It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The drones you REALLY need to worry about

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So they has been a lot of talk about drones lately. And the implications these eyes-in-the-sky will have on our privacy, etc.

Well the REAL drones we need to worry about aren't getting nearly enough attention, and I've been trying to explain for a while. The real menaces are not the big predator or reaper drones, there Micro Drones.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Article shows a picture of what I'm talking about. These drones are no bigger than a common house fly. You would have no way of knowing they are even there. Yet they can fly into your house, sit on a wall and watch and listen to anything going on.

As the article states, in 2007, these insect drones were deployed to spy on anti-war protesters in America. And they have also been used at nuclear facilities in Iran.

Maybe I'm paranoid but a tiny mosquito drone seems like it has the potential to do far more to erode privacy than a big predator drone.

Just image if police used these drones instead of "informants" and such. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Those would be a serious intrusion on the rights granted us by the US constitution.

S&F.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

in the picture it looks like the fly has a tiny syringe!

they would use it to take a small blood sample and get the dna from someone!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe there has been so much drone press lately because we are being programmed how to think about what is coming. Perhaps there is going to be a lot of air traffic of a questionable nature in the near future and TPTB want the general pop to dismiss this as "just drones". Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I got my fly swatter ready!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
So they has been a lot of talk about drones lately. And the implications these eyes-in-the-sky will have on our privacy, etc.

Well the REAL drones we need to worry about aren't getting nearly enough attention, and I've been trying to explain for a while. The real menaces are not the big predator or reaper drones, there Micro Drones.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Article shows a picture of what I'm talking about. These drones are no bigger than a common house fly. You would have no way of knowing they are even there. Yet they can fly into your house, sit on a wall and watch and listen to anything going on.

As the article states, in 2007, these insect drones were deployed to spy on anti-war protesters in America. And they have also been used at nuclear facilities in Iran.

Maybe I'm paranoid but a tiny mosquito drone seems like it has the potential to do far more to erode privacy than a big predator drone.

Just image if police used these drones instead of "informants" and such. The possibilities are endless.

attach cyanide,hemo poison or anthrax on one of those.

extremely troubling.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I was at that anti-war march in Sept. '07 when someone I was there with reported seeing them. I rather chuckled at the idea but I don't find it laughable anymore.
This is not only a serious threat to privacy but to our safety as well. There's no reason they can't use drones this size to inject someone with a lethal dose of whatever cocktail the CIA deems applicable.
I even had a nightmare about a swarm of these chasing me one night.
Maybe I was seeing the future?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
seems like an effective way to infiltrate an enemies underground nuclear facilities

maybe distract them by allowing a larger drone to be captured at the same time. just sayin'

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I am both fascinated and fearful of this technology.

I mean, how cool is it that we can now make machines that mimic bugs!

But then there is that human mind behind them that makes it scary.

Then again, using these things to infiltrate a Killer Bee nest and kill them off? Orkin pest control drones?

Many tech leaps have warfare origins, but are adapted to peaceful means that we use in daily life nowadays.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wish i could catch a few of these they loo cool. Cool but evil....id trap it and show it goatse, 2g1c....hahaha

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is insane!

Look at that thing. The perfect spy.
Reminds me of the one from the second transformer movie.
I can't wait to buy some and control them from my iPhone 8.

And something tells me that tech is out and in use.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ricin. Just a tiny bit injected by one of those is enough to kill.

Fastest Acting Most Lethal Poison

The most famous case of ricin poisoning was the 1978 assassination of Bulgarian dissident Georgi Markov, who was killed James Bond-style by a poke from an umbrella rigged to inject him with a tiny pellet of the toxin. Naturally there's no antidote.

I can see CIA killing people left and right with these babies.
Perfect delivery system.

OBTW if the CIA is reading this. Hire me

edit on 20-6-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Or how about scopolamine? It is a ruffie-like drug that keeps you completely conscious, but makes you completely unable to resist, and in all cases completely willing to comply, with any outside force.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I know! That syringe at the end was what REALLY freaked me out.

There are claims that the US has the DNA of a lot of the Iranian scientists to identify them. It was said that they got it by hacking files under the "Flame" program but the picture of this drone makes me wonder!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The REAL goal is to make them small enough that the drones could enter your blood stream.

It's all part of the push for nano technology. Swallow a pill containing a million tiny robots.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Yeah but Scopolomine you would have to administer in a larger dose.
The ricin kills with an amount the size of a head of a pin.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

People have been dosed with scopolamine by accidentally breathing some in from an opened map from about a foot away

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
The REAL goal is to make them small enough that the drones could enter your blood stream.

It's all part of the push for nano technology. Swallow a pill containing a million tiny robots.....

please don't give them ideas.

i mean, im sure they are already doing it.

i do not give them permission to do that to me though!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This is insane!

Look at that thing. The perfect spy.
Reminds me of the one from the second transformer movie.
I can't wait to buy some and control them from my iPhone 8.

And something tells me that tech is out and in use.

How about keeping iguanas and crickets in your house to take out these drone bugs?

Mark my works, in ten years there be trained security iguanas being deployed as counter surveillance.

BTW if crazy government scientists design this technology to kill people, it will only a matter of time for politicians and civil servants get a taste of their own medicine.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Ml5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ml5edtoDeath

These robots are inorganic though. You'd have to check and see if normal bugs give off a smell that attracts the iguana's or something.

Haha OR if the iguana DOESN'T eat the bug its a robot!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join