It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adults Heckle Kindergartners Singing 'God Bless The USA'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by DaphneApollo

God has Blessed the USA but will He continue? With this behavior, I wonder.

The answer to that is no. If you do not take care of what he gives you, he gives it to someone else who will take care of it in your stead. Which is what is happening to the country right now. For one thing we are not to go telling people they will burn in hell. Christians that even say you burn in hell do not even know what "hell" is. There are no flames there, it's just the endless death of the grave, it is nothingness. Moreover we are not to judge, but to forgive, for having mercy and forgiveness is how we recieve mercy and forgiveness.

This is also why the first few centuries of christians refused to hold any public office, we are not supposed to seek power. Many claim the name of Christ who do not belong to him, and the proof is in their actions as he said it would be.

Hi, thanks for saying that in bold. We are not too judge. You're right, Hell is nothingness, God will blot out your soul, you never existed. As to America and our so called leaders they are definately not Christians for they are deviding this country intentionally.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Hi, thanks for saying that in bold. We are not too judge. You're right, Hell is nothingness, God will blot out your soul, you never existed. As to America and our so called leaders they are definately not Christians for they are deviding this country intentionally.

As for our leaders, watch their actions, that will tell you what they are. Warmongering, greedy, abusive, coniving thieves lining their own pockets while stepping on and breaking the backs of the poorer and less fortunate peoples, the elderly and the disabled and robbing them all blind and doing it with smiles on their faces while patting eachother on their backs. When Yeshua returns the other side of the universe won't be far enough from his anger.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
In a civilized society the adults on both sides would have got together and said, "not in front of the kids".

That would have taken 2 seconds.

Instead, you got a bunch of kids who will forever remember the day someone shouted "you're gonna burn in hell".

Take my iPhone, my internet, my car, and TV and send me back to the 19th century. Please, I beg you.
What a world we live in today.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

edit on 21-6-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Kids shouldn't be at a protest to gather support for a cause they could care less about. They aren't even old enough to form a political opinion. The parents made them come there so that the public would be more on their side since kids make things seem more important to society.

edit on 21-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

What are you even talking about? Nothing ANOK said had anything to do with your reply to him.

Children shouldn't be made to sing nationalistic brainwashing songs or say the pledge everyday. That is North Korea/Soviet style brainwashing. It's weird that Americans allow for that garbage.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

What are you even talking about? Nothing ANOK said had anything to do with your reply to him.

Children shouldn't be made to sing nationalistic brainwashing songs or say the pledge everyday. That is North Korea/Soviet style brainwashing. It's weird that Americans allow for that garbage.

What ANOK said had everything to do with my reply, which is why I replied.

Typically, I appreciate a lot of your posts whether I agree with them or not. After what you just wrote, however, I now question that you are possessed of even a marginal understanding of history.

One of the two stars you received for your post beginning with "Kids shouldn't be at a protest to gather support for a cause ..." came from me - because, though I thought it poorly worded - I inferred the general content of your statement to be that it is wrong to use children for their parents' gain and I agree that it is wrong for parents to use children for the parents' gain. However, I starred too quickly and, by your next post, the one to which I am now responding, I realized I was grossly mistaken in my inference and, for that, I do sincerely apologize to you, and would gladly retract the star were it possible to do so.

Just because you, ANOK, the screaming banshees or anyone else consider the singing of patriotic songs and/or the Pledge of Allegiance to be "nationalistic brainwashing" or "conditioning" does not mean they are "nationalistic brainwashing" or "conditioning."

Great heroes have been immortalized in songs and stories as far back as history can be traced. It is a world-wide tradition beginning with primitive peoples. In a world that has seemingly forgotten the importance of tradition, songs about heroes is one of the few traditions that remain.

There is a vast difference between remembering/appreciating our Veterans and their sacrifices in song and reminding ourselves of what our Country means to us versus "North Korea/Soviet style brainwashing," as you phrased it. If you want an example of the latter, please refer back to the post that included several videos of school children being forced by their teachers (NOT their parents) to sing songs praising the current President (page 2; posted by "timetothink.") THAT, dear co-ATSer, is ACTUAL brainwashing and conditioning of children, North Korean/Soviet/Mao Zedong style.

