It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The drones you REALLY need to worry about

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
isn't that everybody's dream. having a radio controlled fly that can see pamela anderson soaping her body in the bathtub.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Hmm.I've never thought about that.Scary indeed.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hi people.

The real problem would be if Pharmaceutic companies use only one of these "drones" successfully to start "a new global disease" that will have to be deal with "a new and groundbreaking vaccine" of "nanobots".... Even government has some limits to their "initiatives"....

And of course I´m not saying it will happen tomorow, and that robo-insect image could well be CGI, but if in my ignorant mind that idea appears, what could we expect from the guys who do this kind of "brainstorming" on a daily basis?....

10 years? 20 from now?

Crap....we´re really f***ed up...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I just assume I am being watched and listened to now. Outside or inside my house is not safe from prying eyes anymore. I am just another person on a list like the rest of you because I voiced my opinions on a conspiracy website that is monitored by big brother.

Now it is more important to watch and listen to citizens than to use our resources to solve problems involved in food production or pollution. Our rivers get more contaminated every year and our oceans are barren in places that used to support abundant sea life. Our gulf has been contaminated so that existing fisheries are shut down due to genetic defects and contamination.

We spend time and money keeping tabs on people who speak out against the status quo instead of concentrating our resources on solving problems.

Maybe if we were not so concerned about being the world police and starting conflicts in the middle east to steal property away from existing regimes we would have the time and money to find solutions to some of our problems.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Okay, thank you for the link...
Now I am completely freaked the heck out.....

I have a family member who owns a business (name withheld) that specializes in engineering these drones.......
This truly upsets me.....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Besides Ron Paul our politicians wipe their Arses with that paper.

In college the gov't gave our engineering department some $ to develop Fish drones. That was approximately 15 years ago.

edit on 21-6-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I've seen these bigger drones outside my house before, they were watching me, the police said there was nothing there - but there definitely was.

That is pretty scary though.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think you're right, which is why that image isn't in the original article any longer. The Mosquito album post was made in 2007, so that tells me the original image is probably just CG and who knows what its original use was, if more than just someone being creative.

I am not suggesting that these types of drones aren't being used because obviously, the technology (as much as it makes me shiver!) exists, but I think that particular image was just used as an example or something. It's bad enough that we have ones big enough we can see but I don't know what I'd do if I discovered a bug-sized robot on me. I shudder to think of the things that could be done with them in the wrong hands.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hopefully, one day the PEOPLE will be able to use a "fly drone" to spy on the Robber Barons when they plot and give their pet politicians their marching orders.

The only reason that the ENRON case was brought is because some hero recorded the conversations where their executives were bragging and cracking jokes about how they'd engineered to "rip off granny and throw her in the street because she couldn't afford her power bills."

Imagine looking over the shoulders of the Koch brothers when they organize the response of Governors to cripple state budgets and blame the victims.

Sure -- I've worried about these spy drones -- but I'm also hoping that one day they provide and opportunity. The conscientious protestors have to watch out for their strategies to get ruined - but the robber barons have to watch out that the public doesn't realize that it's time for the "French Solution.' Forget protests, or boycotts -- what true patriots need to do is to get a hold of a spy fly and sharpen their guillotines.

The wealthy who play us against each other and like to pretend we need to fear some blowback from Al Qaeda, aren't going to do a dang thing to stop the hemorrhaging until they fear for their own welfare. If we can get their private schemes on record -- they can't hire enough bloggers and shills to repair their reputations.
edit on 21-6-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: changed a sentence for clarity

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
So they has been a lot of talk about drones lately. And the implications these eyes-in-the-sky will have on our privacy, etc.

Well the REAL drones we need to worry about aren't getting nearly enough attention, and I've been trying to explain for a while. The real menaces are not the big predator or reaper drones, there Micro Drones.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Article shows a picture of what I'm talking about. These drones are no bigger than a common house fly. You would have no way of knowing they are even there. Yet they can fly into your house, sit on a wall and watch and listen to anything going on.

As the article states, in 2007, these insect drones were deployed to spy on anti-war protesters in America. And they have also been used at nuclear facilities in Iran.

Maybe I'm paranoid but a tiny mosquito drone seems like it has the potential to do far more to erode privacy than a big predator drone.

Just image if police used these drones instead of "informants" and such. The possibilities are endless.

Aww shoot I thought you were going to tell us about the human drones invading the activist scene and contributing to the zombie revolution.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Three pages in and no one has made mention of Crichton's last book, "Micro"? It was a great read, and dealt with this exact subject matter. The book dealt with the miniaturization process a little differently than reality, but hey that's just good fiction.

The part that scares me is the idea of mounting weapons on these things. Sure, weapons that small may not seem like they can do much.. But a tiny blade attached to the tip of an insect sized robot could tear your skin open, allowing the bot to crawl in, and puree you from the inside out. Slowly.

