Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is British Airways Warning The People of The UK About The Olympics? (Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Didn't think much about it, till I saw the song lyrics. Companies do strange commercials all the time, but when you see an aircraft cruising through London, then realize what the song is saying.....
They did it with jets once already, they may do it again.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Why would anyone warn people about impending doom through an advert?
Why warn people, if the majority will never get it?
It is totally illogical captain.

This is how it looks to me:
The advert is clearly targeted at British people, it means that there will be a lot of people about from all over the world and BA may be worried that they can't cope giving a good standard as there would probably be a lot of waiting, long cues and lost luggage even without Brits flying. So they say to those who want to go to London from lets say Manchester to drive instead.
I think it is very sensible. I mean nobody seems to mind when McDonald's tells you to be fit and healthy, which also goes against their product. They just want to look as if they care. It sells.

The Shard is used not because it is a pyramid
but because it is the newest, most modern building and will be London's new flagship.

London calling was used because it is a cool song and has the lyrics "London " and "calling" in it. The guys that do background music aren't always the cleverest, they are usually young, just out of Uni and search for key words, that throw up a lot of songs. Out of those London calling was probably the most edgy.

That is how I see it and I am "awake", however I am just awake and not on some extra stimulants like some. Which helps me not to wrap tinfoil around my head quite yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666

This is how it looks to me:
The advert is clearly targeted at British people, it means that there will be a lot of people about from all over the world and BA may be worried that they can't cope giving a good standard as there would probably be a lot of waiting, long cues and lost luggage even without Brits flying. So they say to those who want to go to London from lets say Manchester to drive instead.
I think it is very sensible. I mean nobody seems to mind when McDonald's tells you to be fit and healthy, which also goes against their product. They just want to look as if they care. It sells.

The Shard is used not because it is a pyramid
but because it is the newest, most modern building and will be London's new flagship.

London calling was used because it is a cool song and has the lyrics "London " and "calling" in it. The guys that do background music aren't always the cleverest, they are usually young, just out of Uni and search for key words, that throw up a lot of songs. Out of those London calling was probably the most edgy.

That is how I see it and I am "awake", however I am just awake and not on some extra stimulants like some. Which helps me not to wrap tinfoil around my head quite yet.

Yes because putting an ad like that is the best way to tell people to drive instead of fly...oh and i'm sure BA are really bothered about people waiting in ques!

If they were bothered about heavy airline usage they would be better spending half the price on an advert saying something like

"Drive to the Olympics...don't fly, we are too busy and really don't want you all standing about for too long..."

I was curious what building it was because i have never seen it before...that's all.

As for the "tin foil" comment, I'd rather there were 1,000,000 "tin foil" people on this site than a single person like you who feels that coming onto a conspiracy site with a "potential" conspiracy (London Olympics and Illuminati) constitutes some kind of stimulant/drug issue.

You say your "awake" but lets be honest, you aren't really now are you?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why would it have to be a warning? There are many other things it could be, for example 'Art' or 'Showing off that one is Illuminated', there are many more options too. You're approaching this topic with a closed mind, you should be focusing on 'is there a message?' and then 'what is the message?' before speculating on 'why are they putting this information in adverts?' or even worse jumping to the immediate conclusion that this would have to be a 'warning' so hence 'it doesn't make sense', and hence 'it can't possibly exist'.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

But subliminal conditioning was pretty heavy pre 9/11.

Film, music and TV- it was pretty strong.

I think a lot of people hugely, hugely underestimate the impact subliminal messaging has on the masses. Also you ask why do it if most people don't get it? Well, people don't have to get it on a conscious level, it is what is going on at a deeper level in the sub conscious.

Everything around us operates on frequency, so what the masses think on a sub conscious level could in theory affect the reality we see around us.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For the actual ad, I agree with other posters that the song choice is quite strange.

Here is one interpretation of the song lyrics-

London Calling is apocalyptic, written right after Three Mile Island partial meltdown in 1979. (In Clampdown, on the same album, they sing, 'Working hard in Harrisburg (closest town to TMI), working hard in Petersburg (site of a Russian nuclear institute) ... begging to be melted down..."). Engines were theorized to stop running during a nuclear attack - don't know if people still believe that.
In London, anything close to the Thames would be underwater during a flood caused by sea level rise or nuclear meltdown or any other reason, thus, you'd be the first to go. So no need to fear.
Other apocalyptic images include the Sun becoming a red giant, an ice age taking place, and mass starvation. Not a pretty sight.

Now, the olympic park is built on a former nuclear site-

news.bbc.co.uk...

[London 2012 officials have insisted there is no health risk after learning part of the planned Olympic Park is on the site of a former nuclear reactor.

I find it really weird- the lyrics of the song are talking of war and a battlezone, of a 'nuclear error', unsettling at least seen as though at the end of the advert, 3 planes are seen just outside the olympic stadium and the site it built on a former nuclear site.

The potential dates from Big Ben are 7/8 and 8/8, as pointed out by a previous poster.

Also worth noting that 'London calling' is in reference to the BBC's WW2 announcements.

Here is wikipedia's take on the meaning of the song-

The lyrics reflect the concern felt by Strummer about world events with the reference to "a nuclear error" to the incident at Three Mile Island, which occurred earlier in 1979. Joe Strummer has said: "We felt that we were struggling about to slip down a slope or something, grasping with our fingernails. And there was no one there to help us."[3][4]

The line "London is drowning / And I live by the river" comes from concerns that if the River Thames flooded, most of central London would drown, something that led to the construction of the Thames Barrier.[3][4] Strummer's concern for police brutality is evident through the lines "We ain't got no swing / Except for the ring of that truncheon thing" as the Metropolitan Police at the time had a truncheon as standard issued equipment.

