It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help! What Is The Meaning of This Picture?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MWStargazer

If it hasn't already been said, it's a modern interpretation of a first degree, Entered Apprentice Tracing Board. Pretty imaginative and cool, I wonder if any Lodgea are using them. Those I have sat in used the older style.
edit on 21-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Google "Mark Passio" - he will explain it extremely well for you!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

If it hasn't already been said, it's a modern interpretation of a first degree, Entered Apprentice Tracing Board. Pretty imaginative and cool, I wonder if any Lodgea are using them. Those I have sat in used the older style.
edit on 21-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

Smootha is correct. The symbolism pertains to the first degree of the York Rite, not the 15th degree of the Scottish Rite.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Whatever the symbolism means, you don't have to be a mason to undergo the spiritual transformation that the symbols point to. All the tools you need are already inside you, waiting for you to grasp. You don't need to deciper all the symbols in order to do that. You can let your inner Muse give you your own set of symbols.

edit on 22-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Whatever the symbolism means, you don't have to be a mason to undergo the spiritual transformation that the symbols point to. All the tools you need are already inside you, waiting for you to grasp. You don't need to deciper all the symbols in order to do that. You can let your inner Muse give you your own set of symbols.
Indeed. Masonry is simply one way to achieve this, and because it is a more formal system, it can be easier for some to use those methods than to try to do is on their own.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MWStargazer
What do you know about the picture? Can you explain how Pinocchio is off in his explanation?
Here is a better explanation. (click through to all 4 parts, if you're really interested.)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Does anyone know the significance of this picture?
Yes, and it cant happen soon enough!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join