It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life and Death Theory 23

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have experienced death a lot in my life.

I watched my father die in 2010, my friend in a car crash soon after, and a few other incident I do not wish to discuss. I have had many debates with my very religious family members to discussions with my anti-religious boyfriend. I have read many books, including the bible, articles and watched more movies and documentaries than I'd care to mention. But from all of this, I have come up with my own personal theory of life and death. This will include what happens if you commit suicide. It's very simple but very effective when it comes to provoking thought.

Our souls are all born of light, we come from the stars. Our bodies however are not, they come from this earth and soil. There is some great force that surrounds us (yes much like the one described in Star Wars) and fills us with light. Some use it for good, some for evil. And most are unaware all together.

We are to live this life to the fullest. We are to help one another and be guiding lights in the darkest of times. Those who refuse to hear the calling, are simply reborn into the next life with hopes that they will answer it in their new forms.

There are two types of souls those being old and that of a newborn, here with no knowledge of what is and whats once was. The Old souls are more likely to be obvious, they will talk of things they have yet to learn (in their current form) as if they have known it forever, and in most cases it is because they have. Some of these Old souls are rewarded with a life of happiness and simplicity because they were warriors or fought for something in their previous life, others are prepped for their next journey. The Old souls are less likely to question life and complain about their existence because they know, from their previous, that they are here for a reason. Note that these Old souls may be unaware of what they are, but subconsciously they know, and they always have.

The New Souls are very much like children, they complain, they whine and that pout. No matter what age. They also have an eye for splendor. They look at things in such a beautiful way, always find new things about something old. As opposed to the Old souls that seem to just walk though life not always taking notice of the beauty around them because they've witnessed it before. These New souls often face most hardship in the later part of their lives so they are able to handle it the best way possible. If a New soul is faced with a difficult decision they may run from it or ignore it all together. Some will even end their current lives to try and get away from it. This will not help.

If one tries to end their life early, they are sent right back into that body. They are to relive that life and face that same hardship with hopes that they won't abandon ship the second time around. It's along the lines of a soul like Groundhogs Day, if you will. You are forced to deal with it. If not as a New soul, as an Old soul that has lived that one life many times before and will continue to live it until the issue is faced.

It is easier for Old souls to succumb to the use of drugs or alcohol than a New soul. An old soul knows that they cannot quit, so they will take up vices. This is fine, as long as they don't kill you. If they do, you will have to do it over again as previously stated. The New souls are less likely to find solace in vices, and more likely to find it in another person, most times an Old soul. But if a New soul finds peace in another New, they are most likely going to be opposites.

If an Old soul falls for New soul, they will have to work out the child like qualms of the New soul before they can really set any kind of life into motion. The New souls are often attracted to Old souls because of the knowledge they seem to have is the knowledge that, as a New soul, they want.

Once an Old soul has done what it needs to, when it is done with this place that we call home. They will not be reborn into another body, but as something I cannot describe. I can only call it Light. Since I have not experienced this fully yet, I cannot know for sure. But I can tell you that it is given to all souls.

There it is. My personal Life and Death Theory. It may sound crazy to anyone and everyone else, but I know it gets me though my life. I have had to be the light in the darkest of times. I know my place here and my role. I hope this can help someone else, maybe answer some questions and unearth new ones.

If you took the time to read this, thank you. I have put my heart and my Old soul into this. I wish I could tell you more, but this is all I know for now. When I find out new leads or info I will post it. Even if no one is looking. I need this written down somewhere for other eyes to gaze upon, or over. I'm doing this for me. For this soul.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CHIEF23

Doesn't sound crazy to me at all. Much of what you have presented I believe as well. And some of what you have shared I know from experience.

That probably does sound crazy.

edit on 20-6-2012 by luminosity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by luminosity

Thank you! It's nice to hear from an Old soul once and a while! It's nice to also see that I'm doing something right here!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Beautiful post!

=)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
S&F for the awesome thread. This is THE most important subject in life and also the most controversial which is why I am always glad to see a thread like this. Suicide is now so prevalent that in some countries, 2 farmers per hour are taking their lives because of what the government is forcing them to do. These are some of the best videos on the subject I have seen:

Tamara Laroux was broken and aimless and thought her only option was to put a gun to her heart. Tamara attempted suicide by shooting herself in the chest. She died and came back to life. She believes she experienced the afterlife between the time she was bleeding out and when she recovered.

