of the Radical Centrist Party.

Why?

Such a discussion would aid voters in selecting a Regent that represents their own beliefs and attitudes. This is at the heart of the democratic process. Sadly, it is not necessary in the formal sense; all too many voters appear to be interested in personality and gimmicks over substantive debate.

2. How would you differentiate yourself between the other candidates approaches to this position?
What makes you unique?

Most of the other candidates are discussing broad political questions that are beyond the scope of ATS. No-one here has the power to abolish war, amend the laws and policies of nations, ensure social justice, create a more perfect world, whatever they feel that world should look like. I have articulated a platform that applies specifically to the world of ATS. Its general goal is to promote critical thinking, civil discourse and compassion on ATS.

By providing an example of clear reasoning and civility, I would inspire my fellow members to strive for lucidity and compassion.

Thank you for the opportunity to express these thoughts. May the best man, woman, rabbit, extraterrestrial or animated GIF win.
edit on 21-6-2012 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

1. Do you think a world-view discussion is necessary for the Regent position? Why?

Absolutely, bringing about the end of all things is everyone's responsibility, and the only way we can work towards that goal is through open and honest discussion.

2. How would you differentiate yourself between the other candidates approaches to this position? What makes you unique?

Well, I have had sex in no less than 5 different countries on 3 continents. I think that makes me the only qualified Global Candidate.

Three words, "Cannibal Zombie Squirrels".

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why?

Not necessary but useful. "Worldview" determines many associations in the real world and the virtual world, and that makes knowing where people stand a useful thing. If, however, any of us think we are going to change the world with our views, we are mistaken. We may be able to steer it slightly off course, but no so much that anyone would notice.

The only thing we ever really control is our own lawns, and that's enough for a Curmudgeon! The edge of your lawn is as far as The Benevolent Tyranny of the Iron Fist(tm) extends for any of us. Curmudgeons, cognizant of that fact, therefore employ persuasion of one form or another beyond that boundary to get things done. It's not OUR fault if most forms of persuasion are unpleasant!

What makes you unique?

I'm going to approach the position by sneaking up on it through the woods. Most (but not all) of the other candidates appear to be taking a "hey-diddle-diddle, straight down the middle" approach. There are literally thousands of Curmudgeonly members stealthily and quietly approaching the clearing and surrounding it as we speak. While you have your eye on me, the Regency is being surrounded.

Now THAT'S leadership!

ATS Regent will find himself in the position of having to be a "leader" with no bestowed power to lead anything at all. I have the ability to carry that off by the bucket. The secret is in my all-powerful tinfoil crown.

I CAN do it, via demonstrated organizational and executive abilities in the face of the lack of any real power, and so far haven't seen any other candidate who can. We have a candidate with prior staff experience - but that's not "powerless and in the trenches", now is it? We have other candidates, who are SERIOUS contenders, with some really great organizational ideas, but no demonstrated successes in employing them or putting those ideas to work on behalf of ATS.

I have demonstrated organizational and motivational ability to accomplish great things for ATS already under my belt. Look no further than the book found in the first link in my signature for verification. In the exposure of a hoax at ATS, a group of members from disparate backgrounds, and from all over the planet, came together to debunk and expose a hoax perpetrated by a well-known hoaxer using a pseudonym. As time went by, it devolved to me to spearheaded that effort. It was by no means "all me" - that's not what leadership is about. Those members, known informally as "The Army of Darkness", moved mountains and uncovered dark things hiding under electronic rocks that would curl the hair. THEY did it, not me. All I did was provide a bit of coordination, sheer cussedness and determination, and encouragement to them when things looked bleak.

One of the members of "The Army of Darkness" is also one of my opponents. He's got a great platform, but, while technically accurate, it's very specific and limited. Nothing wrong with that, other than the limited scope. he would do well as Regent, too.

THAT is what leadership is about. not shiny platitudes and pretty thoughts. Leadership is about LEADING, not doing it all and taking the credits. It's about motivating, coordinating, and helping the membership be the best they can be, rise to new heights, and get things done - and doing it all with no external "power". That's what I will bring to the position of Regent, and what the ATS membership will benefit from.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Nosred

You are not gaining any respect with those disgusting comments. You seem to be treating this like a joke...but if you aren't, then you may want to leave the room. There is no room for egotistical runners who view every one around them as inferior plebs.

Caution, brother. there is method to his madness. As a Curmudgeon who STAYS mad most of the time, I can see the methodology. He's either a certifiable world-class genius, or an idiot savant. It's often difficult to tell the two apart just from words. He's approaching the race from an unexpected and lateral angle, and if we're not careful, he'll flank the lot of us.

Don't take the bait.

edit on 2012/6/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good Afternoon fellow ATS Regent Candidate's

Why? On this occasion, I think not. People have/had the opportunity to form a party and those who wish to step away from the battlefield should hold fire for now. Once a Regent has been selected, I see no reason why we cannot create dedicated areas for ATS citizen's to air their own opinions.

What makes you unique? Simply by my choice of words. ATS members will soon recognise those who cannot string two clearly balanced sentences together and I will never criticise any other ATS Regent Candidate's for their opinions. We all have our ideas and each should be respected. This is where members will see that the 50 Shades Of Debate party is a Party for ALL members, regardless of culture and opinion.

They'd notice huge leaps and bounds in a very short time. With negotiations between myself and ATS Superiors, I'll be able to build a strong bridge and a platform for users to air their opinions and build a website and community with them in mind.

