It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is British Airways Warning The People of The UK About The Olympics? (Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
As to the reports of the man who's complaining about the surface-to air missiles on his roof -

I'm sure he'd be more than pleased they were there, if an attack did happen, it missed it's target and was headed for his home.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure if its been asked yet, I haven't finished reading everyone's posts.

Don't Fly who is this message to I wonder? It could be a code word, but its defiantly sending the message of do not fly at all no matter what airline you choose to travel with.

And personally I wouldn't be anywhere near London, hopefully nothing will happen and everyone will be safe.

on another note, I'm wondering what the other airline company's are thinking about this, because its potently damaging to them as well.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why is a non-white child holding the British flag LMAO!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been said but I am pretty sure the commercial is about telling the British people not to go any where and stay home to support there home team.

This isn't a USA commercial and the message is to the Brits so the message isn't meant for any one but the Brits

That message is "Don't go any where. Stay home and support GB"

I see no false flag or warning here......

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I love ATS how always jumps to the wrong conclusion.

It is somehow comforting to know that no matter what is on television (why do you people watch television?) someone here will jump to the wrong conclusion about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

At this point, what you're saying is complete speculation. Still, it's a very interesting point you make.

Being the skeptic that I am, I won't believe it until I see it. However, if what you say proves to be true, you can be sure i'll be following your every thread from that point forward.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Olympics are either gonna be a safe place or the doom-start-zone...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone noticed what looks to be an Iranian flag when the kid enters the stadium only other flag ever seen other than the british flag in the commercial and its barely noticeable. what do you guys make of it? by the way i say iranian because of the colors and the red part in the middle could be wrong though. Also why does a naked woman expose herself to the passing plane and the rest of the public i say naked because her feet are wet and her footsteps lead up to the window and you can see the towel on the floor by the footprints lol and then they show a church?????
edit on 22-6-2012 by starks1089 because: naked woman

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Why don't fly. Like do they mean don't travel out of country so you can stay here to support the home team? Very weird. Kind of creepy, However the rest of the commercial is funny.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666

Great analysis!.

As an old Clash fan, i'm more worried to see the daily use of these brilliant lyrics together with a corporated message though! :puz
edit on 22-6-2012 by Chevalerous because: My bad English!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by Viking9019
Sorry but i'm just not seeing it and i'm guessing you are trying too hard too spot something.

Of course i may be wrong though.

Your not seeing it? Let me see if i can simplify.

A National TV Advert broadcast to 60million people by one of the biggest airlines in the world is telling people NOT TO FLY.

What is there NOT to get with that?

How is this advantageous to the company? Why are they hoping NOT to sell seats on their planes.

I see where you are going with this but i think you are reading too much into this.

This commercial is only aired in the UK and i don't think UK domestic flights are such a huge piece of the pie for BA.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Actually, this is a perfectly respectable advertising slogan. The reason is that the exact word they needed to say to increase business is contained: Fly.

It has been proven that it doesn't matter whether you say "don't" or "no" or "ain't" or "isn't"...none of those matter in terms of neurological processing because your brain, in order to try to figure out what NOT to do, must think of what it is that it isn't to do. Well, too bad for you, you have to think about IT in order to try to figure out what you supposedly are advised against doing.

Simple examples:
Do not think of a purple elephant in high heels.
Do not smoke weed or shoot heroin.

Problem with all of the above is that, the ideas are in your head just by reading the sentence. It doesn't matter a single bit whether "Do not" is there. It still promotes imagery of those ideas. You may have a negative feeling toward them, but you still imagine those things.

That's why the war on drugs and drug posters actually PROMOTE drug use. Hearing news about violent crimes, INCREASES crime rates. Hearing about people eating off others' faces, PROMOTES more of the same.

This is taught in NLP. It isn't my idea. Nice work by British Airways. Free advertising on ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

IMO the majority of the population will simply get the basic message : Don't fly, London is calling. Support team GB. Nothing more.

It clearly says hashtag Homeadvantage!!! FFS why does everyone become blind suddenly.