I was convinced there was no way to live a completely happy life. If I couldn’t live happy, I didn’t want to live at all.

I believed the only answer for me was to end my life. I began screaming out to God, “God, forgive me.” The gun went off. My lungs began to fill up with blood. I began to go deaf. My eyes were open, and I became blinded. I knew that death was gripping my soul. Then all of a sudden I felt my soul leave my body. I instantly began falling and falling.

At that moment I knew I was no longer in control of my destiny. I ended up in a place that was complete torment. My body was burning. I no longer was lonely. I was no longer depressed. I became depression. I became loneliness. I became a tormented being of fear. I saw all of these other people and everybody was screaming out in pain. The mutual thing that everyone shared there was their desire to scream out to everybody on earth, “Do not come here. Acknowledge that life is about Jesus Christ.”

Eternity is real. Hell is real. Heaven is real. How you live your life will determine where you go. Everybody cried out that their loved ones would hear the truth.

I saw the hand of God literally come down. I knew that He was coming for me. His hand picked me up, and instantaneously I was no longer a being of tormented sin. I now was being cleansed. God took me over the Heavens.Source

Dr. George Rodonaia was a Soviet dissident who was assassinated by the KGB and spent three days in a morgue freezer:

"Dr. Rodonaia was killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, taken to the morgue for three days and returned to life during his own autopsy. Dr. Rodonaia was a psychiatric researcher who worked for the KGB and later became a dissident. He was a scientist trained in historical materialism and did not believe in God."

"George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Prior to his NDE he worked as a neuropathologist. He was also an avowed atheist. LINK

The pain will be severe...

“Tell her that if she decides to go through with the taking of her life, there are eternal consequences that she will have to deal with for the rest of her eternal life. The PAIN that she will cause her daughter and immediate family members will be severe and permanent!

" Do you want to spend the rest of your eternal life in hell and have to deal with all the PAIN that is in hell in addition to knowing the pain that your daughter will have while she is in heaven – the pain of being eternally separated from you forever?

Do you want to roll the dice and take your chances that this will not happen – knowing full well that one of the 10 commandments is “thou shall not murder” – including yourself?

Read full article

One life touches many. It's a fundamental truth whether it's for good or evil.

"Man thinks they are each alone in this world. It is not true. You are all connected. One act can one day affect all." "Lady in the Water":

"Angie Fenimore, a wife and mother haunted by abuse in childhood and overwhelmed by despair, was in a desperate state of mind. On January 8, 1991, she committed suicide, hoping to escape her sense of emptiness and suffering. But clinical death didn't draw her to the light seen in so many near-death experiences."

"Then I heard a voice of awesome power, not loud but crashing over me like a booming wave of sound; a voice that encompassed such ferocious anger that with one word it could destroy the universe, and that also encompassed such potent and unwavering love that, like the sun, it could coax life from the earth. I cowered at its force and at its excruciating words:

"Is this what you really want? Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

I could feel his anger and frustration, both because I'd thrown in the towel and because I had cut myself off from him and from his guidance.

And I'd felt trapped. I had been able to see no other choice but to die before I could do any more damage in life.

So I answered: "But my life is so hard."

My thoughts were communicated so fast that they weren't even completed before I absorbed his response:

"You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life."

When the Father spoke, each of his words exploded into a complex of meanings, like fireworks, tiny balls of light that erupted into a billion bits of information, filling me with streams of vivid truth and pure understanding."

edit on 20-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHIEF23

Our souls are all born of light, we come from the stars. Our bodies however are not, they come from this earth and soil.

