It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is British Airways Warning The People of The UK About The Olympics? (Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Whilst sitting watching TV with my other half last night, I saw a TV advert (commercial) by British Airways…in fact I saw it 3 times in the space of 2 hours.

Anyways, the advert is that of a BA plane taxing through the streets of London for the Olympics. The plane traverses the streets etc. and then comes to a halt right at the athlete tunnel entrance to the field of the Olympic stadium (with the nice big illuminate pyramid lights in view). Then the following words appear on screen in big bold letters…

DON’T FLY. SUPPORT TEAM GB

Now that would be fine in my opinion if it was say Coca-Cola or Walmart or the likes but this is a company that 100% relies of persons flying to operate. This is like a Taxi company telling everyone to walk rather than take a Taxi.

British Airways, a UK-based air carrier, has launched an offbeat promotional campaign for the London 2012 Olympics, under the heading, ‘Don’t Fly. Support Team GB’.

The airline described the campaign heading as ‘tongue-in-cheek’, while saying that it was intended to encourage Britons to stay in the country during the Olympic and Paralympic games to support their team. It also stated that the campaign is linked to research that indicated the benefit of home advantage for athletes that perform on home soil.

However, the outbound industry, which has already been angered by a recent British government-funded domestic tourism campaign that was headed, ‘Why Would You Want To Go Abroad?’ is likely to be further displeased by this latest discouragement, despite the fact that it has been initiated by one of their own

Now I’m not a rocket scientist or mathematician but if I were the CEO and this advert landed on my desk for approval I would say this…

“Yes, air it but remove the DON’T FLY part and just have SUPPORT TEAM GB”. British Airways also host internal flights from Scotland to England to Wales to Ireland so why are they saying DON’T FLY?

Are the Illuminati trying to convey a message? Is there deeper meaning behind why a company that NEEDS people to fly are telling them NOT TO?

Article

edit on 21/6/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

In the end of the day BA belongs to the NWO elite and they want you domesticated so it make sense asking the sheep not to get out of the farm although if you get out they are there to take care of you!

edit on 21-6-2012 by Zedux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zedux

In the end of the day BA belongs to the NWO elite and they want you domesticated so it make sense asking the sheep not to get out of the farm although if you fly they are there to take care of you!

It makes me wonder if the message is to

"Stay at home, we have a show for you"?

I just cannot for the life of me comprehend why an airline would advertise for people not to fly...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

they aren't free market people. their monopoly will control whatever airline stands last in the end of the day if we don't change things. but definitely there's something big coming for London 2012 but I think it would me in American soil but never know!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
S&F, now take a look at the disturbing lyrics of the tune that's been selected; fits in with a WW III initiating False Flag

London Calling (Strummer/Jones)

London calling to the faraway towns
Now that war is declared-and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, all you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look at us
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

CHORUS
The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
Engines stop running and the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
London is drowning-and I live by the river

London calling to the imitation zone
Forget it, brother, an' go it alone
London calling upon the zombies of death
Quit holding out-and draw another breath
London calling-and I don't wanna shout
But when we were talking-I saw you nodding out
London calling, see we ain't got no highs
Except for that one with the yellowy eyes

CHORUS

Now get this
London calling, yeah, I was there, too
An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!
London calling at the top of the dial
After all this, won't you give me a smile?

I never felt so much a' like

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I saw this advert three times this morning also, kinda liked it up till the point "Don't fly" flashed up at the end. I'm all for supporting our Athletes on home turf but what Globally renowned Airline who depends on people flying blatantly tells them not to on National TV. Does not make one iota of good business sense at all???

I am working for the duration of the games on site and around London at various venues and am very troubled by what may come. Hopefully it is a lot of hot air and fearmongering, but who knows.

Anyways things are getting exciting and we'll all have some good stories to tell after the games, hopefully for the good.

thedogsblogocks

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Sorry but i'm just not seeing it and i'm guessing you are trying too hard too spot something.

Of course i may be wrong though.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Good catch, very weird indeed of this was to happen I'll make a prediction for the worst to happen at around 1030 am to 1130am there time just on a hunch I have and no I will not elaborate on that... Hope nothing does but with everything that is known just be prepared.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Sorry but i'm just not seeing it and i'm guessing you are trying too hard too spot something.

