It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have the Kelly-Hopkinsville Goblins Returned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Kelly-Hopkinsville "goblin" case has always been a favorite of mine.  Everything I have read on the case makes it seem like the family saw SOMETHING and were genuinely frightened.  

Recently I began following a blog at Who Forted about a case that had many similarities with the 1955 case (family terrorized at night, small alien beings-- although the beings don't look exactly like the ones in the original incident)  With photos of both the creature and footprints it left.

Someone contacted Greg Newkirk an editor at the blog and had an incredible tale to tell:

For the past 6 months I have been living in a rural home located on the border of West Virginia and Kentucky where my family is nightly assaulted by creatures that I have come to believe are of an extraterrestrial origin. These beings appear to be the size and stature of a small child, devoid of any facial features save for large, oily eyes and lipless mouths. They frighten my children by peering through their bedroom windows, chirping at one another. They actively attempt to enter my home in the middle of the night. Last month they took my dog. The police refuse to provide any further assistance, attributing the problems to wild animals and forwarding my complaints to the state game commission.  

The story goes on that at first the family who were involved were asked for more information and didn't respond so Newkirk believed he might be a hoax victim... but later the family did respond with photos of the creature (very poor photos) and photos of strange three toed tracks supposedly left by the creature.

I am on the fence and would like to see better photos and expert analysis of the tracks before jumping off either way but I did find it an interesting read and though some of you might, too.

edit on 6/20/2012 by angrywhitechick because: Clarity

edit on 6/20/2012 by angrywhitechick because: Added images

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

How old are you to believe such stories? :/ fascinating or not, it is just fairly tales

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Picts or it did not happen

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

So let me get this straight Mr. Imtor...you post a thread, with pictures of creatures you consider to possibly exist in this thread, and then ridicule the OP for being "On the fence" about an alien story?

Have you really looked at your thread? One picture looks like an fawn in a sweatshirt lol.

Hypocrite much?
edit on 20-6-2012 by BS_Slayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

OK, just because you asked so nice I added links to three of the photos in my original post.

Remember I never said they were QUALITY photos!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer
reply to post by Imtor

So let me get this straight Mr. Imtor...you post a thread, with pictures of creatures you consider to possibly exist in this thread, and then ridicule the OP for being "On the fence" about an alien story?

Have you really looked at your thread? One picture looks like an fawn in a sweatshirt lol.

Hypocrite much?

First of all, I was totally making joke of it, secondly, I wanted to know where these pictures were from, I never believed them to be real - members were able to link most of the origins, (if you want to see a lot more serious discussions about Dulce see the Paul Bennewitz thread where more serious researchers than a nobody like you have to say about it)

third of all, welcome to my EVOLUTION of thinking over time about the Believers' crap, from early 2011 that you linked, which makes it almost a year - to now, from more believing, to more objective and now to this state

Understand why I posted something before you talk BS, it seems the BS Slayer just got slain by his own BS

edit on 20-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
I have studied Astronomy, I know pretty much all the stars and objects you see in the night sky. I can identify shooting stars, satellites, meteorites fallig and burning in the atmoshpere, airplanes.

I have never seen a UFO because I am objective and I know what I see.

I am slowly turning into a skeptic, so far I have been objective and that means I am open for the possibilities of alien visitation but when looking at the night sky and seeing nothing unusual I wonder what the hell do you see,

are you on drugs, are you crazy? Didn't all gov officials and former employees, pilots etc just spreading
disinformation?

I am starting to question everything existing about it, I am tired of the same stories repeating over and over with no solid evidence, they are hiding something but they won't tell or be exposed. They win, congratulations, they keep the secret well, they win,

I am starting to doubt everything about UFOs and aliens other than the objects being real - abductions, alien encounters - get out fcking Schizophrenics!

That doesn't sound objective, it sounds pretentious.Doubting UFOs? You doubt that unidentified flying objects exist? As in objects in the sky that you can't identify? So you can identify everything in the sky at any given point in time? Oh boy. You can doubt aliens, but you can't doubt UFOs. Unidentified Flying Object. Get the definitions straight.

Assuming you are talking about aliens in flying craft visiting earth...
Objective = unbiased. If you think you are unbiased by hopping around with the belief that aliens don't exist that is just as bad as the people who hop around with the belief that they do exist. So no, you are not objective. You are still as biased as you were before.

How old are you to believe such stories? :/ fascinating or not, it is just fairly tales

Yes because nothing happens in this world unless Imtor was there firsthand to see it himself.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

hah, you're small potatos, sunshine. You weren't just asking about the image, you were contemplating their authenticity, I'll quote you if need be, and don't play it off as though you were making a joke, you were rude, pretentious, and ignorant.

