It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackballed!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was wondering if any Freemasons (or anyone else in a fraternal society for that matter) have used the black ball to deny a potential member, or witnessed a vote with a black ball (cast by someone else)?

If you've cast the black ball, what, generally, was your reason or justification for blackballing a candidate?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Haha looks like they're avoiding this question....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Yes...not yet 20 minutes has elapsed. That hardly qualifies as avoiding the question.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
I was wondering if any Freemasons (or anyone else in a fraternal society for that matter) have used the black ball to deny a potential member, or witnessed a vote with a black ball (cast by someone else)?

If you've cast the black ball, what, generally, was your reason or justification for blackballing a candidate?

I've witnessed it, never cast one personally. Have seen it occur several times in my blue lodge, once or twice in Scottish Rite.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The only ones who move up are the ones that are corruptible. Being black balled by the slave masons means you are one of the good guys.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A lot of thought goes into making such a decision.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
Being black balled by the slave masons means you are one of the good guys.

No, it generally means you are a criminal, wife-beater, or a habitual drunk.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Being black balled by the slave masons means you are one of the good guys.

No, it generally means you are a criminal, wife-beater, or a habitual drunk.

Yes. You guys require smarter criminals that can look smooth while lying to their fellow masons in congress.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes. You guys require smarter criminals that can look smooth while lying to their fellow masons in congress.

And who might that be?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My step brother was a mason for awhile, but while he never saw the blackball in action, he was/is an habitual drunk and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he's no longer a mason.

they shouldn't have had a bar in the lodge.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The only ones who move up are the ones that are corruptible. Being black balled by the slave masons means you are one of the good guys.

I've only seen 2 people "black balled" .. one a self professed white supremacist and the other with a shady past involving children. Yeah. The good guys.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm not a Mason, but I have never seen a Mason who was a kook or bad person. The ones I've met are very stand up members of the community and do a lot. I admire them, and think they're just fine.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I wonder of they Backball the Jesters who were bringing hookers to the Shrine lodges" book of plays"
I heard thats what that whole end of the organisation was about.....the Jesters brought the "entertainment" to the gala......
Meanwhile running hiigh stakes poker games in the back rooms.....or going on foriegn underage hooker tours in central american countries.....ostensibly fishing charters......
I guess that deputy that drove the babes to the convention in Canada may get blackballed too..........
The whole idea of secret meetings and secret doings is repugnant to us americans ......

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

And who might that be?

To begin with, all Mormons serving in congress, as Mormonism is a cheap knockoff of freemasonry. Then there are those who are open about it and a google search can reveal them. Add to that those who at an early age became associated with Masonic organizations such as DeMolay Society and even the Boy Scouts. These organizations “scout” out those with “potential” to serve the filth behind the curtains that cloak the Babylonian truth of freemasonry. Demolay was burned at the stake for homosexuality and Robert Baden Powell who founded the scouts was a pedophile. The sick freak, Elton John, from time to time will tip his hat to Powell by wearing a scout uniform. The Order of the Arrow of the scouts is a Masonic culling tool that uses black balling too. Only those who can be corrupted move up. Many member of congress and many presidents have had associations with these and other groups. Obama, Bush, Clinton, Eric holder they all have ties to Masonic secret societies and everyone denies denies denies. It all ties into the same Babylonian lie. Just admit that you love satan.
Many of us can clearly see the real reason why investigations go nowhere. Why people of bad character who get caught red handed have their slate washed clean by those who are supposed to be in the “opposition”. We can see supposed avowed enemies rubbing elbows like old pals. We know what it means. We have read their biographical information and we can put together their common ties. Stop with the obfuscation.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Not true.

At all.

Sir Elton wears the scout uniform to protest their homophobic practices.

The Scouts are actually funded mostly by the Mormons, and I'd like to see any tie between Masonry and Mormonism.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
When someone petitions the lodge to join, an investigation committee is formed to meet the candidate, get to know him, ask him questions, if he's married, talk with his wife and make sure she's ok with him joining, etc.

I'd say 95% of the time, the committee returns a full and favorable report, that gets read to the lodge, then the lodge votes to accept that petition.

The only time I've personally witnessed someone being blackballed, all three of the committee members investigating that candidate returned unfavorable reports. If they found something in talking to the guy that made them think he wouldn't be a good addition to our lodge, I trust their judgement, and will vote no based on their lack of recommendation.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zhenyghi

The ballot is enviably secret so no one knows exactly who is blackballing a potential member. At least in my jurisdiction, no one has to justify their choice and to do divulge your vote would subject somebody to expulsion. Any way I vote I vote according to my gut feeling and my observations.
edit on 21-6-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Eric holder they all have ties to Masonic secret societies

Provide some form of proof. Should be easy if you know all about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So a good guy has a record or has vicious, licentious habits?

The more people like you open your mouth the more it makes me feel better about the company I keep.

reply to post by stirling

I'd take you more seriously if you could write a proper sentence. I'd also take you more serious if you could apply the proper Masonic terminology.

This country was founded upon secrecy...and some of our Founders were Masons.

Can you (not Google) even name those Congressional officials who are followers of the Mormon faith? Just because it is listed on Google doesn't make it right.

Also note that the Boy Scouts is not a Masonic organization. I was only in the Boy Scouts for a few years until I got fed up with the inept leadership in my area. I wasn't a DeMolay or anything tied to Freemasonry until I joined the Craft 6-years ago.

Actually DeMolay was burned at the stake by the French Crown for recanting their torture borne confession. You should actually read up on the whole story as the charges filed against the Templars by the French King were the same ones that the despotic king filed against a previous Pope. The Death of Jacques DeMolay.

What is your proof that Powell was a pedophile?

Please list what Lodges our politicians belong to. I'll wait. I'm not sure about Holder, but I do know that Obama, Bush (both Sr. & Jr.), and Clinton were never Masons. We deny because we deny ignorance.
edit on 21-6-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

The only time I've personally witnessed someone being blackballed, all three of the committee members investigating that candidate returned unfavorable reports. If they found something in talking to the guy that made them think he wouldn't be a good addition to our lodge, I trust their judgement, and will vote no based on their lack of recommendation.

It works differently here. Before the matter ever goes to vote, the secretary has to read out a declaration by the WM that he has made due inquiry into the character of the candidate, and finds him to be a fit and proper person to be made a Mason. If the WM hasn't signed the declaration, the matter never goes to vote.

This has happened twice in my Lodge since I have been there (both times the secretary simply informed the candidate that his application was unsuccessful after the interview), but I have never seen a candidate for Freemasonry blackballed.

I have once seen a candidate blackballed in an additional order, but simply because the one of the Masons had had a business fall-out with the applicant (one black ball excludes in this order). This is worse in a way, because with the additional orders, the voting is usually done on the night of the working, and the candidate is waiting outside. This leads to terrible embarrasment and a very uncomfortable feeling between the brethren, especially with the proposer and those who know the candidate being present. I hope I don't ever have to witness it again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join