Are you, too, unfamiliar with the lyrics of the song? "proud to be an American;" "stand up next to you and defend her still today;" "won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me?" The people immortalized in that song ARE the ones who paid for the right for you and ANOK and the screaming banshees in the video to say what you and ANOK said and scream what the irreverent, hateful, historically ignorant banshees screamed. Is the irony COMPLETELY lost to you, ANOK and the screaming banshees? Apparently it is.

Please go find a wide angle photograph of Arlington National Cemetery - the bones lying under every marker paid for you to retain the rights the Creator gave you. You dishonor all of them. In alphabetical order, those bones belong to Americans who were Agnostic, Asian, Atheist, Black, Buddhist, Caucasoid, Christian, European, Hispanic, Jewish, Native American ~ and it mattered not to them who you and i were; it mattered only to them that they protect our rights. Some of which rights you would lightly discard.

Anyone who calls for the banning of books and patriotic songs might consider a look back in history to review (or learn) the ultimate outcome of the citizens who supported/did not stand up against similar bannings in their own Countries. Those outcomes have never been good. I suggest you start with the very references you cited. Don't rely upon old school textbooks, either, whether of lower or higher educational systems. Learn the truth, instead.

If you are unwilling to stand up next to me or any other fellow American and fight for this Country and our rights (or what are left of them), be sure you remember, should such a terrible day ever come again to our shores (and it will!), that it was your decision when you find you stand alone. Maybe ANOK and the screaming banshees will help you hold the invaders off for a while. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

I understand American history well. Nothing I said had anything to do with history or the knowledge of it.

I inferred the general content of your statement to be that it is wrong to use children for their parents' gain and I agree that it is wrong for parents to use children for the parents' gain.

My first post did mean that

of patriotic songs and/or the Pledge of Allegiance to be "nationalistic brainwashing" or "conditioning" does not mean they are "nationalistic brainwashing" or "conditioning."

Then what are they?

There is a vast difference between remembering/appreciating our Veterans and their sacrifices in song and reminding ourselves of what our Country means to us versus "North Korea/Soviet style brainwashing," as you phrased it.

The pledge has nothing to do with veterans. It is a chant that forces children to pledge allegiance to the USA even though they are too young to understand what they are saying. Hitler Jugend style.

God Bless the USA gained hyper popularity after 9/11 because it is a nationalistic propaganda song. A bunch of Americans sung "That I'm proud to be an American, Where at least I know I'm free" while they were getting wire tapped and the patriot act was being signed. This type of propaganda is dangerous because it reinforces ideas that aren't true. A lot of Americans will still tell you the USA is the best country in the world even though there are multiple countries that have a higher standard of living, better education system, better economy, and on and on..

teachers (NOT their parents) to sing songs praising the current President

It's the same breed of propaganda

The people immortalized in that song ARE the ones who paid for the right for you and ANOK and the screaming banshees in the video to say what you and ANOK said and scream what the irreverent, hateful, historically ignorant banshees screamed

I'm grateful for them and all but that doesn't mean I want to sing propaganda filled songs to honor them. Memorial day and veterans day is good enough.

Is the irony COMPLETELY lost to you, ANOK and the screaming banshees? Apparently it is.

No, the irony is that you want to support Americans being programmed further into blind nationalism because of dead soldiers? You claim they fought for freedom but you're fighting to suppress the freedom of ideas in the youth. Your stance makes completely no sense.

Anyone who calls for the banning of books and patriotic songs might consider a look back in history to review (or learn) the ultimate outcome of the citizens who supported/did not stand up against similar bannings in their own Countries.

You go from songs to books, again making no sense. I'm for banning political conditioning in school children. If the USA is the most free and best country in the world we should not have to brainwash our children to believe so.

that it was your decision when you find you stand alone. Maybe ANOK and the screaming banshees will help you hold the invaders off for a while. Good luck.

I don't get how one equates one being against political brainwashing in children to not defending the country if attacked. It makes zero sense.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join