It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ringing in my ears whenever someone approaches. Does anyone else experience this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
For as long as i can remember, i have always been able to know when someone is approaching. Like i can be just sitting on the couch and then suddenly i will get like a tingly sensation at the back of my head and i will hear a mixture of ringing and electricity or something in my ears and then i will get a knock at the door or my mom will open her bedroom door and walk into the room i am in and it isnt just at home, its everywhere, its like i can hear the stirring of the air or something. And my entire life this only happens to me when someone is approaching but lately this is happening to me at night when im trying to sleep and its actually kind of scary because i will be laying there with my eyes closed and i will start to feel tingly in my neck and hear the weird ringing electricity sound and i feel like something is watching me and closing in on me and then i open my eyes and there will be nobody there. And i know for sure that i wasnt sleeping, my eyes are usually only closed for about a minute when this happens and this doesnt follow a pattern either which is also weird, this doesnt happen every night. sometimes it will even happen in the day time and i will even feel a breeze as if someone just walked passed me and its weird because im indoors sometimes when i feel this weird breeze. So is there anyone else on here that experiences this?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

WOW

I have never heard of this but I'm going to stick around to see if anyone can help you out. That's very puzzling.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have always been able to "feel" a presense when someone was approaching or watching. It is just a feeling though and not ringing.

I have no clue about what could cause it. I hope someone comes by with a good explanation though!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I think you should offer the service as a body guard.
If you can sense approaching humans,
you are at an advantage.
You have been given lemons,
but look at all the lemonade you can make!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

you are at an advantage.

HAHA! thats funny and a good idea but i would not be able to really guard anyones body cuz i am so small, i wouldnt stand a chance against a real threat lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

you are at an advantage.

HAHA! thats funny and a good idea but i would not be able to really guard anyones body cuz i am so small, i wouldnt stand a chance against a real threat lol.

Just hire a couple of big guys and signal them.
After all, you have been given the tools to be your own boss.
You will love being self employed ,
no matter, how big, or small the checks are.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I use to work for a big corporation, be a big man.
I am now self employed, and what they call the little man,
I am happier.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Does it happen with everyone or just certain people?
If only certain people what are the general characteristics of those people and what do they have in common? Does this only happen at certain times and other times it is absent?
Is there any storm system near when this happens?
Do you have digital cable?
How far to the nearest cell tower?
Do you live near a military installation?
Have you had a medical procedure within the past year where you were administered general anesthetic?
What is your religious affiliation?
Have you engaged in any occult activity or research (ouija boards, ghost hunting etc)?

And finally, have you witnessed any UFO activity?
edit on 21-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Lots would laugh at how small my checks are.
But as far as happiness, I am now a big man.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I too have similar "feelings", but no buzzing.

I was just thinking about this the other night. Usually it is a pain in the rear as it does often happen when I'm trying to go to sleep and can be creepy. My best guess is that my mind is just trying to make sense of faint sounds and ends up making me think someone is there. Sort of like how the mind likes to "see" faces in random patterns, but with sound instead.

More often than not, there genuinely is someone there. Even as a child, if someone came near me while I was asleep I'd "sense" them and usually wake up. Nowadays, I "sense" family members walking around the house, and can usually rationalize why they're up and about, but occasionally there is the phantom "sense" of someone near by without purpose.

I'd like to think that it is possible to sense spirits and such, but I've learned enough to know that the imagination can be a pretty convincing trickster.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's kinda funny....I once read somewhere that the sudden onset of the ringing in the ears is a sign that a spiritual entity is near. I've literally said something like "Spirit, leave this place" many times on the onset of the ringing, and had it immediately dissipate.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You were brave enough to share your feelings, makes it hard to call you a lair.
You started yourself down the path of control over your life.
Who am I to hinder, I just want to cheer you on.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
Does it happen with everyone or just certain people? If only certain people what are the general characteristics of those people and what do they have in common? Does this only happen at certain times and other times it is absent? Is there any storm system near when this happens? Do you have digital cable? How far to the nearest cell tower? Do you live near a military installation? Have you had a medical procedure within the past year where you were administered general anesthetic?
edit on 21-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

happens with everyone, even my pets. happens every time someone is approaching. And idk theres some sort of dopplar radar, idk if that is what you are talking about. I do have digital cable but like i said this has happened my entire life and i havent always had digital cable. the nearest cell tower is probably at least 5 miles away from my house. I live somewhat near a well know military arsenal but it is like 20-30 miles away from where i live.And i have never been administered general anesthetic. im a christian. never been involved in the occult. I havent seen a ufo that i know of but i have had very strange things happen to me that does sort of seem et related.
edit on 21-6-2012 by eyesontheskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
It's kinda funny....I once read somewhere that the sudden onset of the ringing in the ears is a sign that a spiritual entity is near. I've literally said something like "Spirit, leave this place" many times on the onset of the ringing, and had it immediately dissipate.

As you get older,
some would say high blood pressure.
I would like to think someone is talking about me,
but the truth for me may just be,
my blood pressure went up.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests

Honestly in my case this would not surprise me because when i was a kid i would see shadow beings, seeing shadow people also runs in my family but as far as i know, i am the only one who gets a buzzing in my ears when there is a presence.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
As a old fart I sense and see and hear things,
out of the corner of my eyes and ears.
Wife points it out.
I saw something in this post,
I will just let you be,
for some reason I feel the OP will work it out.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Lots would laugh at how small my checks are.
But as far as happiness, I am now a big man.

Who cares about being rich anyway, its overrated. Being happy is much more enjoyable than having a lot of zeros on your paycheck and being miserable.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm with you , OP . I have felt exactly the same thing since I was a child .
I can always tell when somebody is approaching my front door , or when somebody is about to enter a room I am in . Just like you , I have occasionally had the same feelings when optically there is nobody there .

Kudos .

edit on 21-6-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hey eyesontheskies....
I cant believe what you said in your original post i have experienced this as well as long as i can remember and actually signed up to ATS today (after about a year or 2 of stalking this place
) just to answer your post...
When i was younger i thought it was just the way it was and everyone had this 'ability' but after trying to explain it to my friends in my teens and getting sideways response's and they just kind of looked at me like i was crazy so i never really brought it up again until now...
I find i also get the same effect from televisions, i know when one is on, even on mute and i don't have to be in the room or even the house know it, even just walking down the street i sense and hear neighbors televisions... its like i can sense/feel and hear electrical currents or something along those lines??
With the ears ringing in bed and feeling a presence at night that's been happening to me throughout life but in the last 6 months it has increased to nearly every night and the presence is so strong now and getting 'closer' to me it feels like it is right in your face and when i open my eyes nothings there, the intensity is not like anything Ive experienced throughout the years its quite mind blowing and kind of freaky at the same time...
The good thing is no one can sneak up on me not even animals lol but If it helps as well i have always had what i guess i call a strong 'intuition' which has helped me get out of a lot of very sketchy and dangerous situations and can also seem to pick up on what a person is like/their intentions quite easily....
Anyway im glad i read this post to know i am not alone in this crazy world

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFoxxx
Hey eyesontheskies....
I cant believe what you said in your original post i have experienced this as well as long as i can remember and actually signed up to ATS today (after about a year or 2 of stalking this place
) just to answer your post...
When i was younger i thought it was just the way it was and everyone had this 'ability' but after trying to explain it to my friends in my teens and getting sideways response's and they just kind of looked at me like i was crazy so i never really brought it up again until now...
I find i also get the same effect from televisions, i know when one is on, even on mute and i don't have to be in the room or even the house know it, even just walking down the street i sense and hear neighbors televisions... its like i can sense/feel and hear electrical currents or something along those lines??
With the ears ringing in bed and feeling a presence at night that's been happening to me throughout life but in the last 6 months it has increased to nearly every night and the presence is so strong now and getting 'closer' to me it feels like it is right in your face and when i open my eyes nothings there, the intensity is not like anything Ive experienced throughout the years its quite mind blowing and kind of freaky at the same time...
The good thing is no one can sneak up on me not even animals lol but If it helps as well i have always had what i guess i call a strong 'intuition' which has helped me get out of a lot of very sketchy and dangerous situations and can also seem to pick up on what a person is like/their intentions quite easily....
Anyway im glad i read this post to know i am not alone in this crazy world

Wow im very glad to hear this, everything you have said is also true for me. I did use to tell my parents about this, i even used to tell them about the shadow people that i saw and they just always gave me a weird look so i just stopped telling anyone about my experiences, that is part of the reason i signed up on this site because i have to figure out everything on my own. But yes i know exactly what you are talking about with television. I went to a restaurant in orlando, florida on a school trip called planet hollywood and there are screens and televisions everywhere playing music videos and the sound of electricity was so loud where i was sitting i could barely stand it but i asked my friends at the table if they heard it and they didnt, then of course i got weird looks lol. And yes with me also it seems like these happenings have really increased in the past 6 months too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join