It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Yahoo News Shilling for Obama a Violation of Campaign Finance Laws?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Clever.

Yahoo News writes a "story" about Obama campaign ads that attack Romney. This is a not-so-clever way to broadcast campaign ads at no cost to the campaign.

Is this is violation of Federal Election Law? Wouldn't this be considered a contribution in kind to the Obama campaign by Yahoo?

Obama attacks Mitt Romnet as 'corportate raider' in pair of new ads

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't know. But if it is, then MSNBC has been getting away with it for 4 years. The Obama Shill Network. O-Bots ... all of them. I'm wondering how they are going to spin the latest .. Obama giving Holder a free pass ... should be interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I suspect the rules fly out the window as far as the internet is concerned. Either there are laws and regulations regarding the internet or there aren't. Ya can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No.

This should be fairly obvious, but writing an opinion piece does not count as 'campaign finance'. If it did, just about every publication in America would be guilty.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Clever.

Yahoo News writes a "story" about Obama campaign ads that attack Romney. This is a not-so-clever way to broadcast campaign ads at no cost to the campaign.

Yah...and the Huffpost writes a story about every outlandish GOP ad that is run against Obama and usually includes full video clips of the ads...

They must be skirting Campaign Finance Laws as well??

new topics

top topics

join