Now imagine hordes of microbots, all with tiny little blades, swarming around groups of people doing just that. They would be devastating, physically and mentally, to whoever they were released on. Imagine the control that the person in power of these tiny little machines would be able to exert? It's a terrifying thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but maybe they have another purpose? Like injecting chips into unwilling people? That would be my guess if they are real.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wonder how sensitive they would be to EMF, whether they could be damaged by a mild pulse or crossing into a powerfull field.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by Ml5edtoDeath

These robots are inorganic though. You'd have to check and see if normal bugs give off a smell that attracts the iguana's or something.

Haha OR if the iguana DOESN'T eat the bug its a robot!

actually it would be an instinctive swat or tounge snap by the lizard. I would liken it to fishing for spawning salmon because the salmon aren't feeding but they have a natural instinctive move to eat a bug......

found that out salmon fishing in upstate NY on the Oswego River....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There may be even cyborg miniature drones, part machine, part insect:

In the not-to-distant future, bug-eyed assassins and their cyber-drone cousins could swarm against command and control targets, including the leaders of rogue governments.

Link

The mechanical fly with the syringe would make a perfect assassin, no fuss, no muss. If you got the bug away from the crime scene, you would have total deniability. You would use non-traceable drugs giving one a "heart attack" of course.

It looks like we're catching up to, and maybe even surpassing the science fiction "hunter seekers" of Dune:

edit on 21-6-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zecharia
I wonder how sensitive they would be to EMF, whether they could be damaged by a mild pulse or crossing into a powerfull field.

that would be the best defense. I wonder if they can be powered by RFID technology

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

First off, I'm not overly religious and I am usually a lurker. I know there are those who hate when religion is brought into a thread, BUT, these things give me a really uneasy feeling. I can't help but think of the plague of locusts mentioned in the Bible and how these might relate to that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

those pigeons out on the power lines

that cockroach that just flew in thru the window?

MAV's

start building your own

diydrones.com...

Build yourself a Drone NOW (before they become illegal)

Francis Fukuyama isn't your standard tech guy. He's a policy guy at Stanford that writes hefty books on very philosophical topics. That's why his detailed blog post on his efforts to build a surveillance drone are so cool. Here's a little video of the test of his drone outside of his office at Stanford. youtu.be...

Fukuyama

Francis makes two simple observations that are worth repeating. Here's the first one:

"I don’t have to spell out the implications of this. I want to have my drone before the government makes them illegal."

The Inevitable Ban on Drone Tech

I agree with Francis, it's pretty clear that drones will become illegal sooner than later. Let me run through a scenario for you. I'm going to have some fun with it:

The ban will likely start by closing down the drone flight amateur loophole -- under 400ft, line of site, away from built up areas (which Francis obviously violated with his test flight). You will need a license to fly even small drones. Commercial licenses will be very restrictive (right now it's illegal to take pictures from a drone for commercial purposes).

However, that's not going to last. There will be too many violations as people build and use drones without regard to the legal restrictions. It will then be made illegal to own a drone w/o a very restrictive license.

Of course, that won't last long either. People will continue to build and use them using generic parts. This technology will prove way to useful and too easy to access. At that point, like we have seen recently with efforts to put limits on general purpose computing (ACTA, SOPA, etc.), we are going to see the following:

Bans on general purpose robotic technology from hardware to software.
Controls on general purpose fabrication technology (since parts can be made with these technologies). There will be lots of support from commercial patent and copyright holders for government bans on 3D fabrication.
Controls on people that know how to build drones. Dangerous people must be tracked and monitored (I had a physics teacher once who designed nuclear bombs, he couldn't travel more than 50 miles w/o government authorization -- it would be much easier to do that for many more people now using modern tech).

Now, all of these steps will accelerate to the end point if a single terrorist incident is based on drone tech.

So, what should you do?

Build yourself a drone. Before they are made illegal.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Nothing a typical mosquito net wont catch
But then again, perhaps some have the ability to cut through such material to gain entry into the said premises of said target... And the supposed ability to attach a syringe and whatnot to the fly, assassination, RFID injection, or forced vaccination. There is an upside to this technology for the right purposes, but spying on people is not one of them. Suddenly, you have people becoming more "allergic" to "bee stings" that are in the hospital, mind befuddled and body crippled from an unknown venom, those of which affected are free-thinkers, government enemies, and the like.

However...It would be effective to counter these by having magnets embedded in the walls every 5 inches.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A while back I did a thread that touched on some of this high tech spy bots. I thought it to be very interesting back then and even wondered how many of us have already been within swatting distance to a high tech spy bot?

I bet the number would be higher than initially imagined. On the other hand, it would be cool to have a few of the tiny insect bots... I'd finally be able to play out the invasion of alien insects with my micro machines!

Here is a link to a similar spy tech insect

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join