It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama invokes executive privilege as Holder faces contempt vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Full Story:news.yahoo.com...

"President Barack Obama invoked executive privilege on Wednesday for the first time since taking office to withhold certain Justice Department documents tied to the flawed "Operation Fast and Furious" gun-smuggling investigation from lawmakers demanding them. Obama's 11th-hour decision, revealed in a letter from the Justice Department to House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, did not derail the California Republican's plans to hold a vote declaring Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress."

When we start holding our elected officials accountable and locking them up when they commit crimes instead of giving them a slap on the wrist and a new job assignment WE WILL start THE TAKING BACK of what was taking from all of us. "Rights, Liberty and Freedom" to speak of a few.

Hope the ball of wax melts down over the whole flock of them. "Executive Privilege" what a joke.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I thought it was criminal when GW Bush did it.
I think it's criminal now for Obama to do it.

This entire political system needs to be torn down and rebuilt.
There is no honor among these thieves that govern (read own) our nation.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
write on with your thread. It all starts at home. Maybe many should quit expecting help, and start being the help. I have never seen such evil in this nation in my life. Americans are afraid to react, and that is why we are where we are at. I don't mean occupy junk, I mean honest people standing up like Glen Beck for example. Put belief of his aside and look at what he is saying. We must stand up and hold on to our Heritage, and stop giving it away. Start actually putting God's principles in place instead of evil.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazarocka

It's funny. Before I heard about the Fast and Furious case I had heard MANY "rumors" about the US government funneling guns to the Sinaloa cartel. The government was scared the Zeta cartel would interfere with the 2012 Mexican election, so they were attempting to arm the Zeta's enemy, the Sinaloa cartel.

Come to find out 80%+ of these straw buyers and gun runners were Sinaloa cartel associates.....

Maybe thats why Obama won't release the documents

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This has already been posted.

Please add to the ongoing conversations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

~Tenth

top topics

join