No, no. Our bodies come from the stars. Well, the part made of carbon.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

oh man oh man..

the typical religious fear mongering..

so why did god gave that woman another chance and others no..

so unfair god u got their

your religion is only based on fear..to make you fear the afterlife... mind control at its prime

-----------------------------------------------------------

many of us have now opened their eyes dude..

we know that there are trillions of other earths...and there were no trillion jesus crusifying themselves in every planet...you story telling doesnt tally with what there is out there....your story is now expired

open your eyes..cant you see that once we have techonology available to record events..all the miracles...all the manifestations

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Thank you! All I wanted to do was to share my thoughts on life and death. There is so much beauty I find in it, I'm glad to see that I represented it well enough for others to also see it! So I say again, thank you so much my friend!

reply to post by Murgatroid

I do want to thank you for taking the time to make such a well put together post, but my ideas are not solely based around suicide. I just wanted to address it in my opening statement because I've read a lot of theories and ideas about life and death and none of them address the subject of suicide. I've never tried, nor will I, but I've had to patch up slit wrists before and it's not pretty. I don't see how any of my original post has any kind of religious moral, in fact I see the opposite. I don't have much to say about religion other than that it's just another theory that just so happens to be very wide spread. But thank you.

reply to post by jiggerj

Good catch. I see how scientific your response is, but if we want to get extremely technical, this entire planet is made up of bit and pieces from the star and beyond. The Earth itself is once giant mound of stardust and celestial pieces. Our bodies come from other bodies, and are made of living pieces of egg and sperm.

So in the end, I stand by my statement of our bodies being created on this world. (Which is a better way of putting it.)

reply to post by heineken

Thanks for the input. This is not a religious thread, and honestly I'd like to keep it that way.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what has to be mans greatest mystery of all time. I really enjoyed reading it

I fall into heineken's way of thinking so hopefully and with no disrespect intended to those doing the God thing, I hope you are wrong since I hope to leave this world behind when I take that next step to the other side, however it may come

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Interesting ideas. I can dig most of it.

Not sure which category I'd fall into, since I seem to take some traits from both........maybe I'm just a middle-aged soul.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Candycab

Thank you so much, I think whatever happens next will be extraordinary, no matter the case.

Cheers!

reply to post by MisterFister103

Hahaha, I like that! I was trying to figure that out myself, there is a middle ground somewhere in there, but I've yet to figure it out. I'm working hard on a good name for them, maybe middle-aged is a good one to stick with

Thanks for reading!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is there any testable evidence to this whole new soul/old soul idea? Any logical reasoning to how it may fit into the framework of the current knowable universe and law of physics?

Oh it can't be proved or disproved? Ah yes I heard someone say that before once I think

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Very interesting thread
Starred & flagged. I really enjoyed reading that. I haven't seen you around here much, but I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

Originally posted by Okandetre
Is there any testable evidence to this whole new soul/old soul idea? Any logical reasoning to how it may fit into the framework of the current knowable universe and law of physics?

Oh it can't be proved or disproved? Ah yes I heard someone say that before once I think

Oh boy, here we go...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sometimes I have a short attention span. Right now I have 12+ tabs open of all different ATS threads. Basically I open all that have a catchy title or something that interests me. I then tab through them and read the shortest/least interesting to me threads and close the tab if it's not interesting to me to spend time on. Yours was lengthy (for me, embarrassed to admit) but held my attention to the end! It was wonderfully worded, easy to read and very informative and thought provoking.

Like another poster stated, maybe I'm a middle aged soul too. I have the traits, as you described, of a new soul, but the tendency to addictions like you said about old souls. I know that's very simplified, but I have heard of the old soul/new soul thing and I never really knew where I fit in.

I also like what you said about being a guiding light for others. That resonates strongly with me. I try to be that, but I feel that my own issues cause me to fail at it a lot.

Anyway, good read and thank you for taking the time to post it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I find your theory quite comforting frankly. You don't have the inherent guilt for choices that didn't work out that most religions do. Let's just give this thing another shot until we get it.
I enjoyed reading.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

I can't say if there any of this has testable evidence, to be honest. This is just something that I've come to plant my feet firmly in, this theory makes me comfortable and able to deal with my mishaps and moral problems. I know that I am an old soul, I know that because of my thought process and my way of thinking as well the fact that I just turned 21 yesterday and feel like I turned 80. This is not just because what I've been through, seen or done but because I know that this is an old soul in a new shell. I know I've fought battles in my past lives because that strength shines into this life as well. You're welcome to ask me more questions about my thoughts on it, but as far as I am aware this is not another one like it. I will answer them to my full and best extent.

So in the end it is simply a theory that I've come to know as my truth and reality. I just hope that this can comfort others the way it has me. That's all I wanted to do here.

