It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Kelly-Hopkinsville Goblins Returned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I didn't say I was right or wrong, I'm saying that its an incredible waste of time to sit here and argue over something like this. I don't believe those tracks have anything to do with Aliens or Goblins, my only issue is that I thought you were rude to the op, especially since you have shown to be "curious" yourself, in a previous post.

You didn't understand what I was saying about arguing when it can't possibly go anywhere. THAT is foolish, so I was, and am still saying; let's be civil. I see your responses in other threads, you generally put a lot of people down, completely discrediting something without adding anymore to the conversation than; "you were not abducted, you need mental help" etc...

90% of the time, I am a skeptic, and I might even agree with you on many stories, but if I have nothing else to say, I don't post something they are already going to hear from countless people, UNLESS they are blatantly trolling or lying. There aren't many places a person can go and post an experience with such a diverse crowd of readers willing to listen. Don't pollute the stream with a useless post.

The OP didn't present the story as authentic, she just found a snippet, albeit from a silly "looking" sight, but only a snippet for people to think about. She never said she believed it, she only said she was on the fence about the original case, If I understand completely.

You're right, I don't know you, and you don't know me. Maybe in Europe, some people have a different type of humor, and I can respect that, but to me, your response should have focused on the topic, and not the age of the OP. Discredit a story, not the person posting it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
well this thread went downhill rapidly..
i wasn't exactly expecting smoking gun proof
but reading an account of the original is what scared me into 'ufology' in the first place
and one must always keep hoping!
unfortunately if they were tapping at the windows chirping every night
and that photo in the op is the best they could get
then something is not right.
still! one never knows... hoping if there are any more photos they show up here sooner or later.

You don't even know me, I've used programs that hoaxers sometimes use!
totally borrowing that one.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The kelly hopkinsville incident was never proved to be a hoax the people involved never made any money out of it rarely spoke to anybody about it and even moved away to get away from ufo hunters, It wasnt given the creedence it deserved because some of the people involved worked in a circus so many thought they had staged it. Why would you blast holes in your house with a shotgun if you wernt trying to get fame or money?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Whether or not it really happened, or if somehow that family fell victim to some type of intoxication, I actually really enjoyed the story.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

As i remember the police checked for drink and drugs and found nothing also there were several ufo sightings on that night from others in the area.
Also when the police came they found an unusual glowing residue on a farm gate but did not take any samples, then the police left and the aliens returned and were shot at again with shotguns and .22 rifles! The police came back the next morning but the strange residue had gone

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
[If you read the comments on the site, I'm the one who said he was in contact with the KY Dept of Fish and Wildlife. I received a response from a Fish and Wildlife biologist today, who believes they are deer-tracks and "another object" making it appear as a single track.

I did see your comment on the other site. Thanks for letting us know how they responded!

So are they implying (or outright saying) that they believe someone purposely modified the deer tracks?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
reply to post by angrywhitechick

The goblin story you referenced would be terrifying, although I think I would have tried to communicate with them if they kept appearing at my windows. Spooky stuff. I dont even know what I would do in that case. probably the exact same, keep everyone inside, shoot at anything that moves. lol

I think you bring up an excellent point. In the safety of my living room I think oh sure if a bunch of aliens come chirping at my window I would be all peace and love and what do y'all need. While filming us all!

In reality I would probably be terrified and loading up the shotgun. I wouldn't be thinking about pictures or anything like that!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by newcovenant
Have you done any reading on The Kelly-Hopkinsville "goblin" case? It is an incredible story you absolutely have to believe once you learn the details. This is a family of ma and pa kettle Appalachians...

Hopkinsville is not in Appalachia, but on the opposite side of Kentucky.

I know but you get more of an idea what kind of "people" were involved when you say "Appalachians" (as in a type) than if you say "the opposite side of Kentucky." In this instance geographical location is irrelevant. I don't think their last name was Kettle either.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Originally posted by gostr

The goblin story you referenced would be terrifying, although I think I would have tried to communicate with them if they kept appearing at my windows. Spooky stuff. I dont even know what I would do in that case. probably the exact same, keep everyone inside, shoot at anything that moves. lol

I think you bring up an excellent point. In the safety of my living room I think oh sure if a bunch of aliens come chirping at my window I would be all peace and love and what do y'all need. While filming us all!

In reality I would probably be terrified and loading up the shotgun. I wouldn't be thinking about pictures or anything like that!

I agree with you both. Cameras might be way down the list of concerns.
Life and safety always come first - if you are smart.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You know, in the original story...the Hopskinsville one I mean, one of the investigators suggested it may have been an escaped monkey. I realize that hard skeptics will always reach, no matter how far for an explainable explanation.... I also read where the witnesses insisted they were not monkies, but you have to admit....

1. The creature did flips. Ever see a startled monkey doing flips?

2. They continuously peered into the windows even after being shot at...I could see a monkey, especially a circus monkey doing this because it is accustomed to people, and hasn't equated people with danger.

3. It walked with its arms at times, almost keeping its upper body erect.

Now if you imagine at such a time and hour, something that utterly bizarre occurring in a time and a place where you just don't see monkies.... who knows what the mind can do.

I am naturally skeptical of all stories, but this is only because I WANT, and desire more than anything, that confirmation that they are here. Its too important to me not to choose skepticism over believing. In any event, I like this story a lot, and it may very well have been aliens if not a hoax.

My only frustration from tales like this is that you can only find so much info, and so many details about it.

ps... I have been interested in reading people's abduction experiences. I have heard that there are private forums where people can discuss it. I have a very vague and unimpressive experience myself, and would love to be in contact with some of these people. Anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

Originally posted by ninjas4321

Picts or it did not happen

You asked for Picts.

Thank you. Seriously.

Best reply ever to that profoundly ignorant comment.

You made me laugh, so again...

Thank you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join