It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with these people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I really don't get how people can say they are 'anti drugs' but still support pharmaceuticals.
Or how people demonize certain substances while ignoring or condoning ones that are far worse.

Pharmaceuticals are far more dangerous then any illicit.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

I think it all boils down to the witch doctor and the banker."You keep them stupid while I keep them broke"...and for every means,I'm sure it has worked

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Now look what you've done. Only someone insane or retarded could disagree with you. That's no way to pick an argument....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

I think it all boils down to the witch doctor and the banker."You keep them stupid while I keep them broke"...and for every means,I'm sure it has worked
Yeah its true. It is obviously not hard to trick people into believing stuff if you have enough money.
You see the same thing in lots of places, like the whole global warming argument.. Im not saying either side is right or wrong but its an endless argument that has made us loose sight of other issues and our use of dangerous energy continues.
Or how people attack smoking in general and not the dangerous chemicals added.

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Now look what you've done. Only someone insane or retarded could disagree with you. That's no way to pick an argument....
That's not of my doing I am just stating the facts.
edit on 21-6-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Theirs a difference between on the streets getting high all day, than taking a drugl to help your pain, or sickness...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Hey,I'm with ya...after watching"the collapse","Thrive",and "The secret of Oz" the blood boils...and sick part about it is only 1 third of the population knows about it.......next time someone tells me to"go with the flow",I'm gonna punch their card....just thoughts
.....woops,off topic,sorry
edit on 21-6-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

from what ive seen people that "get high all day on the streets" do have pain and sickness, maybe just not the same as pharma-junkies.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by dayve

from what ive seen people that "get high all day on the streets" do have pain and sickness, maybe just not the same as pharma-junkies.

Yea. And you can call addiction a sickness, and give excuses to them all day long.... Pharma junkies are the same, addicts.... I was just comparing the average junkie, to the average person who is either sick, or has real pain and takes pills...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

not making excuses for anyone, junkies are junkies no matter what there addicted to

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

You are not stating facts, but rather a learned opinion that can be probably be factually back up.

Ouch
edit on 21-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

Is that a parable or a fable, because it should be if it is not.

Perfectly put.

I could imagine had Aesop been alive today, it would be right at the top of his list for ideas.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Theirs a difference between on the streets getting high all day, than taking a drugl to help your pain, or sickness...

Opiate is opiate whether it is sold on prescription or sold on a corner.

The difference is when a rich yuppie gets busted with oxycontin they can claim boohoo the drug made me do it. When junkie joe gets caught, it's demonize him and send him to prison time.

no difference.... only in your mind... a fact created by the WOD.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

People take drugs to help pain and suffering.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You are not stating facts, but rather a learned opinion that can be probably be factually back up.

Ouch
edit on 21-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)
What can be backed up?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

The difference is when a rich yuppie gets busted with oxycontin they can claim boohoo the drug made me do it. When junkie joe gets caught, it's demonize him and send him to prison time.

Yeaaaa theirs no difference than someone who breaks a leg and takes a oxy than a pill junkie snorting oxy... I know the difference, i take pills for physical pain, not recreation (sometimes) Some take them to get high.... If you've never experienced a drug addiction i doubt you would get the difference... What do you do when you need pain relief?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Yeaaaa theirs no difference than someone who breaks a leg and takes a oxy than a pill junkie snorting oxy... I know the difference, i take pills for physical pain, not recreation (sometimes) Some take them to get high.... If you've never experienced a drug addiction i doubt you would get the difference... What do you do when you need pain relief?

Here's a tip. I've been off illicit drugs for almost 10 years now. So your opinionated high horse can go eat hay.

There are many socialites that pop pills, and many people that have become addicted to opiate based drugs due to having taken them while suffering pain, but you see, they don't realise it's the SAME DRUG as those nasty horrible criminal junkies take.

I actually heard an elderly man once reel in shock that he was taking morphine after being told that heroin is diacetylmorphine. Taking the same stuff as those junkies? No way.... he can't he got it from his doctor.

Whether you like it or not, addiction can come along at grab you whether you take your legal drugs for pain or pleasure. But obviously, those terrible junkies live such an admirable lifestyle, that everyone wants to be like them... No? What do you think keeps them there? The benefits?

And 99% of the legal drugs that are on prescription or otc, list a plethora of side effects that outweigh any positives... but no worries, high blood pressure, hallucinations, suicidal tendencies, weight gain, weight loss, dry mouth, memory loss, mood swings, impaired vision, impaired motor function, addiction, nausea, liver damage... No worries, a doctor says take it, it's all good..

But always look down and sneer on that god damned junky... he asked for it. stupid junkies... right?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

top topics

join