Thanks for taking notice

reply to post by Xaphan

Thanks! I just joined, I've known about ATS for a while but only just joined a few days ago and I'm enjoying every moment of it. It's nice to be able to share my thoughts and theories with others, especially if it can bring the peace and solace that it has brought to me! Thanks for reading!!

reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Oh Ellie, don't be embarrassed by that fact! I too have the same problem, that's why I tried to come up with a simple yet enticing title and sum it up as much as possible in a opening statement. I know how hard it is to keep your attention on one thing, especially if you're reading something online! Universe knows, I fall into looking at Socially Awkward Penguin more than I probably should, hahaa

So I'm happy to see that I could make you think and keep your attention. The theory is still a work in progress, but I needed to see if the work was worth it, so I decided to post what I have so far. To be honest, it seems like I'm doing something right, I looove that so many people have said that they are comforted by this, because I just try to bring as much light I can to the world as possible, even if it is just one post at a time
Thank you, so very much, for sticking with me to the end!

reply to post by howmuch4another

Awesome! I couldn't possibly tell you how much it means to me that so many people who have taken the time to read the original post.

I wanted nothing more than people to read this and find comfort and peace in it. That is what it has given me, so that's all I wanted to do for others. I just personally think that "hell" is really just the world and we have to champ it out, no matter what is thrown at us. It only seemed right to me that if you quit out you'd have to do it again, because it would be a pretty unfair thing to just send people to a place of darkness because they had a moment of weakness. Thank you so much for reading!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CHIEF23

It's a cool theory
One that I have admittedly considered myself. I was a teenager when I lost my father and I think because of that, I tend to dwell on the subject a little more than the normal person would.

I believe that there is SOMETHING after we die...that this isn't the end at all. I just don't know what that something is.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

I'm glad to see that there are other people out there that can relate to this and have thought of it before. I was 19 when my dad died, so I know what you're talking about. It's a heavy thing to weigh on someone, no matter the age, I just believe that it's thought about more when you're around it at a younger age, it would be hard not to.

I too believe that there is more after this, I feel like our souls go on an endless journey throughout the cosmos, as odd as it may sound. I also think that there is a place for weary and tired souls. It would be hard to make it through this life if I honestly thought that it was all I was going to get. I think we need that kind of hope to thrive.

There is a so much we don't know in this life, but our questions will be answered in time. We just need to be patient and light hearted, because a heavy heart will weigh you down and you won't be able to continue to move along your path. Thank you, a thousand times over.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CHIEF23

This makes a lot of sense when you look at Hinduism and yogic philosophy. Basically, Hindu theory is - an 'old' soul will eventually move on to a higher level of consciousness once they have balanced our their karma. Until then, they will continue to be reincarnated into a new body, and continuously be reincarnated into human bodies until they have become 'wise' enough to move up onto a more purer level of conscious.
I believe this is where guardian angels come from, and maybe they have to complete another process to move onto a higher conscious level.
So, us old souls should work at trying to be as loving and compassionate as possible, and selflessly teach and help others and always GIVE without expecting anything in return. There is a lot more to balancing out your karma, and yoga is an amazing life path everyone should look into for this enlightenment. (I'm not referring to exercise yoga).
Hopefully, we will be able to transform into higher beings!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by universechild
reply to post by CHIEF23

This makes a lot of sense when you look at Hinduism and yogic philosophy. Basically, Hindu theory is - an 'old' soul will eventually move on to a higher level of consciousness once they have balanced our their karma. Until then, they will continue to be reincarnated into a new body, and continuously be reincarnated into human bodies until they have become 'wise' enough to move up onto a more purer level of conscious.
I believe this is where guardian angels come from, and maybe they have to complete another process to move onto a higher conscious level.
So, us old souls should work at trying to be as loving and compassionate as possible, and selflessly teach and help others and always GIVE without expecting anything in return. There is a lot more to balancing out your karma, and yoga is an amazing life path everyone should look into for this enlightenment. (I'm not referring to exercise yoga).
Hopefully, we will be able to transform into higher beings!

Thank you for reading! I will looking into Hinduism and yogic philosophy. I've taken a lot of different things I could believe in and all the things I actually do, and this is the first and last thing I've thought of in full. The pieces fit together in my cosmic puzzle, and it works for me! Better than anything ever has. It keeps me going. It makes me so happy to know that people are getting joy and peace out of reading this, for that's truly a gift to me.

top topics

join