It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adults Heckle Kindergartners Singing 'God Bless The USA'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Parents, outraged by Principal Greta Hawkins’ decision to ban the song, organized the protest and invited Rep. Bob Turner (R-NY) to attend (he’s running against Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand). But the event, which was assembled to allow the children and families to make their opposition to Hawkins’ stance known, went terribly wrong when some adults chose to shout over the children in protest.

Very disgusted by the behavior in this video. Yelling 'You're going to burn in hell' in the face of children is repulsive. While I support the mans right to be a jackass and voice opposition perhaps he could have at least let the children sing the song, and made his protest at a later time or at least only focus on parents/administrators. Stay classy.

“You Republicans come go to a Republican area and do that, we don’t do that here,” proclaimed one of the counter protesters. “This is ridiculous, this is sad. This is so crazy. This is sad.”

Nice. Segregate political parties. Only Democrats get to use parks in democrat neighborhoods. Ugh.

Lin k

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My signature expresses my feelings on this perfectly.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

People have no dignity, completely tactless.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Brainwashed.

'Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Parents, outraged by Principal Greta Hawkins’ decision to ban the song, organized the protest and invited Rep. Bob Turner (R-NY) to attend (he’s running against Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand). But the event, which was assembled to allow the children and families to make their opposition to Hawkins’ stance known, went terribly wrong when some adults chose to shout over the children in protest.

Very disgusted by the behavior in this video. Yelling 'You're going to burn in hell' in the face of children is repulsive. While I support the mans right to be a jackass and voice opposition perhaps he could have at least let the children sing the song, and made his protest at a later time or at least only focus on parents/administrators. Stay classy.

“You Republicans come go to a Republican area and do that, we don’t do that here,” proclaimed one of the counter protesters. “This is ridiculous, this is sad. This is so crazy. This is sad.”

Nice. Segregate political parties. Only Democrats get to use parks in democrat neighborhoods. Ugh.

Lin k

I do not think I could have witnessed this and not gone to jail for assault. I just would not be willing to keep my hands to myself.

kids have so much of our adult sh#t to sort through I am disgusted. going to go hug my kid now.

S+F

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks for posting this. People need to know. I've given you a star and a flag for making people aware.

I wanted to comment on it, too. But i find myself rather dumbstruck. What can be said about "adults" who would publicly scream at children singing a song about being proud to be an American.

If this is what we've come to, perhaps it might be best to consider geographically dividing our Country.
Perhaps it would be better to isolate those who would do something like that from those who would not - give them their own country to hate and let them scream at their own children. Perhaps we are, indeed, beyond repair and it no longer means anything to be American .... because there are seemingly too many types of Americans nowadays.

For about a week or so after 9/11, it seemed like we were all Americans, didn't it? We weren't Republicans or Democrats or various ethnic groups ~ we were just Americans.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

I wanted to comment on it, too. But i find myself rather dumbstruck. What can be said about "adults" who would publicly scream at children singing a song about being proud to be an American.

Yeah I'm having trouble commenting on this one too. Just disgraceful.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Some people just don't deserve the liberties they're given. (I know that's untrue, but seriously this just pissed me off.)

So glad that mature adults could act like mature adults! /Sarcasm

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

They should be heckled, that was the worst thing I have ever heard. I thought they were singing in spanish at first.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by SeesFar

Yeah I'm having trouble commenting on this one too. Just disgraceful.

Yes, I find it disgraceful too, but probably for different reasons then you. Though of course I do find the adult telling children "you are going to burn in hell" disgraceful, I also find adults using children as political footballs and placing them in a situation to be open to such attacks, to be disgraceful as well.

And really I find the whole thing smacks of a pre calculated use of children by adults to further their own political agendas and statements. Why didn't the adults just go to the protest and let their voice be heard? Why did they have to drag along a group of kids there to sing? Because kids are cute. Surely no one will heckle or attack a group of kids and if they do, great too, because we will video tape it load it on the net, go viral and make our opposition look like monsters.

