It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Skewers Fox News For Using Edited Obama Video To Criticize Immigration Policy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Jon Stewart and the left tell the truth?

That is laughable so answer me this.

Who held the Potus,Senate,and the house from 2006-2010?

That would be the left and Obama and those chose to pursue other things that were "more important".

IF people can't see Stewart for the shill he is and Obama the shill he is then that is just sad just the like LGBT, just like the students, and now the "hispanics" the man has no honor, and all he is about is pandering for votes.

It is an election year.

So what the hell did Fox lie about?

edit on 20-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Did you forget that Obama didn't get elected until 2008. Your buddy Bush was still in office in 06.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Some how,
Deny Ignorance,
watch Jon Stewart,
does not seem right,
on this web site!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow looked at your thread count...54 and the bulk of them and I do mean the bulk attempting to point out failures of the GOP...you sound like person who can look at both sides objectively...and you want to discuss the fox or their agenda? What a waste of a thread

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
so, when did POTUS gain the authority to selectively enforce the laws of his choosing ??
guess that isn't as important as who is spreading the story in the first place, right?

regardless who aired it, Obama said it and that should make a difference to some but alas it falls upon deaf ears ... lalalalalala we didn't hear any such thing.

oh well, carry on with your pundit bashing while the illegal immigrants steal even more of your daily resources, attention, focus and futures.
i'm sure there will be a new pundit to argue about next term.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Just because someone disagrees with one president it does not make the former president anyones buddy...that's that problem with some people on here you blindly support a person and when questioned about something you justify the wrong doing of one president because of the poor performance of a past president...guess some peopel never heard that two wrongs don't make a right...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

That would be the left and Obama and those chose to pursue other things that were "more important".

IF people can't see Stewart for the shill he is and Obama the shill he is then that is just sad just the like LGBT, just like the students, and now the "hispanics" the man has no honor, and all he is about is pandering for votes.

It is an election year.

Did you forget that Obama didn't get elected until 2008. Your buddy Bush was still in office in 06.

4 years to introduce legislation for get the ball rolling for immigration and yet they dd nothing that is how long the left has been in charge of congress after all they are the ones who write the laws.

Does not change the fact for 2 years 730 days Obama and the left did nothing for amnesty

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
FOX News is an enemy to the American people and really the world. They are so far beyond any other news station when it comes to blatant lies, propaganda and manipulation. FOX helped bring all of mainstream media a few notches lower, but has maintained supremacy in being the absolute worst.

Look up something called the FOX Effect, shortly after 9/11... while other stations were maintaining a more neutral bias, FOX went all red, white & blue, pro-nationalism, accusing anyone who disagreed with the war as being Anti-American. Other networks watched in horror and awe as FOX took the ratings. It was a concerning time for TV journalism, and there were fears at the time what FOX's success would have on other mainstream news outlets.

Look at MSNBC and you can see the effect. All mainstream is nearly worthless now... but FOX is like the shameless propaganda machine juggernaut of them all.... and their followers are known to be less informed than people who don't watch any news at all!

There can never be enough discussion about how FOX News lies.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
so, when did POTUS gain the authority to selectively enforce the laws of his choosing ??
guess that isn't as important as who is spreading the story in the first place, right?

regardless who aired it, Obama said it and that should make a difference to some but alas it falls upon deaf ears ... lalalalalala we didn't hear any such thing.

oh well, carry on with your pundit bashing while the illegal immigrants steal even more of your daily resources, attention, focus and futures.
i'm sure there will be a new pundit to argue about next term.

See here, Honor and I have gone toe to toe over things but they are bringing up a good point.
Article II, Section 3 states that the President will "...take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed..."

Knowingly skirting the law isn't faithful nor taking care. Like it, love it, or hate it -- the president is sidestepping his duties as enumerated within the United States Constitution.