We can all agree the song choice is very, very bizarre.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-6-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I saw the advert for the first time a few days ago and what got my senses tingling was the the whole creepy calmness of it all. I really expected the plane to explode. Its all about context and subliminal reversal technique in my opinion. Like the opening of the Die Hard 3 film, nice cheery music then BOOM.

Something rank is going to happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Keep the sheep on the farm (as a fellow poster previously stated)
Is dead on! Stay at home, tune in to the largest televised event of the year!

Passenger flying is not part of the "Agenda" tv is easier to manipulate.

I wonder if bluebeam is more realistic from ground than say 30,000 ft above. Hmmmm....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Dont use British Airways? No problem, i'll go to Amsterdam with Easyjet. I think it is just to make people talk (like us here), its clever advertising. They certainly would not hide a terror alert in an advert that a lot of the 65 million people in Britain wont see. I only knew about this advert because i saw it here on ATS, i watch very little TV

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
Keep the sheep on the farm (as a fellow poster previously stated)
Is dead on! Stay at home, tune in to the largest televised event of the year!

Passenger flying is not part of the "Agenda" tv is easier to manipulate.

I wonder if bluebeam is more realistic from ground than say 30,000 ft above. Hmmmm....

Strangely enough that makes more sense than the OP conspiracy

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Has there been any studies/research or anybody know if Blubeam has the same effect on the ground vs 30,00 ft above?
If the Blubeam images are created high in the sodium layers of the atmosphere, would you be able to tell that it is a 3d hologram?

With all the iPhones and digital cameras, taking video or pics would be a threat to the operation.

Anyone know about this?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

It was a freaking joke. Simmer down. Are you really suggesting that a huge company is aware of an incoming disaster and decides to broadcast it so that every idiot with an internet connection can call them on it?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Indeed but BA (IMO) don't stand to gain anything from not selling tickets. They are spending millions of £'s on a TV ad which will cost them millions of £'s more in lost ticket sales!

Hmmmm...

No sold tickets, no fuel costs, no repair costs, no staff costs, no general administration costs.
That to me, is a way for BA to save money. So it is not only "lost money" from not selling seats.
Perhaps the government are also giving BA money for not flying people out of the country, so that money instead will be spent inside to borders of England compared to over seas.

Edit. Well, I guess there would still be costs, but compared to running BA with all planes constantly operational, the costs would be far less. I would think.
edit on 21-6-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Surely the point of the 'don't fly' slogan is to have something that sticks in people's minds. You have to stop and think about why they would be asking you NOT to fly, the reason they offer is that you should stay and watch the olympics. They probably intend for people to be interested because it seems to make no sense and then the amount of time figuring it out means it may stick in peoples minds more their usual slogans.

The song lyrics are a curious choice though. Apocolyptic worries about London flooding, nuclear war and 'London Calling' being the call sign used by the BBC in Wartime. I don't know if there's definitely a message here but I'm quite pleased that I'm a few hundred miles from London anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Are those Middle Eastern people in the seats where the small boy gets buckled in?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree with the OP as it is quite odd that a company advertises something that goes against their business model.

Like some other poster mentioned, it is probably to facilitate the transportation of incoming tourists.
Makes some kind of sense.

IMO the majority of the population will simply get the basic message : Don't fly, London is calling. Support team GB. Nothing more.

Oh and now I am stuck with that song in my head...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Well, only time will tell but this thread will be a permanent record of those that saw and heeded the warning or nothing at all will happen and BA will just have done a very dumb assed thing. S&F

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There are two layers to our society.

1. Those that can still think for themselves.
2. Those that need to be told what to think.

In other words, this could be a message for those that are in the know!!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have worked in Aviation for over 15 years, I have seen many silly airline ads in that time, and British Airways seems prone to marketing errors. However, this is one of the stupidest adverts I have seen.

But from an airlines business point of view lets break it down. British Airways is NOT a holiday airline. it's market is primarily business schedule routes, and long haul. They get killed on the holiday routes by charter and low cost airlines, Thomson, Thomas Cook, Monarch, Easy Jet and Ryan Air.

Considering that the Olympic happens at a peak time for overseas holidays in the UK, I guess this is their way of telling people not to go abroad but stay at home and support the team. But oh my god what a crappy way of an advert to do it.

its almost as bad as the plan they had painted to celebrate the olympics

BA Olympic Livery

As one comentator put it, what is so special about a plane that looks more like a Saudi business jet than a celebration of the olympics.

However, I am uncertain that there is anything more sinister about this than a very poorly thought our marketing campaign.

If I were them I would have concentrated on showing the long haul routes and showing bring all the world to London to support team GB. that makes more sense from every angle.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The only thing I think it could mean, is like they said, to stay in the country. That was my first thought, but honestly, it still isn't very clever, nor does it really make all that much sense. But with that said, I doubt this has anything nefarious behind it, and I wouldn't worry about this particular advertisement. But that is not to say that some nutjobs won't try something during the games, and I really hope everything goes off without a hitch.

Also, you mention your other half, and I was just wondering if you had a Siamese twin??? Haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join