It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Obama really knows who he is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Who is Barack Obama and why has he been saying those untrue things about himself?

This has been a question that has been on my mind.

In an interview Tuesday morning on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” program, Mr. Maraniss said the president did not set out to write a factual history of his life and was “trying to see everything through a racial lens. That was the original purpose of that book.” Mr. Maraniss added that “I don’t think it’s a venal reason. I think it says more about a writer’s pressures to try to tell a story than anything about his larger character.”
www.powerlineblog.com...
Mr. Maraniss attributes some of the differences to the kind of family lore that is often exaggerated. He notes that the story about the death of Mr. Obama’s step-grandfather — allegedly killed while fighting Dutch troops in Indonesia — was “a concocted myth in almost all respects.” Mr. Maraniss writes that he died trying to hang drapes.

In other words, Obama didn’t lie for personal gain; he lied in the name of racial politics.

New Book Raises Questions About Obama’s Memoir
thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

There seems to be no limit to the political uses to which Obama will put his ancestors. The mother who is a false object lesson in the need for Obamacare; the grandmother who is an object lesson in the pervasiveness of white racism (is there any reason to believe that Obama has depicted her accurately?); the martyred Indonesian freedom fighting step-grandfather who really died hanging drapes; the Kenyan grandfather who Obama says was arrested and tortured by the British, but who very likely was not.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But Maraniss, who researched Obama’s life in Kenya, Indonesia, Hawaii and the mainland United States, found that there were ‘no remaining records of any detention, imprisonment, or trial of Hussein Onyango Obama’. He interviewed five people who knew Obama’s grandfather, who died in 1979, who ‘doubted the story or were certain it did not happen’.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The long shadow of Barack Obama’s identity crisis
www.powerlineblog.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So I'm not the only one who thinks Obama is a creation. Like an experiment of sorts.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
So I'm not the only one who thinks Obama is a creation. Like an experiment of sorts.

It certainly is beginning to look like his life was created, yes.

This is something some of us saw from the beginning.
edit on 033030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 033030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Nope. I go back and forth between something akin to what you posted and his actually memory being wiped, and new ones being "taught" so to speak. Even I know how "out there" that sounds, but it does tend to cross my mind ever more frequently.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

People get the politicians they deserve.
Americans voted for him in preference to the geriatric MCain and to punish the republicans for GW Bush.
It created the perfect storm - repudiate all that GW Bush and his party stood for, put up a halfcaste brown man as the liberal candidate and the intelligentsia and liberals as well as the vocal brown people all supported him and the ghettos voted for him.
Unfortunately for the ghetto inhabitants, he is not one of them.
He is a first generation half caste and has no slavery ancestry.
But Americans fell for the con put out by his spin doctors.
The 2008 election was so filled with euphoria about Obama, that nobody did any real background detective work.
Most believed that he was the "black messiah" and were blinded by his so-called charisma.
He is now shown to be the hollow man that he always was and Mitt Romney will consign him to the history bin later this year.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Are you implying my president is a liar?! Say it ain't so! What can I do to stop him? Citizen's arrest? Use NDAA to detain him indefinitely? Or should I fly a plane into his house?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The ultimate "Manchurian Candidate"?
The problem is that the rest of the world also has to put up with him.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Maraniss Comes Clean on Obama's Seattle Hegira
www.americanthinker.com...

no one bothered to check the record while Obama was basing his persona and his candidacy on the myth of this multicultural romance. This includes Maraniss himself. In a botched 10,000-word Washington Post article published on the eve of the 2008 election, he chose to overlook the fact that Obama created a false narrative for the first two years of his life and then ran for president on that narrative.

He was not alone. Everyone in the respectable media, left and right, did the same. This includes the New Yorker's David Remnick in his 2010 Obama bio, the New York Times's Janny Scott in her 2011 bio of Obama's mother, the Boston Globe's Sally Jacobs in her 2011 bio of Obama's father, and the Times's Jodi Kantor in her 2012 book on the whole extended family.

Worse, conservative writer Dinesh D'Souza based his disingenuous 2010 bestseller, The Roots of Obama's Rage, on a story that had been debunked in the conservative blogosphere as early 2008 and was widely known to be false by 2009.

As is becoming increasingly clear, the rise of Barack Obama represents a journalistic scandal of historic proportion.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
Are you implying my president is a liar?! Say it ain't so! What can I do to stop him? Citizen's arrest? Use NDAA to detain him indefinitely? Or should I fly a plane into his house?

Carefull..........

You mean fly a plane to the airport and land it..... Yep thats what you meant.

Im sure of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
wtf are you guys talking about ?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

They are talking about how President Obama's Great Step-Grandfather died hanging drapes and therefore President Obama is a secret CIA, Manchurian, Kenyan, Muslim, Undercover Terrorist!!!

C'Mon...follow along. Get with the program!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

It is about Obama's composite life.

I guess you would have had to have been keeping track.
www.politico.com...

For example
Obama: 'New York girlfriend' was composite

"During an interview in the Oval Office, Obama acknowledged that, while Genevieve was his New York girlfriend, the description in his memoir was a “compression” of girlfriends, including one who followed Genevieve [Cook] when he lived in Chicago," Maraniss writes in his new biography, an excerpt of which was published online today by Vanity Fair.

"In Dreams from My Father, Obama chose to emphasize a racial chasm that unavoidably separated him from the woman he described as his New York girlfriend,"

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Like a Manchurian candidate.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

He kind of makes me uneasy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Like a Manchurian candidate.

Exactly like that. I don't care who thinks it is nuts either. I have never met another human being who is so confused about their past. I am not sure if it is being portrayed this way for a specific reason, or if he is truly unaware. It's just a little spooky/weird to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Has anyone thought about the possibility that somebody has been collecting DNA samples and analyzing ?

I would say yes somebody has.

Obama also knows exactly who he is, and who his parents were.

When all that gets exposed, we will know all about who Obama really is.

Scuttlebutt has it that Obama wasn't sure until he was a U.S. Senator.
That's when he was told.

All IMO naturally.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I think your right, I think he looks confused.

top topics

join