It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder retracts claim Bush team knew about Fast and Furious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

In a second major retraction over its version of the the gun-walking scandal, the Justice Department has retracted Attorney General Eric Holder's charge in a hearing last week that his Bush administration predecessor had been briefed on the affair.

and....

The Justice Department has retracted a second statement made to the Senate Judiciary Committee. During a hearing last week, Attorney General Eric Holder claimed that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey, had been briefed about gunwalking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now, the Department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder "inadvertently" made that claim to the Committee. The Department's letter failed to apologize to former Attorney General Mukasey for the false accusation. This is the second major retraction the Justice Department has made in the last seven months. In December 2011, the Department retracted its claim that the ATF had not allowed illegally purchased guns to be trafficked to Mexico. Sen. Chuck Grassley's letter and the Department's response can be viewed here-1.

washingtonexaminer.com...

This....added with the "Executive Privilege".....stinks to HIGH HEAVEN....

Seems pretty obvious to a casual observer like myself the current Administration was actively pursuing a scheme to affect all Americans' 2nd Amendment rights.

It ain't Bush's fault anymore folks.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Next, Holder is going to admit he didn't know anything about.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
...but, but, but, it's Bush's fault! It can't be that Obama and his band of thugs are the worst and most corrupt administration in the history of this country. No, it's easier for them to blame Bush. Next thing we know, they'll blame Bush for his layered PDF file.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Has anyone investigated the possibility that the BATF was also using this as an opportunity to better arm the Sinaloa cartel (the cartel to whom the arms were sold....)
Because they were under attack from the Zetas.....(trained by the US army, and gone rogue in Mexico) and it is the Sinaloas that are the best connected to the DEA, CIA. drug running operations.........
certainly the Sinaloas were the best connected cartel in mexico at the time, and tied into the goverment in lots of ways.....
The Zetas were fast upseeting this arrangement and becomming powerful enough to be threat to the Sinaloas.....
hence all that bribe money was going to dry up...........
Enter the BATF selling all kinds of military grade guns to the Sinaloas who walked them into mexico.....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Has anyone investigated the possibility that the BATF was also using this as an opportunity to better arm the Sinaloa cartel (the cartel to whom the arms were sold....)
Because they were under attack from the Zetas.....(trained by the US army, and gone rogue in Mexico) and it is the Sinaloas that are the best connected to the DEA, CIA. drug running operations.........
certainly the Sinaloas were the best connected cartel in mexico at the time, and tied into the goverment in lots of ways.....
The Zetas were fast upseeting this arrangement and becomming powerful enough to be threat to the Sinaloas.....
hence all that bribe money was going to dry up...........
Enter the BATF selling all kinds of military grade guns to the Sinaloas who walked them into mexico.....

You are spot on - all except for the "SELL" part - consider that they (the guns) were gifted to Sinaloa because the purchasers got their funds for their "straw purchases" at the American gun stores (in the hundreds of thousands at a time) directly from ATF/CIA

I read an article somewhere (from a highly regarded source) recently that confirms everything you are saying about the Sinaloa connection.........I'll have to dig it out. This is standard operatonal procedure for the CIA with the help of ATF of course in this instance. The article I read siad that they were killing THREE BIRDS with one stone ---- dismantling of the 2nd amendment ----- arming drug cartels (PLURAL) not just the Sinaloa cartel - and something about illegal immigrants and the total breakdown of law and order on the Mexican border.

PS there are several articles online NOW in regard to your assessment..........I THINK THIS IS THE ONE I REFERRED TO

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

ATF Death Watch 132: Operation White Gun Revealed | | The Truth ...
www.thetruthaboutguns.com/.../atf-death-watch-132-operation-white...

Jan 13, 2012 – Uncle Sam supported the former against the latter to prevent Los Zetas from ... The FBI allowed Sinaloa surrogates to bypass their NICS check system to ... In ATF reports, MacAllister wrote that U.S. intelligence showed cartel ...

EXERPT - This website has always maintained that the American gun running programs were designed to arm the Sinaloa cartel against Los Zetas. Uncle Sam supported the former against the latter to prevent Los Zetas from assuming control of the country, either by the ballot box or the imposition of a military junta.

As part of this grand strategy, the DEA laundered tens of millions of dollars for the Sinaloas (sometimes by wire, sometimes by trailer truck). Immigrations and Customs Enforcement let cash go south and drugs come north. The FBI allowed Sinaloa surrogates to bypass their NICS check system to buy guns illegally; in some cases, providing the cash to do so.

The ATF supplied the guns. Not all the guns. Mexico is awash with firearms, grenades, grenade launchers and ammunition that somehow “leaked” to the cartels via officially sanctioned sales to the Mexican (and other Latin American) military and law enforcement organizations. The cartels are also armed with weapons imported from China and Eastern Europe. But the ATF did their part to keep the Sinaloas sweet.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Was he under oath when he made those statements that were "retracted"? If so, wouldn't that make him guilty of committing perjury? I don't know if he was under oath or not, which is why I ask, but it sounds like, to me, whether he was or not, he should be asked why he seems to feel that two wrongs make a right. Because that is what it sounds like he is saying, in my opinion.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
.....then a day later WH spokesman Carney blames Bush again!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Obama on the economy: It's all Bush's fault

Obama on foreign policy: It's all Bush's fault, I've inherited this!

Obama on fast and furious: These Republicans are paranoid and think we're trying to take their guns away, it's all Bush's fault!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

That would indeed make it perjury.

All people testifying before congressional hearing are sworn in. Unless I'm totally mistaken...

top topics

join