Post Script:
To stave off and answer before it is asked: I wasn't a member here on ATS to complain about President Bush -- cause I can guarantee you I would have been. President Obama knows that there is current law in place, enacted by Congress (per Article I, Section 8) that deals with the naturalization of citizens. I agree wholly that Congress and the President (of past and present) have been wholly inadequate and ineffective of passing real reform regarding this issue. But this doesn't take away from a president utilizing Executive powers they don't hold and knowingly telling departments under his branch of government to ignore selectively the laws of the land.
edit on 20-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

hats off to ya
and thanks for accentuating what should be the point here.
I, not we or they, would truly appreciate it, if just once, Obama would adhere to the principles he was 'elected' to uphold.

Yes, OBE, we have disagreed along the way, but that is a good thing i hope.
perhaps we both enjoy discussing whatever topic, even when we disagree ?
it does make for a more lively conversation

edit on 20-6-2012 by Honor93 because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

The notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things is just not true. What we can do is to prioritize enforcement — since there are limited enforcement resources — and say, we’re not going to go chasing after this young man or anybody else who has been acting responsibly, and would otherwise qualify for legal status if the DREAM Act passed.

So does that now mean he can divert more resources to help Gov. Brewer in Arizona now??? I'll hold my breath waiting for that..........

Let's see if the President will actually do what he says he will. Nah.... his Justice department has a reelection to rig, I mean monitor, and his A.G. is taking on water.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It is an election year.

If you had taken the time to view the video, you might have noticed the news article contained within it from December 19, 2010 where it was reported that the Dream Act was voted down in the Senate with a vote of 55 in favor and 41 opposed. Go Figure!

The real problem is that under the new GOP/TP obstructionist principles, a simple majority no longer rules the day. It now takes 60 votes in the Senate in order to get anything passed which effectively means that the Democrats did not control the Senate which is key to getting any legislation passed.

Your facts are as distorted as those of Fox News, so I guess it's no wonder you defend them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
The real problem is that under the new GOP/TP obstructionist principles, a simple majority no longer rules the day. It now takes 60 votes in the Senate in order to get anything passed which effectively means that the Democrats did not control the Senate which is key to getting any legislation passed.

So the Country should sway under a "simple" majority? Nothing should be debated, held-back, questioned or vetted? Just pass it through! Its for the good of the country because "you know its the right thing to do...."

I would rather have a lame duck administration (regardless of the silly letter behind their name) than an administration that has near carte blanche in their endeavors.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Of course Fox News are scumbags and cherry pick video footage, as does all of the corporate owned mainstream media.

Having said that there is another thing here I find interesting. Stewart says before he shows the final clip that it would be damning for and pie in the face to have caught Obama saying he wouldn't do something on tape and then actually doing it.

Now just a day later Obama uses executive privilege to hide information, something he criticized Bush for doing in 07 and said he wouldn't do, on tape (and no, not cherry picked). Will The Daily Show report on this real issue, or are they more interested in pointing out the obvious, that Fox news sucks?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Added to my signature for racism and bigotry against the LGBT community

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

You missed his point. President Obama has been making moves and offering "hand-outs" to those groups. The ill-timed gay marriage "slip" by Vice President Biden, pushing for a student loan bill and now this. I didn't see it as racist or bigoted. I thought that his use of LGBT was the correct term and respectful as opposed to saying "gay" or "homo" or some other term.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Then he can never hate on political gaffes ever.

Had been a politician he would have just destroyed his own reputation.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Really?

Obama pandering and they throw the race card?

Always with the race card bad as those who think Stewart "reports the news".

People hate Fox so much and the never watch it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't watch television news programs. I still know how to read. I don't like having my news shouted at me by someone who probably sits on a stack of phone books.

EDIT: I also never said I watched John Stewart, now did I?
edit on 6/20/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

I don't watch television news programs. I still know how to read. I don't like having my news shouted at me by someone who probably sits on a stack of phone books.

EDIT: I also never said I watched John Stewart, now did I?
edit on 6/20/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

Tell you what that signature now is just as bad as Fox News and Stewart taking something someone says out of context.

Just as bad as someone standing on a stack of phone books.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join