It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ax Wielding Hero Stops Would Be Burglar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This reminds me of something that happened to a few Renaissance re enactor friends of mine.

Ax Wielding Hero Stops Would Be Burglar

“I just heard someone breaking in…My husband went around to check it out…I hear a confrontation, if you can please hurry,” said the caller.

The confrontation didn't last long. The burglar didn't stand a chance against Bo Danysh and his Norwegian battle ax.

“Most people have their parents’ shotgun or whatever here in the country. Well I don't have a gun, so I have my family’s ax,” said Danysh. He has been working at the Renaissance Festival since he was 14 years old. He is trained in combat and martial arts.

Whenever you have something sharp and pointy most would be burglars turn and run.
Being hacked to death seems to instill fear in most bad guys.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Norwegian battle axes don't kill people....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
you have the right to bear arms....no one said it had to be a firearm and probably a goodly sized bloke wielding an axe shouting will probably have as good an effect on the perfs bowels as a shotgun and its cheaper and doesn't require rearming after use

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm involved in my local renaissance faire and I saw this story circulating amongst all of my rennie friends facebook pages. The most common sentiment seemed to be "Good for him, I wonder what part of the faire he worked at?" This was based on the earliest reports before it had been mentioned that he actually did work at a faire. A good guess from my friends it seems.

At least he won't be able to be called out by all of the anti-gun folks about anything.

I echo the sentiments of my friends in saying good for him!
Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I had one friend who did stage combat and owned a scottish claymore.

He's 6'4" kind of a big guy.
Apparently one night he was... in the middle of something with his wife. If you get my drift.

And he hears his car alarm go off. So he dismounts and goes to look out the window and two dudes are breaking into his car.

The Claymore was on a stand in the room so he grabs the Claymore and runs outside screaming bloody murder.
When he opened the door, in the nude mind you with both swords held aloft screaming I'm going to kill you, he saw two guys opening up his car.

My friend said the look of pure terror on the guys faces was priceless. The guy on the passenger side looked once and immediately leaped a fence and began to run. The guy on the driver side did a double take. Began to run however he ran right into a wall. Luckily he recovered and was able to get away.

lol

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

The Claymore was on a stand in the room so he grabs the Claymore and runs outside screaming bloody murder.
When he opened the door, in the nude mind you with both swords held aloft screaming I'm going to kill you, he saw two guys opening up his car.

My friend said the look of pure terror on the guys faces was priceless. The guy on the passenger side looked once and immediately leaped a fence and began to run. The guy on the driver side did a double take. Began to run however he ran right into a wall. Luckily he recovered and was able to get away.

lol

A tried and true method - It kept the Romans out of Scotland and the thieves out of his car!

top topics

join