It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Duty that Love Demands - Servant Leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Grace is evidenced by what Christ did for us. It's never about what we do, but what has been done for us. Our own faith is evidenced by how we become the image of this grace for others. As humans, we have a sovereign free will over our choices. As Christians, our will should be that of Christ in us. Give and do not take. The will of God is always to give. Love can only give.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Grace is evidenced by what Christ did for us. It's never about what we do, but what has been done for us. Our own faith is evidenced by how we become the image of this grace for others. As humans, we have a sovereign free will over our choices. As Christians, our will should be that of Christ in us. Give and do not take. The will of God is always to give. Love can only give.

Very interesting... Im not a Christian myself, or religious in anyway.
I like the idea of Christians being giving and not taking though.

Sooo.... im a bit short on rent can i have $50.00 bucks? ill pm the acc details?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 412304

Very interesting... Im not a Christian myself, or religious in anyway.
I like the idea of Christians being giving and not taking though.

Sooo.... im a bit short on rent can i have $50.00 bucks? ill pm the acc details?

Food, clothing, shelter, money and basic needs are all things that can be provided from your own free will. These are responsibilities. The Christian is to feed, clothe, shelter, visit and give water to people so that they can do the other for themselves. Apart from mending the heart, the other concerns of life will be missing. A true Christian will teach others to suffer for reward rather than taking reward that causes suffering. Giving is the only way to heal the world.

If I gave you $50 now, you would need it again in another month. The reason you need $50 now has little to do with an actual need and more to do with the actions that came before.

The Bible has the secret to this. By feeding people this information, and living it by example, the truth of the information becomes clear. This is what is meant by feeding and clothing the sick. Visiting the poor is what a Christian does by example. What a person does with this information is up to them. Many people choose to stay in the ocean of life and drown by choice. Here's the key to making sure you never need $50 again.

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

The sequence of actions that are listed in this verse can be demonstrated to be true. The sequence can be applied and then repeated daily. Seek the character of Christ first. Figure out what it is. After this, apply it to your life and all your needs will be supplied.

Another simple verse that can be seen as a key to healing a sick life is found in 2 Chronicles. The first thing to notice is a requirement to be one of God's people. This means placing yourself in the name of Christ. The name is the character. As outlined above, the name must be applied to your own character. To do this, you must first know what Christ was all about. Giving and not taking is the simplest way to answer this.

2 Chronicles 7:14 - Words of God at the Dedication of Solomon's 1st Temple

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

1) Humble ourselves before God and see his authority in our world.

2) Pray

3) Seek his face. This involves searching and knocking on the WORD.

4) Turn from our wickedness in the land. This includes anything that takes rather than gives. If we reverse our polarity and start giving and suffering forward for others, then God will answer our requests in prayer.

How does a person turn from wickedness? A simple example is to give a lesser example, then apply this to greater cases in your life. Here is a lesser case:

If you smoke, you get cancer. Why? Taking a reward that is not earned causes a debt. Flip this to the giving side and you must first suffer to gain reward. Avoid smoking and start exercising regularly. The exercise is free, yet requires suffering. At the end of the suffering you are healthy. Reward is created by suffering.

In the end, suffering will come to everyone. The $50 you need now represents reward that was taken that caused a debt. To reverse this, simply suffer more ahead of your rent payment. Give toward your future rather than take from it.

If you follow what I outline here, this could be worth an extra $1000 or more a month for life. All I did is tell you how to do it. The quantity of what is gained is not the significance. The fact that your needs will be supplied is the point. Reward must be earned. Grace is free. Grace is what Christ does for us and never what we do for ourselves. Grace and faith lead to salvation from the struggle.

edit on 21-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Get with the Jesus program Enoch. Jesus never had to suffer for a place to stay.

Fix things correctly and make sure everyone gets their own place to stay, and let there never be any worry for any person for an entitlement to a home of their own.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Your threads always have a way of drenching my eyes and opening my heart to love.
As long as our hearts are open to love then jesus will always have a humble abode.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

GOD has entitled us all a place to stay.
He even gave all of us a choice in the matter.
I pray that in the end we all have a cool eternity.

new topics

join