It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Will End On July 15th 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If this was true...I think the main stream media...would be all over it....and ...they are not.

Facebook is a cash cow for so many....it's staying.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Yeah, I can understand your frustration.
I would not want to inconvenience a two year olds fb account either.
There would be hell to pay.

Wow, you actually think I would make an account for my own daughter? No. It's for my account

Well, that is what you stated.......

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Yeah, I can understand your frustration.
I would not want to inconvenience a two year olds fb account either.
There would be hell to pay.

Wow, you actually think I would make an account for my own daughter? No. It's for my account

Well, that is what you stated.......

If you read it again, you would realize I was making a Timeline cover. Not facebook account. Meh, people jump to conclusions. I'm sure a lot of people would want to mock me for making an account for a two year old daughter which is actually what some people have done and I thought it was hilarious, especially for a newborn child.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

From your post:

I hope it is a hoax, I spent almost a three weeks making a new Timeline Cover for my 2 year old daughter and I would hate for all that work to go to waste.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Zuckerberg reportedly went on to explain that starting July 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts. That gives users (and Facebook addicts) a year to adjust to life without Facebook.

So I'm assuming this was written a year ago. That would have been your first clue there prophet. Facebook just went public...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

From your post:

I hope it is a hoax, I spent almost a three weeks making a new Timeline Cover for my 2 year old daughter and I would hate for all that work to go to waste.

I can see how you mistook it and thought I was making it for my daughter. Maybe what I should have said, "I spent almost three weeks making myself a new Timeline Cover for my daughter". Quite easy to take things out of context these days.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I would love for this to be true but, there is no way in hell facebook will shutdown. If Zuckerberg plans to step aside and relinquish his stake in the company he will leave a rich man and a major corp like Google will step in and take over the reigns.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Very well, I retract my statement, it was not my intention to take it out of context, just seeking clarity.
Forgive my ignorance to the inner workings of fb.

The problem with communication is the illusion that it succeeded.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is absolute bunk .. c'mon
they just bought up face.com, they recently bought up instagram .. and Mark himself doesn't do all of the hard work these days... he makes decisions but he has scores of programmers actually doing his bidding.. they wouldn't have just bought another company if they were planning to close their doors next month..

Plus they also apparently have their own mobile phone in development.. absolutely silly rumor.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

(and Facebook addicts)

i hope there really arent any people "addicted" to facebook
edit on 20-6-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker808

(and Facebook addicts)

i hope there really arent any people "addicted" to facebook
edit on 20-6-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

You'd be suprised. People are so addicted to facebook, that if it shut down you will find people running around the streets showing you their pictures and screaming "LIKE" my photo(s) please!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Very well, I retract my statement, it was not my intention to take it out of context, just seeking clarity.
Forgive my ignorance to the inner workings of fb.

The problem with communication is the illusion that it succeeded.

Don't worry it's ok. I knew it wasn't your intention to take it out of context, I mean I actually see how you got what you did from what I said.. I mean seriously, admit it, who can resist the oppurtinity in mocking someone who made a facebook account for their own child that doesn't even use a computer. It's just, hilarious and it's actually happened. Wish I could find that article of some parents making an account for their newborn, but can't find it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Can a single man shut down a publicly owned company? Is this even possible if the individual does have a controlling interest in the company?

I didn't think action like this was possible for a publicly held and traded company, without approval from the shareholders and board members.

Wouldn't it be breaking some sort of a law to announce something like this and/or follow through with it, potentially devaluing shareholders investments into facebook?

I am not the crunchiest chip in the bag, so I am probably wrong about this, but it just seemed like a few things that would be red flags right away.

Such a valuable company would never just go 'poof' and disappear. There would be talks and attempts to sell or buy the company or break it up, etc. It wouldn't just close the doors one day and fire everyone.

Almost crazy to believe it would even be possible for such a massive company to do this.

It would be like a single person operating a scam that has control of billions of dollars of investment money from thousands of people around the world and none of them suspicious about it at all.

That is crazy, it would never, ever, ever happen! How could it? Impossible to manipulate thousands of people and billions of dollars in scam run by a single man at the top, ludicrous to even imagine it possible...

Edit to Add:

Normally I don't ask for stars ever, but can someone star me to get me off 1,313 stars? Seems a little double unlucky and I could use a nice dose of good luck! HAHA, just kidding.... but, really...
edit on 20-6-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops and humor in bad taste

ETA again:

Thank you to who ever starred me and got me off of 1,313! on to bigger and better things - 1,314!!
edit on 20-6-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Would be great if it was closing down as it's a complete waste of time and energy and mind numbingly inane, boring and immature for anybody of any damn age. Even if it was true that Facebook was gonna close down, some other inane, boring and futile so called networking site would take it's place within seconds because people are scared to go out and talk and discuss ideas and thoughts with real people in the real world.......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join