The 50 Shades Of Debate Party are absolutely against Internet Bullying, but we are also recognise those who are of the "trolling" agenda. With a successful election, the Bullying WILL stop. The on-going arguments between nations such as the USA & the UK WILL stop. And the Trolls WILL be extinguished!

Yours in Faith,

ATS REGENT CANDIDATE - Chris Dickinson of the 50 Shades of Debate Party.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Why?

First of all, allow me to thank Beezzer for putting together this election, running it smoothly and taking the time to set up a debate for me and my fellow candidates.

Now to the question, I do believe that a world-view discussion is important because the ATS community is made up of people from all around the world, all different backgrounds, religions and political beliefs.

I have said from the beginning that I welcome all opinions, viewpoints and stances as we work together to create a better community. If we leave out any of them, then we will not have a truly happy ATS and some people will be left feeling angry and divided.

And this is what any good ATS Regent should do. Work with each individual in the community, welcoming all points of view as we all work together to make solutions and create a closer community.

The ATS Regent needs to welcome a world-view, and this is what I have done and always will do.

What makes you unique?

Unlike my fellow candidates, I truly have the know how and ability to get things done and make things happen for each of you. I use these influences every day.

I often say, that if I don't know the answer, I know some one who will and this is true. I am close with the owners, admin, moderators and a good part of the ATS community as a whole and I use my connections to make things happen.

I invite everyone to get in touch with me now or in the future if they need any help here on ATS or even out in the real world. I will work with you and for you using my connections to make good things happen.

Similar to my last answer I am the only candidate with the means to actually get things done. And if you want things done, then I am the man for you.

Rather than having to use big words to come off as a tough guy who will use force when necessary, I have no need for force. I use my connections around ATS, my experience as a moderator, member of the ATS Press Corp, commentator for ATS Live and a writer here on ATS, to get things done diplomatically.

A wise man once said, speak softly and carry a big stick.

Well, my friends, Diplomacy is a mighty big stick and I have every intention of using it.
edit on 21-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Also, for anyone who has not yet seen it, I invite you to take a look at my platform thread, to have a closer look at where I stand on the issues.

You can also click on the link in my signature which takes you to my platform thread.

I thank you all for your time and consideration.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

1. Do you think a world-view discussion is necessary for the Regent position? Why?

Absolutely. ATS is a global community. If this was a closed forum limited to members of the United States, I'd disagree, but this is the year 2012, the age of the internet, and we share information worldwide. This planet isn't getting any smaller, but communication barriers are. My campaign is about being open-minded to the possibilities that other people don't think the same way as you or I do, they have a different heritage, a different geographical location, and different issues that face them in their day to day lives. We all come to this forum to share those experiences.

Think about it for a moment. Where did you go for the latest information when the earthquake and subsequent tsunami hit Japan? How many UFO videos have you debunked originating in the UK or Australia? A mysterious spiral in Norway? You found that information right here, provided by other members, and in the process, we all learn a bit more about the world around us. In this day and age we can't afford to be narrow minded, not when we have valuable resources such as ATS to share.

2. How would you differentiate yourself between the other candidates approaches to this position? What makes you unique?

I think I am demonstrating that. I am running an honest campaign, differentiating myself to appeal to a wider audience, one that represents a better demographic of the many members here. I am trying to avoid the popularity tactics, or appealing to a relationship with the site owners and moderation. There's more to a political campaign than just appealing to a few individuals. You need to have that broader world-view, where each and every member is a real person to you, not just a group of people who star your posts. Everyone has an equal voice here on ATS, and as a candidate for Regent I'd like everyone to know that they are an equally valued member. Denying ignorance is a goal to achieve, and it sometimes takes a while when you first join this forum. Just remember that even the best members here started out with a single post.

I'm unique? Not really. I'm no different than the next person who posts a comment after I do. I do however, tend to be a realist. I can see the world around me, and being a fellow conspiracy theorist, I can extrapolate hundreds of different scenarios that leads to the demise of the human race. Can I as an individual do anything about it? Not really. Every seed needs planted before it can grow, so I travel through life planting seeds of reality, waiting and watching to see which ones grow, and which ones don't. I've learned to cultivate knowledge and grow a garden of wisdom.

As Regent I think ATS would best be served by helping individuals on a one on one basis, especially focusing of the newer members. When you plant a seed, it needs a certain amount of attention, and often times I see members get frustrated, offer wild speculations, or sometimes actually morph into trolls. Since the Regent will have no actual powers or abilities, I feel the role will be best suited to helping people make better threads, teaching them the way ATS functions, how to use the search function, and helping people to better understand the T&Cs. When I first joined, I looked around wide-eyed, wondering where to begin, and I found my way around, but only through trial and error. Can a function of the Regent be creating "tutorial" threads? The elected Regent should have that responsibility. Sure, most senior members know how to use the search function, or post up old links that explains bbcode, but ATS has evolved over the years, and in fact, is still evolving. Would the Regent monitor new functions (such as the ATS uploads), and write plain english "tutorial" threads for those who know nothing about HTML? Those a just a few of my ideas.

Being a leader doesn't mean sitting on a throne bragging about your title. It means getting down in the trenches, getting dirty, and actually being helpful. It requires patience, kindheartedness, the desire to help others, and the ability to actually do so.

I'd like to thank Beezzer for the opportunity to participate in this debate.

My Campaign Headquarters.
edit on 6/21/12 by Druid42 because: preview is my friend! spelling error.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join