Of course i may be wrong though.

Your not seeing it? Let me see if i can simplify.

A National TV Advert broadcast to 60million people by one of the biggest airlines in the world is telling people NOT TO FLY.

What is there NOT to get with that?

How is this advantageous to the company? Why are they hoping NOT to sell seats on their planes.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
They often use watchhands to show people something subliminal. If you look at 0:25min (in the clip) the towerclock stands at 08:35 respectively on the 8 and the 7...., maybe something will happen on the 07 of August who knows?!
Just a thought.

edit on 21/6/12 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

Was just about to post on this and you beat me to it....
very very strange choice of lyrics indeed. I will have to listen to the ad again, but I'm not sure that it gets as far as using the line in the song about zombies.

Good catch, JRM, and it makes me glad I'm in Scotland.

I also was intrigued last week when the plans for the opening ceremony were revealed, and are to include farm animals....like sheep....eh? How weird....maybe I'm making connections where there are none, but this is a conspiracy site, so lets run with it. It all reminds me of how spooked I was when watching the Beijing opening ceremony and there was that bus with Leona Lewis on the top. Maybe I really am a little sensitive conspiracy witch but all I could think about then I saw the top unfold was the blown up bus in Tavistock Square. The similarity in the images was really striking to me. Will see if I can find some links and pics when I have a minute.

But yeah...going back to the OP....it's damn weird when an airline is telling people not to fly.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It's like you've finally seeen British comedy through American eyes. It misses the mark to the point of being inexplicable and vaguely frightening rather than funny.

edit on 21-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Can anyone from London please tell me what building that is at exactly 0:30 seconds. I have never seen it before and it looks very much like an Obelisk?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

the Shard in London Bridge

en.wikipedia.org...

It's quite a cool looking building
edit on 21-6-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

the Shard in London Bridge

en.wikipedia.org...

It's quite a cool looking building
edit on 21-6-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Ah its not open yet, that's why i haven't seen it before. Thanks for the info!

p.s. yes it is quite impressive!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Damn.....can't find the clip I'm looking for....can find the Beijing Whole Lotta Love thing...but not the bit I remember with the bus, and I KNOW I didn't imagine it...
no vids on YouTube that I can find. Now I'm really suspicious. Hmmm.....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
See what you mean about the whole thing being rather odd. Who on earth decided London calling was an appropriate tune? Ok it's about London, it's an iconic tune, but the lyrics just don't gel with the whole uplifting bullcrap these Olympics are supposed to create.

I understand the whole don't go spending your money abroad phooey brought to us by the likes of Steven Fry, I expected it even. Perhaps the organisers and Gov are getting twitchy about this weather we are having that looks like it may threaten their games. Heck, even weather forecasters are being accused of being deliberately pessimistic and British holiday destinations are seeing a shocking drop in bookings and many cancellations. Perhaps people have to decided to stuff it all and jet off to sunnier climes after all.

I imagine BA are winning at this rate, both with tourists jetting in and fed up damp Brits jetting out. It's possible that it's no skin off their nose if they bang this advert out purely to satisfy our Gov. If that's the case the choice of London's Calling in the advert could just be a bit of a joke on BA's part. Yes they are telling you to stay at home while at the same time giving you the notion that it's all going to be grim and cack so get packing.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
for the add i iked it
dont understand BAs motives tho for saying dont fly?????
seems counter productive unless they have their hands in some form of Olympic pie were they will stand to make more money from people staying home and watching/attending the olympics instead of paying for flight tickets
thats the only reason i can think of at the moment.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Indeed but BA (IMO) don't stand to gain anything from not selling tickets. They are spending millions of £'s on a TV ad which will cost them millions of £'s more in lost ticket sales!

Hmmmm...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

yes but..........what is their input into the olympics?
they must have something in it or they wouldnt advertise itself alongside the olympics.

People who nonetheless choose to fly will be able to watch the action on screens in the lounges at Heathrow Terminal 5, and British Airways will host a dedicated area at the Olympic Park for up to 10,000 fans to watch the Olympics live on giant screens.

thats a little income for them but only little
from HERE

heres BAs web on the campaign BA Link

they will have a huge agenda behind this otherwise they wouldnt do it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join