It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor grounds planes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Since when do possible meteors ground planes? Maybe they were something else?

foxnews

I didnt see this posted yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I do not understand why they would tell the public this. It would seem that they would like to keep things like this secret in order to cause less panic. Maybe their was another motive behind landing the planes .

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well.. if there was a high level fireball that was observed to streak over head and break up, then that could prompt air operations commanders to hold up for a bit. Seems a bit stretched though.

The idea that a rain of stones could come down and hit anything except the ground is well, almost groundless.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The article states that two commercial airlines in Kansas saw what they thought was a meteor about the same time as the Colorado sighting, they shouldn't be witnessing the same thing. So they would have to be multiple objects.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Here is the full report from the AP, it states that there was also a sighting in NM.

AP

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
Here is the full report from the AP, it states that there was also a sighting in NM.

AP

Nice catch OP. I wonder why they would ground planes when a meteor is usually gone in a matter of seconds.

This is my theory. In Colorado their are many known and secret bases. They were probably doing something top secret, maybe something with ET's near the fire area and didn't want civilian eyes witnessing it.

Maybe it was the weekly Majic meeting.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe it was a couple of die glockes. Seems that no one ever figured out how to fly one

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They probably grounded the plane for precautionary reasons. It would be such a waste of tax payers dollars if by some chance it did get knocked down by a meteor

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A meteor is such a transient event that by the time it is reported it is typically no longer a threat. This seems part of the UFO disinfo campaign. And to the other poster who said that the same object could not be seen in both Kansas and an Colorado, yes it could. Depending upon the angle of entry it could be seen across thousands of miles and seeing how it is traveling minimum ~10 Kps it could cross that distance in a few minutes. This fact makes me contradict my earlier statement...a few minutes would give headsup time to warn folks downrange of incoming rock.

Story still does not make sense though.

After reading the story again it occurs to me that this incident could be tard related.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

HERE is a report from Mercury News in Silicon Valley

There was also one report of a meteor actually crashing into the wooded area, but the police did not confirm that report. Other sky sightings were reported in Raton, N.M. Ian Gregor, a spokesman with the Federal Aviation Administration, said he had no such reports. He also said there were no reported disruptions to commercial airline traffic.

Although there were 4 aircraft's that were told to stay on the ground as a precaution.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Seems strange that the pilots grounded themselves until they figured out what it was. Your standard meteor streaking across the sky would be easily identified by the pilots and the incident would be over very quickly. So, the fact that they didn't know what it was maked it sound like something other than a meteor. Pilots grounding themselves sounds like this was something either too close by to be your average meteor or it was a UFO and they are choosing to call it a meteor.

Anyway, the part about it landing in the woods kind of reminds me of Orson Welles's radio broadcast.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
nope, nope...that area and to the west are ufo hotspots,
there was one posted here on ats a year ago.....viewed from ....oh, what's that town .....Salida.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Crazy stuff... I'm ticked that I didn't see it since it happened in my neck of the woods. I always keep an eye towards the sky when outside, but today I took lunch just 10 minutes too late. Grrrr...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Apparently, this was fire fighting planes which were grounded briefly. Certainly a first that I've heard planes being grounded because of meteors. I wouldn't discount ball lightning or fireballs here either:

edit on 20-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That seems really strange to me. If a pilot sees a meteor or two, are they typically considered to be a threat to the aircraft? I've seen several shooting stars in my life, but I've never been afraid that one of them is going to hit me. To ground six planes, must've been some meteor(s).

I notice they don't give a single detail about the pilots' and other witnesses' descriptions about what they saw, other than to say it "might" have been a meteor.

Odd.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Since most meteors burn up long before they would interfere with commercial flights , my spider sense is tingling about this .

Here is my info source .

earthsky.org...

Very interesting indeed.

S+F

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

(AP) -- Authorities grounded firefighting aircraft battling an out-of-control blaze scorching central Colorado on Wednesday, reacting with caution to witness reports of meteor sightings.

The temporary move came amid several reported sky sightings near the fire burning 1,100 acres, or nearly 2 square miles, west of Colorado Springs.

Chaffee County Sheriff W. Peter Palmer said his office received multiple reports, including one person who thought a meteorite might have landed in a wooded area north of Buena Vista. Palmer said officials could not confirm that report.

Meanwhile, the crew of a heavy air tanker spotted something while making a slurry run on the blaze, said Steve Segin, a spokesman for the U.S. Forest Service.

"They weren't sure what it was," Segin said, confirming the report of a possible meteor shower.

More - hosted.ap.org...

Hmm...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
bit crazy but could of been anything
but it is strange there is still nothing confirmed on the meteor front

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
must be ufo

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by badman6

why is that?
got anything to back that up?
links?
evidence?
anything more the 3 words never mind one line?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join