It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Ron Paul run as a Libertarian, is it too late?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
With Dems. and Reps. that have turned our political system into a quick talking scheme to sway supporters into supporting their rhetoric that is pumped into our heads for months until we are sick of it and just want it to end. Yet we do this every four years, which twists and strains our system even more. It has been going on for the past two hundred years in this manner without much respected revision! Is it too late for that someone to make a stand?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why would he? He's not a Libertarian. He's a Republican. The only difference between Ron and his son is that Rand is honest about his allegiance to the party.

Gary Johnson is closer to an actual Libertarian, yet the Paul-bots refuse to give him the time of day.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Johnson is running on the Libertarian ticket, so RP will not be able to.

As a side note: I get tired of people calling RP supporters "bots" or other crap like that.

Many of us support RP very passionately, but would bail on RP if he swayed from his platform at all. No "bot" would do that and I think it is short-sighted to call his supporters that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Johnson is running on the Libertarian ticket, so RP will not be able to.

As a side note: I get tired of people calling RP supporters "bots" or other crap like that.

Many of us support RP very passionately, but would bail on RP if he swayed from his platform at all. No "bot" would do that and I think it is short-sighted to call his supporters that.

Who are really the bots? Paul supporters, or Romney and Obama supporters?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

RP supporters should be backing Gary Johnson.

Period.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by sheepslayer247

RP supporters should be backing Gary Johnson.

Period.

Sounds like you have a lot of reasoning behind saying that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Not if they do not agree with his ideology or platform. Personally, I like Johnson but he lacks the confidence to step-up on a world stage and lead America back to where it should be.

For RP or Johnson to win the presidency would require that they be prepared for a battle of epic proportions once they are in office. RP can handle that....no problem. Johnson was sweating like a pig at a frickin' Republican debate! How will he be able to take on the establishment?

Big difference between the two. RP is ready for the big time. Johnson is not.

edit on 20-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by sonnny1

Not if they do not agree with his ideology or platform. Personally, I like Johnson but he lacks the confidence to step-up on a world stage and lead America back to where it should be.

For RP or Johnson to win the presidency would require that they be prepared for a battle of epic proportions once they are in office. RP can handle that....no problem. Johnson was sweating like a pig at a frickin' Republican debate! How will he be able to take on the establishment?

Big difference between the two. RP is ready for the big time. Johnson is not.

RP isnt going to run Independent.

That's all that needs to be said.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What would be the point? He wouldn't win.

Also, he wants the speaking space at the RNC for Rand or himself.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I thought Ron Paul dropped out from the race after those comments made by Rand.

So, he's still running?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You may be right, but that just means that I will get to stay home on election day. Romney can kiss my backside!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

No...he's not still running....more like crawling....with people kicking him all the way

Sorry...I couldnt resist..

(Hiya MH!)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He always has run as a libertarian. You mean independent?

It's too late IMO.

Just, for the love of God, please let him speak at the convention.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
He couldn't even if he wanted to. States, ones required to win general elections have sore loser laws that prevent a loser from a presidential run from either parties from running as a 3rd party candidate after losing the other parties nomination.

He can't, so no he won't

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
He couldn't even if he wanted to. States, ones required to win general elections have sore loser laws that prevent a loser from a presidential run from either parties from running as a 3rd party candidate after losing the other parties nomination.

He can't, so no he won't

sore loser laws???

So why such a big deal on finding out if he was gonna run third party?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
What would be the point? He wouldn't win.

Also, he wants the speaking space at the RNC for Rand or himself.

It doesn't matter if third party candidates win. That's the biggest myth. Just getting enough attention and votes is a success because it puts a ton of pressure on the republicans and democrats to adopt policies that threaten them. This happened with slavery, women's rights, child labor and many more. Abraham Lincoln won as a third party candidate when the two main parties were the Democrats and the Whigs, but typically third parties aren't trying to win necessarily.

Check this out: usgovinfo.about.com...

I voted for Ralph Nader last election. This year it will be Green Party candidate Jill Stein: Jill Stein on CNN
edit on 21-6-2012 by Synergy23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join