Sorry, that is just the way saw the whole video pre calculated political tricks and using kids to further their own agenda and in my opinion the heckler is not the only one who should feel shame, but the adults who put their kids in that situation in the first place.

Just my opinion though

edit on 20-6-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I also find adults using children as political footballs and placing them in a situation to be open to such attacks, to be disgraceful as well.

I actually agree with that. However, one would hope other adults would refrain from mocking/insulting children, even if those children are being used in an exploitative way.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Perhaps they were related to the little jerks in the bus monitor video:watch here

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And I'd bet those guys go on and on about how they're being victimized as Christians by those oppressive atheists.

Disgusting.

This is a good example of why it's very hard for me tot ell the difference between adults and children. I see no difference here.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Look at these adults, and you can see the "bullies" from the school bus thread all grown up here...

Can someone stop the planet? I want to get off. This is disgusting behavior by adults DIRECTED towards CHILDREN. I don't care what they are singing... They are CHILDREN. Adults are supposed to protect children, guide them, love them, help them etc. Not beat them down, berate them in public, embarrass them, make them feel small, etc.

I just really have no further words. I am stutter typing this is so ughhh...

ETA To Smyleegrl... Sorry about using the same reference. I didn't read the replies until I posted. I didn't intentionally use the same thread. Synchronicity I suppose.

edit on 6/20/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Lin k

I love America,
but America is like Jesus Christ,
its time to nail, America to a cross,
watch America bleed out a little,
then gather some firewood,
remind America of Joan Of Arc,
put America in a tomb.
Come Sunday,
we all can watch America rise again.
Or we could just accept people for what they are,
and accept its their right!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah their behaviour was tackles, but the song should be banned. It's where your children's conditioning starts.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There is not much I can really say to this video, aside from these people, yelling things at these children, such as " You're going to burn in hell" and "shame". Those are some very gross individuals.

Tactless and disgusting. They have the nerve to cry shame as they act in such a disgusting manner?

Anyone have a mirror for these people to look in?

Whether or not the song is a tool to "indoctrinate" children is irrelevant in this instance. Especially, considering, they are trying to do the exact same thing, attempting to shame them out of singing it. Who is to say these kids do not truly believe these words and love the song?

Not them, anyway.

Classless, is a great word to use, right now. Shouting at children and telling them they will burn in hell, is classless and disgusting.

Hey, disagree with the song, all you want. But don't go shouting at kids about it....That does nothing but make YOU look bad and scares the children.

Intimidating children is simply, gross.
edit on 20-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

Lin k

I love America,
put America in a tomb.
Come Sunday,

It is indeed their right, one does expect some common courtesy where children are involved though. Most people feel the same, thus the outrage every time something like this pops up. I disagree strongly with adults who use their children to make a point as well... regardless of that point.

They absolutely have the right to tell the children they will burn in hell, but should they? Self control and saving the argument for the other adults would have been much better IMO. The kids should have been left out of it all together though.

Since they weren't... the adults should have behaved like adults.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Nice to see the partisan system of divide and conquer is still going strong.

As an outsider, it seems that 70% of America completely swallows the BS and isn't capable of an original opinion against their precious political party.

Almost every post on ATS coming out of America seems to be on a political, racial or religious divide. And that is actually pretty scary.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

Lin k

I love America,
put America in a tomb.
Come Sunday,

It is indeed their right, one does expect some common courtesy where children are involved though. Most people feel the same, thus the outrage every time something like this pops up. I disagree strongly with adults who use their children to make a point as well... regardless of that point.

They absolutely have the right to tell the children they will burn in hell, but should they? Self control and saving the argument for the other adults would have been much better IMO. The kids should have been left out of it all together though.

Since they weren't... the adults should have behaved like adults.

I am saying that I agree,
parents should not tell children that they will burn in hell,
unless they can accept,
that they may burn on earth.
I do not have the numbers,
of how many people,
America has burned on earth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join