It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Oversight Committee Just Charged Eric Holder With Contempt Of Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com

The House Oversight Committee has found Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over his refusal to turn over documents related to the Fast and Furious gun-running scandal.

The 23-17 vote fell along party lines, and took place after hours of debate over Holder and his involvement in Operation Fast and Furious, an Arizona gunrunning operation in which U.S. agents allowed thousands of guns to "walk" across the Mexican border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Okay well the next step is for a full House vote. Let's see if the President threw Holder under the bus to protect his own butt and shield himself from a possible investigation.

In my opinion I believe this is a good move, something definitely needed to be done. After months and months of stonewalling and no answers or producing documents, what did the A.G. think would happen.

www.businessinsider.com
edit on 20-6-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Bad news for Obama during an election year. I think what Obama will do is try and stall this until after the election ... I also don't think he will throw Holder under the bus. If those documents were that damning that he had to invoke Executive Privilege than it's likely it could bring both him and Holder down. If one goes down, so does the other ... this "Fast & Furious" scandal goes all the way to the Oval Office.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I love it! But at the same time, I am predicting a BIG false flag so that the POTUS can declare martial law.

This guy doesn't care about America and he is following boot step right in line with the globalist bankers who are destroying nations soveirgnty so that they can implement their sick NWO!

Get your BOB's ready folks! This criminal in the WH could give a damn less about the next election OR you and your families!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This guy and this administration has nothing to hide right? The most open and transparent administration ever? How many people in Mexico did these guns kill? All we here about is the border patrol agent which is bad but how many people were slaughtered in Mexico because of these guns? Those figures are not tracked I suppose. I thought Cheney and his administration were bad....these guys are upping the bar. I hope this punk goes to prison.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshRandall
This guy and this administration has nothing to hide right? The most open and transparent administration ever? How many people in Mexico did these guns kill? All we here about is the border patrol agent which is bad but how many people were slaughtered in Mexico because of these guns? Those figures are not tracked I suppose. I thought Cheney and his administration were bad....these guys are upping the bar. I hope this punk goes to prison.

I listened to the hearing on C-span. One of the speakers said that, the Mexican Government had sent a letter to the DOJ, and Administration, stating that over 300 Mexican people had been killed with Fast and Furious guns.

Des

edit on 20-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshRandall

Did you make a new account so that you could bad mouth the government and not get any repercussions?

Allow me to give you your first star my friend.

I do wonder when people will realize that government are the mafia and politicians are gangsters! Why don't we call them by what they really are?
edit on 20-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Too late...POTUS just trumped them by calling this "executive priviledge"...I guess that means the EXECUTIVE made these decisions......oops....might be Obama's Watergate.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's my understanding that they passed a contempt resolution, but have not formerly voted...

In any case, invoking executive privilege trumps the resolution, I believe.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This video show exactly what's going on. Straight from the horse's...er..."mouth"...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The saddest part of this whole event is that the vote went down party lines. At this point Holder should be held in contempt of Congress, he has tried to weasel his way out of everything about Fast and Furious. The Democrats know this too but are not willing to stand up for what is right because Holder is a high member of a Democratic administration. Yet we all know that if the tables were switched the GOP would vote the same way the Democrats are now. It is unfortunate, yes, but something we all know to be true.

In my opinion, the quicker this investigation can truly begin the better for not only shining a light upon corruption in our government but comfort for the family of those fallen victim to this treacherous and idiotic scheme.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

www.businessinsider.com

The House Oversight Committee has found Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over his refusal to turn over documents related to the Fast and Furious gun-running scandal.

The 23-17 vote fell along party lines, and took place after hours of debate over Holder and his involvement in Operation Fast and Furious, an Arizona gunrunning operation in which U.S. agents allowed thousands of guns to "walk" across the Mexican border.

I heard that 31 democrats will join with the republicans in the full House vote.

They see the truth.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
And thus was born....Obama Gate....from the front page of the Drudge Report.

drudgereport.com...

Des

edit on 20-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
First of all... it is not a contempt case until everyone gets to vote on it... so expect more political games....

Congress has no identity... only the party has one, so those who are bound to the administration's party will not be offended by the refusal to produce legal evidence... and Obama has made his executive order speak his mind for him....

Needless to say that the whole ordeal will be media scrubbed to appear as a simple "political conflict" between the Reds and the Blues is shameful... considering that the law has been clear for many years on this kind of thing...

Nancy Pelosi Slams Contempt Vote: 'I Could Have Arrested Karl Rove ... But We Didn't' [UPDATE]
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here it comes.... the politicians will downplay the significance of the refusal by making a political "show" and recalling their failure to prosecute Rove... as if that makes THIS alright.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
It's my understanding that they passed a contempt resolution, but have not formerly voted...

In any case, invoking executive privilege trumps the resolution, I believe.

www.foxnews.com...

That didn't work too well for Nixon...just sayin'....

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
First of all... it is not a contempt case until everyone gets to vote on it... so expect more political games....

Congress has no identity... only the party has one, so those who are bound to the administration's party will not be offended by the refusal to produce legal evidence... and Obama has made his executive order speak his mind for him....

Needless to say that the whole ordeal will be media scrubbed to appear as a simple "political conflict" between the Reds and the Blues is shameful... considering that the law has been clear for many years on this kind of thing...

Nancy Pelosi Slams Contempt Vote: 'I Could Have Arrested Karl Rove ... But We Didn't' [UPDATE]

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here it comes.... the politicians will downplay the significance of the refusal by making a political "show" and recalling their failure to prosecute Rove... as if that makes THIS alright.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

It will - not - be media scubbed at Fox News.

Fox News has all the viewers!

CNN is turning into a ghost town.

NBC is plagued by EditGate 1.0 and EditGate 2.0.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Nixon was before my time - I have Regan, Bush and Clinton to draw from -

However, I do think this is a scandal that isn't going away.
The GOP will see to that.

edit on 20-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The war isn't over perhaps, but a victory is still a victory. I seriously hope they carry this through without killing any more folks, be they Mexican or American.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

It will - not - be media scubbed at Fox News.

Fox News has all the viewers!

CNN is turning into a ghost town.

NBC is plagued by EditGate 1.0 and EditGate 2.0.

But it not being scrubbed at Fox simply creates more divisive nonsense..... because they are practically incapable of being non-partisan... even by being the sole voice crying out, they tend to cry out with demagoguery and political talking heads, instead of reporting the story...

Don't get me wrong... none of them (CNN, ABC, etc.) report the story... so where one major player does it just makes for more theater... and we (the people) remain int he same position we were in the first place.

Besides, it would be fine and well if they went after Republican corruption as well.... but they don't - which reduces their coverage to more partisan b/s. We need citizens to report... not these flim-flam "pretend" journalists and their pool of paid political shills.... (not directed as FOX alone by any means....)

And to think... we will allow them to tell us who "wins" ...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Given the massive amounts of pure BS that has spewed from Bohner and his boytoy Cantor, this is meaningless... those boys have cried wolf far too many times.

It may be that THIS time they have a legitimate issue... F&F sounds like a major cluster by any perception.

But those idiots in the GOP House have NO credibility.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join