When you f*&^ up, just owe up to it, its not like its a blight on your profile or something, we all make asses of ourselves at some point. Maybe you didn't have a coffee yet, or maybe you were just in a bad mood, but being a d*&^ is being a d*&^.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

I find that one of the many flaws in my personality, is that I seem to enjoy debating, even if its futile, and just creates more negativity. In this case, this silly situation is not worth two people slinging mud over, so I'm going to refrain from beating the dead horse, and urge you to do the same. I would like to slowly evolve beyond sitting at my PC arguing over something like this, when I should be having intellectual/spiritual/scientific/theoretical conversations with people from all over the world.

Besides, the topic is not being focused on, drama is. So I offer my (imaginary) hand out to you in friendship, and simply ask that you try to be a little more diplomatic to people like the OP, and I sir; will do the same.

Deal?

edit on 20-6-2012 by BS_Slayer because: all kinds of reasons.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Check out the third photo in the op, the footprint is clearly faked. This is a hoax story. What kind of a site is Who Forted anyway? Is it a comedy/parody website?
edit on 20/6/2012 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Check out the third photo in the op, the footprint is clearly faked. This is a hoax story. What kind of a site is Who Forted anyway? Is it a comedy/parody website?
Yeah, yeah the fake footprint... whatever...Who Forted?, angrywhitechick?, posters evolving? Intellecutal conversations with people all over the world! which web site are refering to? this one or who forted?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

If you read the comments on the site, I'm the one who said he was in contact with the KY Dept of Fish and Wildlife. I received a response from a Fish and Wildlife biologist today, who believes they are deer-tracks and "another object" making it appear as a single track.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I doubt this has anything to do with the Hopkinsville case.

First of all, Pike County is on the other side of the state from Hopkinsville. Second, the descriptions of the creatures are not the same.
edit on 20-6-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Let me guess: It never occured to them to put up cameras and film the intruders. Never.

So its another heresay story, with some rather shoddy looking footprint thrown in. For a humanoid, the aliens apparently weights nothing at the heel and walks by putting their foot straight down and liftning it straight up. Must look rather wierd. And they only have one collective foot and never make more footprints except that one.
edit on 21-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

You asked for Picts.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Have you done any reading on The Kelly-Hopkinsville "goblin" case? It is an incredible story you absolutely have to believe once you learn the details. This is a family of ma and pa kettle Appalachians, who wouldn't know how to make money off what happened to them, nor could they even understand the significance of it. They were just pissed off and shooting at the creatures. These are scary fairy's!

I don't know about these other recent cases...in fact the first pic of the shy white alien is a pretty old picture maybe taken out of context. I do not think that particular creature is a "goblin" type ET nor was it involved in the type hijinks mentioned in the Kelly Case. The Kelly Case... I believe.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
double poost.
edit on 21-6-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

link   

The goblin story you referenced would be terrifying, although I think I would have tried to communicate with them if they kept appearing at my windows. Spooky stuff. I dont even know what I would do in that case. probably the exact same, keep everyone inside, shoot at anything that moves. lol

link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

Stop lying and putting a meaning in my posts that I never had in mind. Seems you have never heard of an Isopod? At least this picture is real but colorified to look brown (at least I have worked with Image Modifications unlike you), like I said, since my early times when I admit - I believed a lot of things, I was curious if these could be pointed out as the original source, that's what this thread is about. Also did you miss the part in my previous part saying that I wasn't really thinking these were real and that my thoughts on the whole UFO subject have changed a lot since then.

You don't even know me, I've used programs that hoaxers sometimes use, and yet you attack me about things you do not understand, why I posted them and what for. Shut up and go away.

I find that one of the many flaws in my personality, is that I seem to enjoy debating, even if its futile, and just creates more negativity.

In other words you are arguing for the sake of arguing even when you are wrong? That's foolish, it's also known as [trolling]. If your parents have not taught you when to not argue, then too bad for your growing up.

reply to post by mr10k

You are right, I am starting to lose my objectivity towards the skeptical bias, that's what I am saying. I still have some objectivity left, I am still open to the possibilities of some other beings, however, some stories like Goblins... BS
edit on 21-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Have you done any reading on The Kelly-Hopkinsville "goblin" case? It is an incredible story you absolutely have to believe once you learn the details. This is a family of ma and pa kettle Appalachians...

Hopkinsville is not in Appalachia, but on the opposite side of Kentucky.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join