It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist creates lifelike cells out of metal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I wonder if someone with a more existentialist scientific view-point like Rodin could use this information to bring his coil to life. Whddayathink OP?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

I think rodin is a nutjob who needs his arms shaved!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I think rodin is a nutjob who needs his arms shaved!

I imagine that your post got people exited, yet it has already reached a dead end, however if you were able to incorporate the name of God and a structure that equates to the shape of life itself, the attempt at creating life would stand a chance.

Sorry to hear about your existential blockages.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

There's nothing existential about gobledygook.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is fascinating stuff!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The fact he is taking guesses and working on hopes that are a tangent to the information he uses, does not render his efforts useless. His efforts are more grounded than in the experiment you describe. You like the concept of life coming from every element and the hope of finding such life - being somewhat as you know it, and he knows that energy is itself alive and we are made up of energy, that life is everywhere in every way, including ideas themselves, or the unproven string and the cosmos itself. How much of this he 'gets' I don't know.

While physicists get hung up on entrainment and New Agers extrapolate it into ancient knowledge, the bigger picture remains elusive.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

He isn't doing anything as organised as "taking guesses" - he is spouting gobledygook that is meaningless.

and any further discussion of his stuff should probably ben in a different thread - eg this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

He isn't doing anything as organised as "taking guesses" - he is spouting gobledygook that is meaningless.

and any further discussion of his stuff should probably ben in a different thread - eg this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ahh, yes. I should explain that is my old account and I don't use the one I had in that thread.

I love his extra-dimensional thinking, and don't understand why people like you resist his explanations so hardheartedly.

The toroid itself represents a cell to me with the nucleus representing the "black hole" in the center. The spiral dynamic going through in the purest sequence allowing all information to track pasta point of consciousness (consciousness being the singular essence of nothing). Why he applies electricity I don't know.

.. but that's cool coz I never speak gobbledegook

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Closer to crystals than life I think. Not many can really grasp the complexity of the cell, and it just gets more and more complex with each new discovery.

This is I think, is the best representation of what we cannot see.

Kind of like comparing a paper airplane to the space shuttle I think. Still interesting though regardless of the far reaching claims.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

fascinating mechanism that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Thanks for that

Looked entirely legit and awesome.
Plus it just proves how incredible life is. That video doesn't even get into how the translated proteins form enzymes that carry out many many amazing, necessary reactions like the DNA replication mechanisms.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I remmeber reading another articlel ike this several years ago but it was about plasma-life.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is beautiful...but only leaves me thinking of one thing...

Cylons, (My new avatar)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

This is the third thread I have seen on this topic...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

that was very interesting, transformers, tinman, and cocal cola cane man, anyone?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I thought this was already possible. All you need is the All Spark and a few Energon Cubes. Then wham!! The toaster comes alive.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Now this interested me.

Cronin's team has also created bubbles inside of bubbles, which opens the door to the possibility of developing specialized "organelles." Even more compelling, some of the iCHELLs are being equipped with the ability to photosynthesize. The process is still rudimentary, but by linking some oxide molecules to light sensitive dyes, the team has constructed a membrane that splits water into hydrogen ions, electrons and oxygen when illuminated — which is how photosynthesis begins in real cells.

A bunch of these living in a big pot happily spitting out browns gas all day long?
Might solve some energy problems for us.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmmm
A virus is not living/alive?!?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
Hmmm
A virus is not living/alive?!?

Yes or no
- depends on your definition of "life"

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM