It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Oversight Committee Just Charged Eric Holder With Contempt Of Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

edit on 6/20/2012 by draco49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They have done no different that what Bush and the neocons did.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Text At this point Holder should be held in contempt of Congress, he has tried to weasel his way out of everything about Fast and Furious. The Democrats know this too but are not willing to stand up for what is right because Holder is a high member of a Democratic administration. Yet we all know that if the tables were switched the GOP would vote the same way the Democrats are now. It is unfortunate, yes, but something we all know to be true.

In my opinion, the quicker this investigation can truly begin the better for not only shining a light upon corruption in our government but comfort for the family of those fallen victim to this treacherous and idiotic scheme.

I was thinking the same thing about the party lines. That's how shameful this hole system is. Right isn't right only when it's convenient. These people are criminals. They are not the best and the brightest of the society, they are the worst and most psychotic. I hope Holder gets to meet Bubba.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ml5edtoDeath

That's because they're all the same damn people! Obama and Romney are just two sides of the same dirty coin. George HW Bush continued and extended the policies of Reagan, Clinton continued and extended the policies of Bush I, Bush II continued and extended the policies of Clinton, and Obama has continued and extended the policies of Bush II. There will be nothing to celebrate until every last on of them is removed from office, and we return to the tenets of our Constitution. Saying that one is less evil than another is incorrect, since their all put ino power and controlled by the same multi-national corporate interests.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Well, for the sake of argument, lets say that's true. Please explain how that makes it acceptable now when Obama is in office and unacceptable when Bush was in office. It seems to me that it should be unacceptable in either case.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm not usualy a gambling man but i'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that they find away make this amount to nothing.
The stain of this one would soil both bush and the o because it happened on both of their watch.
I was reading about this earlier and the articule said that holder would only turn over the requested files if they promised to stop the investigation.
If it doe's go to some sort of hearing there will bunch of 5ths invoked and national securty cards pulled.
If somehow there is.a conviction the next dem. prez will pardon whomever ala ollie north and noone will remember.
I only accept fresh krispy kremes, choclate please.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Down4Whateva

I suspect you are more clear in thought than most. What kind of "party leadership" cannot muster the resources to change the background... and make all this go away?

But I must confess, I am still reticent to accept the evil of corruption as the "latest" demerit in the journey the political duopoly has crafted... that might conjure an image of sinister men in perpetual plot.... I am more inclined to envision a schoolyard commanded by brutish, gluttonous, selfish, covetous, frightened bullies... whom we outnumber.

[Insert coy blush.]

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think if Obama loses in Nov. he will grant a blanket pardon for Holder. This protects him from any wrong doing and will help keep things under wraps. Gerald Ford did the same thing for Nixon.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Another, very likely development.

Political power wielded through the monopoly on Jurisprudence... I'd say the odds were with you.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
First of all... it is not a contempt case until everyone gets to vote on it... so expect more political games....

Congress has no identity... only the party has one, so those who are bound to the administration's party will not be offended by the refusal to produce legal evidence... and Obama has made his executive order speak his mind for him....

Needless to say that the whole ordeal will be media scrubbed to appear as a simple "political conflict" between the Reds and the Blues is shameful... considering that the law has been clear for many years on this kind of thing...

Nancy Pelosi Slams Contempt Vote: 'I Could Have Arrested Karl Rove ... But We Didn't' [UPDATE]

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here it comes.... the politicians will downplay the significance of the refusal by making a political "show" and recalling their failure to prosecute Rove... as if that makes THIS alright.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

I suppose a gun running ploy gone bad by Obama is way worse than destroying several countries and costing trillions of dollars and possibly ruining our country. Admit your own faults before using that platform to preach from.

Just like you said, the politicians will downplay their role in everything so how is this different? It is different because your team is losing. You might even complain about the 2 party system and when your party is winning it is a non-issue. You complain about the system you personally support with your actions. I believe that could be considered insane. Not to worry though, I hear the drug companies have something to melt the rest of your brain into a nice mush (Warning, may cause uncontrollable diarrhea, dry mouth and vomiting with bouts of suicidal tendencies and eventually death).

But I digress. We have to get past blame and move on to solutions. That means tackling real issues that lead to these types of problems. We need to get out of the global espionage business. We need to shut down these corrupt institutions. We need to agree on a policy of bipartisan agreement to solve problems. We need to remove the basic problems that separate us. The party structure needs to be removed and lobbyists need to be neutered. Money needs to be taken out of politics. News needs to be made actual news and anyone calling made up stories news needs to be prosecuted and the news source shut down.

