It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Master of NSW & ACT, Edict against Esotericism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Recently, the Grand Master of New South Wales & Australian Capitol Territory Australia issued an edict against esotericism in Freemasonry in his Jurisdiction. In it he states that esoteric and occult subjects are "to be avoided as it has been and can be misconstrued to the detriment of the Craft". He opines that "Regular Freemasonry does not permit within it any form of esotericism which encompasses or tends towards – occultism, sorcery, alchemy, astrology, profane mysticism, transcendentalism, supernaturalism, druidism, rosicrucianism, satanism or any concept or movement related to any of these" and that exposition of these subjects is forbidden "whether the Lodge be open, adjourned, at refreshment or closed or at any connected or associated Lodge function should be deemed irregular and is strictly forbidden". He threatens with Masonic Jurisprudence, "[a]ny breach of this Edict constitutes serious unmasonic conduct and shall be treated accordingly".

My question to those of religious affiliation who are opposed to the Freemasons on the grounds of esotericism is whether such an edict affects your opinion of Freemasonry in New South Wales and why? Further I would ask the Brethren for their opinion of the edict of the GM of NSW and ACT. Obviously, the edict of a Grand Master only affects the Brethren of that Jurisdiction, but what would you think if it was in your own Jurisdiction?

Grand Master of NSW & ACT, Edict against esotericism

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

In my opinion, the attempt by he MWGM of NSW & ACT to stifle the free thought and speech of the Brethren is un-Masonic. If it were my Jurisdiction and if I had a vote in GL or any friendships with those in GL I would support free thinking Brethren in the hopes that the edict would be reversed. If after some time had passed and it was clear I was getting nowhere I would likely dimit from the Jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Seeing as how there is a masonic Rosicrucian society, I find it very odd that they would be specifically listed.
This is against the free thinking, study any and all sacred texts, aspect that I thought freemasonry was for.

maybe the GM is a closet Fundie. If so, his edict will be overturned in the next year. I would be very interested to hear the reasoning for this.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So much for the fundies' hypothesis that "high ranking Masons" hold all the occult secrets!

I have to say, this is almost laughable:

Regular Freemasonry does not permit within it any form of esotericism which encompasses or tends towards – occultism, sorcery, alchemy, astrology, profane mysticism, transcendentalism, supernaturalism, druidism, rosicrucianism, satanism or any concept or movement related to any of these. The presentation, endorsement and/or promotion of such subjects in any Lodge holding under the UGL of NSW and ACT whether the Lodge be open, adjourned, at refreshment or closed or at any connected or associated Lodge function should be deemed irregular and is strictly forbidden.

It is true that Freemasonry does not permit, within its body, sorcery or satanism.

BUT:

Supernaturalism? Doesn't each lodge in New South Wales open and close with prayer? Ummmm.....THAT'S SUPERNATURALISM!

What the hell is "profane mysticism"? Or "druidism", for that matter?

Transcendentalism? Really?????

How did this moron become Grand Master?
edit on 20-6-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
In my opinion, esotericism, occultism, alchemy and mystecism are an integral part of Freemasonry - well to me, at least.

I would certainly demit from that constitution without hesitation. I would not even wait to see if the edict was reversed.

I agree with MasonicLight that the Grand Master should never have become the Grand Master. In fact, he probably shouldn't even be a Mason.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Does this GM even know the deep aspects of the Order?

Things that are hidden are of the utmost importance in the masonic journey. My feelinghave been summed up fairly well by ML and Saurus, without the occult and the esoteric, the Masonic journey isnt the masonic journey.

Needless to say, i feel as if this GM is stifling the ability of Masons in his district to truly explore their spirituality and individual quests for enlightenment.

How can you seperate these things from Freemasonry? It makes no sense at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

It really is a sad state to see this edict.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Good. It has begun. This is unstoppable.

Bring out the swords and slay your brother... Well turn them into plowshares later. What arch can stand without the key stone?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Magpie Mason said... Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd rather the brethren study geometry than satanism and sorcery. Jay

I guess it would be better to just use the public opinion of a subject than to actually understand it. Public opinion is usually spot on anyway.

So if magpie mason reads this, yep, your crazy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Bring out the swords and slay your brother... Well turn them into plowshares later. What arch can stand without the key stone?

No way! If I slayed my brother, my alignment would turn from good to evil and I would become a fallen Paladin and I couldn't wield my +5 Holy Defender anymore!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Masons have enjoyed a veritible circle jerk for several thousand years. Now is the time when that ends and their temple crumbles

God does not and has not existed for all this time... Untill all masons are antitheists they are missing their keystone.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Oh! I thought we were playing Dungeons and Dragons.
(puts his dragon dice away)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Masons have enjoyed a veritible circle jerk for several thousand years.

You sound upset that you were not at the center of the circle.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Youll understand why soon enough.

When you see your brothers faith rot them from the inside out. I garantee you the things i purpose will have their time.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Lol at you.

Dork.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I garantee you the things i purpose will have their time.

You have not made any proposals, only obnoxious non-sequitors.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Things that are hidden are of the utmost importance in the masonic journey.

I think this is where the problem is. In putting trust in this dark and mystic world you are left exposed to the deceptions that these holders of secrets have. As very few if any understand, there is no support with the problems faced. In looking at the state of the world and where all these secrets are taking us, it is our own extermination.

When you sign up to the dark side you get the tools and instruments of pain and death, in killing this world you are only and eventually killing yourself at the same time. It is quite a scam.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is awesome. Sounds like he's trying to kick all the idol worshiping, grail searching, pipe smoking, incense burning, chalk pentagram drawing, goat slaying, inverted cross wearing wackos out of his lodge!

So many occultists think they're God and go around spewing bile about how much of a better life they lead than everyone and how much more they know about life.

Hopefully it catches on. Do it in your own home but don't go wearing it around town like your favorite coat.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Just because its hidden its automatically dark and mystic? Not really.

Do you understand the structure of freemasonry? Do you understand what we are even talking about?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Do you? it is hidden.

What I understand is that there are wars going on, economies in trouble and social standards on the decline. If these hidden secrets where so great then way all this mess? If these hidden secrets are so great then why not share them and let everyone reach their potential?

It is because these hidden secrets are not so great as the secrets just get deeper, darker and more dehumanising. People have been conned in the search for hidden power and control. In their desire to gain more control over others, they lose less control of themselves.

While the secrets maybe hidden, the repercussions are not. The agenda is clear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join