It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is British Airways Warning The People of The UK About The Olympics? (Video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Yes, an airline asking customers "not to fly" seems counter-intuitive (at least from a business perspective).

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Although potentially a great topic for discussion, ive got a bit bored with the arguments in this thread (trolls or whatever) taking things too serious and edging off topic, meaning posts are getting burried.
I just take it back to my questions I asked on a previous page...
Why do BA want empty/half filled planes LEAVING the UK?
(not due to queues, being too busy etc, as explained in my last post)
And why do they not want buisness folk travelling at that time?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Its just a commercial... they are saying 'stay at home and watch the Olympics'... they are still advertising to fly with BA if you have to fly off somewhere...

I think you are trying to scare yourself aswell as others..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
They will have some kind of financial backing to do this, just like the £600 million boost they got in 2009.

Long term it will be beneficial for them.

Precisely Woogle. I for one refuse to believe they have done this off their own back. They've had their coffers lined in order to pay lip service for these games.

It's win - win for BA, a nice fat wad in the back pocket and a slap on the back for hilariously sneaking in a tune that will get the likes of us frothing.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

More than likely, plus I can imagine them being fairly busy ferrying foreign people in and back out of the UK.

Most countries air services will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people coming to the UK over the coming month(s), so BA will no doubt be there to pick up the slack....in fact the more I think about it, the more it makes sense, convincing people to stay in the UK takes pressure off them on that front.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Its just a commercial... they are saying 'stay at home and watch the Olympics'... they are still advertising to fly with BA if you have to fly off somewhere...

I think you are trying to scare yourself aswell as others..

Please don't for a moment presume to know my intentions with posting this thread.

At no point does the advert make out that "should you need to fly, fly with us", and again, what difference does it make to supporting team GB and "the home-field advantage" if people watch it at home or in a holiday resort abroad? People watching a screen brings ZERO advantage to a performing nation. The games are on for what, a month or so? Why would a trip on a plane of limited duration i.e. between 0.5-12 hours make one hell of a difference?

I am not trying to scare anyone or myself, its laughable that you think i am trying to scare myself. If people are scared about this stuff then ATS really isn't the place to be.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Please can someone repost and embed this image if it does not show embedded?

It's possible and perhaps even likely that this is a coded warning of a false flag attack at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, a pretext to an attack on Iran. The lyrics in the choice of backing music are pretty disturbing, but also as illustrated in the below image, there are several references to 7/7 and a possible coded message regarding 8/8 with the 8:35 and 538 both shown.

There are several other numbers used that may be significant.

In addition, the Iranian flag is clearly displayed at the end of the video (clearer if you watch it in HD).

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think it's nonsense to think that BA would be putting out a coded warning for people not to fly. What are we saying? They got wind of a plot and are trying to save as many as possible???
It's a little bit of marketing for the Olympics as they are 'an official Team GB partner' (whatever that means). They got people talking so it worked!
But if you really wanted to go down the conspiracy route it would be an attempt to get as many people to that location as possible.

That said I don't think there is anything to worry about.
www.terminalu.com...
www.openjaw.com...
edit on 22-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In reference to my previous post;

We are expecting over 1 million visa applications leading up to the Olympics

That is just people wanting to stay for the whole games, I can imagine the total number of tourists being double, triple or even more than that traveling on normal passports.

Granted, some might come by boat, some by train (channel tunnel), but the majority will be flights.

It's not a bit of wonder they are trying to convince people to stay at home!

The average plane can take between 350 and 450 passengers, so that's a heck of a lot of flights, the airports are going to be jam packed.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

More than likely, plus I can imagine them being fairly busy ferrying foreign people in and back out of the UK.

Most countries air services will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people coming to the UK over the coming month(s), so BA will no doubt be there to pick up the slack....in fact the more I think about it, the more it makes sense, convincing people to stay in the UK takes pressure off them on that front.

OK so let me get this straight. BA want the "Brits" to stay at home because too many other nationalities of people will be coming to the UK?

Lets pick this apart...

1. When a plane arrives in the UK from a foreign country, it unloads its passengers, re-fuels, gets a quick clean and maintenance check then it fills back up with passengers and fly's away to where it came from.

i.e 300 people get on a 777 from Australia to the UK. 300 people get off, 300 people get on. This means no actual increase in population.

2. The games are on for a month or so. Persons may stay for a couple of weeks, possibly 3 so lets say 300 people arrive from Australia on said 777 and only 150 different people get on to go back to Australia because more people come into the UK than leave for the month the games are on until the games end. This creates a situation where the airline has 150 spare seats that they can't sell. The answer in your eyes and BA's eyes is to tell people not to fly! Smart Move!

3. Lets say a BA plane takes off from Newcastle with 100 passengers on it but its capacity is 200. It flies to Norway, 200 people get on to come back as they are all here to see the Olympics. BA is left 100 seats short. Smart Move!!

4. The sensible thing would be to get as MANY people on outbound flights as POSSIBLE to fill the seats out of the UK as ALL the seats will be filled coming into the UK. BA and you feel that telling them not to fly is sensible. Smart Move!!