I think its a rather good ad.

All they are trying to say is that the locals, ie british people, should stay home, and support their team. There is no conspiracy here.

And actually, I will be back during and after a brilliant olympic games, to come in here and say "Told you so" because this is nothing but fearmongering from some ignorant people on here, and frankly, its getting tedious.

vvv

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
Why is a non-white child holding the British flag LMAO!!!

WTF!

Are you suggesting that only white people are british???? 0_o

Everyday this site amazes me more and more.

Carry on

vvv

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
But from an airlines business point of view lets break it down. British Airways is NOT a holiday airline. it's market is primarily business schedule routes, and long haul. They get killed on the holiday routes by charter and low cost airlines, Thomson, Thomas Cook, Monarch, Easy Jet and Ryan Air.

This makes perfect sense - tell people not to fly in the summer during the holidays - probably when their competitions business is at its highest. Theoretically the summer could end up beng a very expensive time of year for them.

An advert like this will make people:

a) talk about BA
b) think that BA are 'good' as they are purposefully going against their core product (flights)
c) think that BA cares about the UK and the Olympics outside of their sponsorship

I also saw this quote:
Frank van der Post, managing director, brands and customer experience, British Airways, said: "We’re rallying the country to get behind Team GB and ParalympicsGB to capitalise on home advantage.

"Whether it means delaying your summer holiday, finding where to get behind the country with our 'best sports bars abroad' guide, or cheering them on at Park Live at the Olympic Park – we are encouraging every extra clap and cheer we can get."

from here

The Olmpic period will be hugely busy for BA with all the people flying to the UK as they will fly direct from most large cities (or a mnimal stops where it is a long way away). Prices will be higher for Brits during this time as there wont be many seats and this will make them hate BA for 'cashing in' on the Olympics. And, of course, BA are not telling people not to fly, they are telling them to delay their flights quite simply because they will be oversubscribed!

So perhaps a double attack - stop people flying with the competitors while you cash in on long haul tourism and make yourself look good and conscientious!

BTW, totally agree about the song, that is perhaps a little weird. It could have been worse though 'London's Burning'!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by Viking9019
Sorry but i'm just not seeing it and i'm guessing you are trying too hard too spot something.

Of course i may be wrong though.

Your not seeing it? Let me see if i can simplify.

A National TV Advert broadcast to 60million people by one of the biggest airlines in the world is telling people NOT TO FLY.

What is there NOT to get with that?

How is this advantageous to the company? Why are they hoping NOT to sell seats on their planes.

WRONG! It is telling you not to fly abroad and instead stay at home. You do realise they would make more money from internal domestic flights don't you...........well obviously not! As for the paranoid "this is part of NWO plot" nonsense sheesh give us break!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

No its not, its saying don't fly. That's not DON'T FLY ABROAD, its DON'T FLY. BA puts on lots of internal flights, this isn't just about flying abroad. This is simply saying DON'T FLY in general terms.

IMO this makes no sense, the advert could have taken any angle bar this to NOT affect their business model.

The could have simply shown an advert of people arriving at the airports via BA flights with a message at the end saying SUPPORT TEAM GB

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

It's all been laid out for us right there !

DOnt fly , unless you want to die in a plane accident on the olympics ! planes are going to be used to crash into the olympic stadium , the obelisk "shard " building , as above as below !
the BA airlines planes with the phoenix decals are going to be hijaccked and flown into the stadiums by terror cells from Syria / Iran !

after that we can goto war , and new draconian laws will arise from the ashes , to further infringe upon our freedoms ! Cue WW3 for the NWO depopulation and one world government .

tony blair sits back and swigs his whiskey!

of course this is all complete speculation , but frightening !

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

internal domestic flights , sure ! however there are more brits flying overseas than domestically , and domestic tickets cost less than overseas.
Ba stand to make more money from overseas flights than domestic.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

As usual some over active imaginations on here did you look at what was under the don't fly message

#homeadvantage

www.thedrum.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.thedrum.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join