We need to agree on a central banking system that works like a coop for the American People. Having a group of global bankers charge us money to run a printing press is insane. We can run our own press and pay off our debts without paying the minimum payment on the loan and never paying down on the principle. We need to identify the cause of our problems and set our resolve to destroy their base of operations.

We need to cooperate to get that done. We won't because we are still stuck on blaming each other for the problems we face now. Nobody want's to take responsibility for the problems. No one wants to admit they were deceived or made a mistake or acted out of hatred. I will say this though, if they want support they will admit their faults and promise to never be so stupid again. How many hundreds of thousands of innocent women, children and men were slaughtered for such stupid reasons? The scale is astronomically different than some guns ending up in Mexico and the reason is completely different.

I agree we need to take care of business and get our government back. Holder is just another player trying to do damage control. The game is the same, different players. Nothing of any substance has changed for the better other than a few sound bytes and some promises for the future. Fed is still holding the economy hostage and the bankers are still getting their bonuses. DOW is near all time highs while almost everyone I know is barely making ends meet.

So instead of focusing on partisan politics why not focus on solutions that are bipartisan or not partisan at all?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I stopped at "your team."

We're not having the same discussion.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I cannot support Romney. No way. GOP will destroy us. If Obama or Holder broke the law in some way they need to pay the consequences. Maybe not to late to Get Hillary on the Ballot? Wish Ron Paul had a shot but he don't so Hillary would be the next best president we could hope for in today's politics. She and Bill would bring an enormous amount of expereince to the oval office. Actually no one is more qualified than Hillary with Bill also at her side.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

or Clinton for that matter.
i still don't understand how Obama can extend EP over papers he supposedly never saw

either way, i hope the House vote concurs and Holder's ship sinks, fast and furious like

then, the whole truth can drag around on Obama's back like the ball and chain he envisions for everyone else.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I cannot support Romney. No way. GOP will destroy us. If Obama or Holder broke the law in some way they need to pay the consequences. Maybe not to late to Get Hillary on the Ballot? Wish Ron Paul had a shot but he don't so Hillary would be the next best president we could hope for in today's politics. She and Bill would bring an enormous amount of expereince to the oval office. Actually no one is more qualified than Hillary with Bill also at her side.

If you feel that Ron Paul is the best candidate, and you support his ideals, then vote for him. Even if you have to write it in on the ballot, vote your conscience. While he may not win the general election, it is cowardly to renege your support because of fears you have about the other candidates. RP stands for the Constitution, and if you compromise on that out of fear that another candidate might get elected, you are a coward. Whether Obama wins or Romney wins, the result is the same... increased degradation of our Constitutional liberties at the hands of the elite power brokers. They are two sides of the same dirty coin. No matter how popular or unpopular, vote your conscience. Cowardly retreat to the two "popular" candidates is cowardly just the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Well, for the sake of argument, lets say that's true. Please explain how that makes it acceptable now when Obama is in office and unacceptable when Bush was in office. It seems to me that it should be unacceptable in either case.

It is unacceptable in either case. The problem is all the freakzaoids now clamoring for Holder's head on a stake are the same ones that just as fervently defended Bush for his crimes.

It's the same pattern we've seen for nearly 4 years now... the exact same people that defended Bush's war crimes and other BS are now all excited because "that other fella" might be behaving the same way.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I don't think it really matters much. They're the opposite side of the same coin. The people bringing up Bush are merely using it as a deflection tactic in order to defend Obama.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What does it all mean to the average citizen/voter ? Nothing. The libs will try to divert/deflect as much as they can and the conservatives will feel more secure towards the 2012 elections. I'm sure anyone involved in this mess will either retire or continue to serve their term until they're picked up by private corporation(s) for their purposes paying them even heftier amounts due to their exposure to the innner circle and workings. At the end of the day, do each one of us feel secure about our future?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And still... the partisan crap flies.

If we don't start to embrace the reality that the team shirt colors make no difference, and that the problem in this country is embodied in the political "duopoly" itself we are lost in a meandering tragic sitcom (which they direct) ... and we will be here again, and again, and again.... just like we already have been... and are now.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Oh, i get it.

Justify Obama bad behavior by comparing it to Bush behavior.

----------
The Fast & Furious Scandal got border patrol agent Brian Terry killed.

It happened on Obamas watch.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

His thinking is we should just give Obama and Holder a pass because

Bush had the Valerie Plame scandal.

BTW, the Plame scandal was a waste of time and a farce.
--------
In this case we have a dead border patrol agent Brian Terry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join