It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor grounds planes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
Here is an article with an actual witness. I have never heard of "silvery" meteors, I hope they can get more witnesses accounts.

Have you ever heard of "bronze" or "copper" meteor? I've seen a few like that. Also seen "silvery" as well as many other colours.

Did you know that the colors in a meteor are heavily influenced by it's speed, as well as the mixture of atmospheric gas at a particular altitude, and to some degree it may occasionally be influenced by the composition of the meteoroid itself?

I find meteors fascinating!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

I agree meteors are often misidentified by the public. What is different about this story is that six planes were actually grounded because of it, this is unheard of. I don't necessarily think it was a meteor, it sounds more like some type of "space junk" and if that is the case then the public needs to know. It has to land somewhere, and I wouldn't want it landing in my living room.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Definitely an alien battle happening above there.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hunt4game

I haven't actually seen any witness reports of the meteor, so I'm not sure if it was natural or man-made.

I don't think it matters much either way - junk "burns up" in the atmosphere all the time, and only occasionally makes it down to the ground. Those few that do, are usually known about well in advance. Most larger bits of junk in orbit are tracked.

Even when they do come down, most will end up in the sea, and those that miss the sea are unlikely to cause any significant property damage. The scrap value alone would probably cover any property that was damaged - the harder parts of junk that are more likely to survive are usually made of valuable metals like titanium. Of course, that's assuming you are allowed to keep the junk.

If the meteor was caused by junk reentering, chances are it was relatively small, and would have "burned up"completely. Even quite small junk will create an impressive meteor/fireball.

So I'm not quite sure what you could tell the public, that they couldn't already find out for themselves?

I do think the public should be better educated about satellites, meteors and basic astronomy in general though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join