5. In the interests of contemplation, lets say Qatar airlines puts on double the usual number of flights into the UK than normal for the month the Olympics is on. Lets hypothetically say that will be a monthly capacity of 10,000 people coming into the UK from the ME. Now they won't be able to fill all those extra outbound seats until those persons who came in are ready to leave. Where is the sense in telling people not to fly when the outbound flights will all be half empty?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

In reference to my previous post;

We are expecting over 1 million visa applications leading up to the Olympics

That is just people wanting to stay for the whole games, I can imagine the total number of tourists being double, triple or even more than that traveling on normal passports.

Granted, some might come by boat, some by train (channel tunnel), but the majority will be flights.

It's not a bit of wonder they are trying to convince people to stay at home!

The average plane can take between 350 and 450 passengers, so that's a heck of a lot of flights, the airports are going to be jam packed.

And what about all the return flights? BA wants those seats empty yes?????

Your reasoning is totally flawed.

All plane trips are return. They don't just drop people off and fly back empty! If as you say there will be a million people here, that means they have a million seats to fill out-bound...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I was just taking a different look at it, you have to remember that they need to check people in, board the planes, then take off. With the amount of planes that are going to be coming and going, would there be time to do this?

Air operators will probably be charging customers premium for tickets during the games, so they might not loose out in the end.

It was just a thought that seemed to make sense to me at the time.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I agree , as a marketing campaign its not very smart at all and Im really surprised that it even got the go ahead.
No matter what this ad wont convince people either way to fly or not to fly.
The people would still be going on holiday regardless of this ad ,
So we are still left with the questions , why the hell did they make this thing !

Dont use our service , we are the UK's premium airline service , but dont fly with us , stay at home instead,
we as a corporate company dont really like making money that much so dont bother to fly with us, just stay at home instead!

yeh cus thats exactly how to run a business!

its backwards , so why did they do it !

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod kie

That is pretty much nail on the head to what I was trying to explain in my earlier post.
I'm just glad, like you, that I will be at home in scotland, many miles away from it all.
Just gutted they have turned glasgow into a suburb of london for these london zion olympuc games, by hosting some of the football here.
I certainly wont be flying anywhere at that time. Thanks for the advice BA
edit on 22-6-2012 by djyorkie because: messed up who I addressed to

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Have a read of this:

www.ausbt.com.au...

and you will see that my thoughts aren't too far fetched, convince people to stay at home and take some of the pressure off the airports.

There is quite a few different sites telling a similar tale.

EDIT: I wasn't suggesting no outbound flights btw, I was suggesting less, or less people.
edit on 22/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

IMO the majority of the population will simply get the basic message : Don't fly, London is calling. Support team GB. Nothing more.

It clearly says hashtag Homeadvantage!!! FFS why does everyone become blind suddenly.

I think its a rather good ad.

All they are trying to say is that the locals, ie british people, should stay home, and support their team. There is no conspiracy here.

And actually, I will be back during and after a brilliant olympic games, to come in here and say "Told you so" because this is nothing but fearmongering from some ignorant people on here, and frankly, its getting tedious.

vvv

I saw you quote me but I think I was not very clear in my comment.

What I meant was that the British population will get the message to simply stay home and encourage their team. Just like the ad intended to do. Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Exactly. Why? This is my question...

Who is it being aimed at if not the general public? Is it being aimed at "those who are awake"?
edit on 22/6/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We've got a gazillion tourists coming in for the games. Every air company is going to busy and if we all cross everything airport staff hopefully won't balls it up like they are sometimes prone to. Lovely, all those tourists might make a dent in the ridiculous amount spent already brainstorming an opening ceremony with sheep and the Queens Jubby thermal knickers.

Now since the likes of you and me don't really have the option of squirreling big fat Jubilee performance cheques away in tax avoidance schemes that we all paid for, then they probably need us all to stay at home to prop the economy up with our paltry wages sitting on our arses in front of the TV, every member of the family from granny to baby bedecked in official SUPPORT TEAM GB tee shirts whilst eating/drinking 3 times our own weight a day in officially sponsored food and beverage, just to be patriotic like.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

OK lets look at this again...

Heathrow Airport will be horrendously busy with incoming flights, a million people over a months period. The arrivals lounge will be MAYHEM. The departures lounge for the first few weeks will be quiet...

As the games wind up, it will reverse, the Arrivals will be quiet and the departures will be MAYHEM.

Whenever people arrive at an airport, they don't hang around their for hours, personally i believe the airports will be pretty smooth, if anything holds up the people it will be the military presence that will create the ques and throngs of people being held up. The roads around Heathrow will be busy. I just can't personally see why people should be urged not to fly out of here!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Lol...but lets be honest, there is only 2 events that most "brits" will watch because we have a pretty good record in them and that's Rowing and Cycling.

We suck at pretty much everything else, we all know who will win the majority of medals - Good ole' US of A.

My life will continue on as normal, i will tune in for the rowing and cycling and look at the medal tables every now and again. Apart from that I'll be working, enjoying the family and scrolling through ATS!!!

I hope it all goes off without a hitch...I'd very much hate to be on ATS in a couple of months time arguing with others that it was planned!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join