It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Religions: Please Share Your Wisdom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by maes9

antichrist cannot b the world when the christ is an individual living above it, stupid opportunist
antichrist must b an absolute powerful freedom like satanic powers which can break through true freedom sources

that is why, miss hypocrit, in the bible it is clearly said that the antichrist is who proclaim being the christ

so ur style supporting ur boss jesus in his boss king of satans ones which bring it back to u again n ur spiritual kind of heads life unphysical nature

yes most likely you are right but even if we accept that anti_christ is an individual, it doesnt collide with this issue that we can detect it's system. it can not come and say, hey I am the anti_christ. it should have an universal system to gradually control the world and to make his new world order.
I am so suspecious about the masonic symboles that are all over the world. the square and compass and some sort of pyramids and Columns and that left glowing eye that are on US one dollar and in many europian squares and the same in the middle east. those are like Pharaohs' pyramids and I know that muslims have been stoning such symbols in their religion cermonies as symbols of satan for thousands years. this secret society(wikipedia thinks it is not secret now!) even have their untold religion called cabala that is more like magician beliefs of the time of Pharaohs. there are so much films that are produced by the subject of magician and a complex of fury and sex, in Hollywood and others. I know these are odd but something is happening in this world.
edit on 22-6-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
I've always sat on the fence about God, I believe something exists. I have had personal experiences, that validated something special for me regaurding heaven.

In 2002 my aunt passed away of cancer, she was a very nice woman, always smiling, very cheerful. It shocked our family because she passed within 3months of being diagnosed and was only 52. One night after she passed, I was lucid dreaming, in this dream my room was identical to it normally was. I was awakened by an angry woman near my window, and a angry male who was stuck half way through my floor. They told me they been in my room for 2 days screaming at me to help them, but I ignored them. They wanted help because they couldn't move from that spot. Just as they spoke, my aunt walked in. She motioned for the three of us to follow her, we walked out my door into a very beautiful place. The two others ran off, but my aunt talked with me. She told me this was our home, and that she lived in a marble mansion by a river. After I hugged her and cried, she said "in heaven we have many mansions" and she disappeared, I was back in my room sitting upright, with tears, wide awake.

A couple years later, I finally picked up a bible, and found that statement. I'm not religious, I have no clue what is out there, but this experience was profound. If there is a God, he allowed me to have one last experience with someone I love, and that meant the world to me.

I expect to be bashed by someone for bringing this up.
edit on 21-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

Dreams are incredibly powerful aren't they?

I am happy for you that you got to experience some type of interaction with her, it was obviously a very powerful and moving experience. I have had all kinds of strange dreams throughout my life, and sometimes I have even had dreams that were completely overwhelming even though nothing overwhelming occurred in them. Its as if the brain/soul? is trying to point out something super-relevant via the emotion involved, which for me is often a sense of awe.

The last time this occurred to me, I found myself standing outside in the backyard of the house I grew up in. It must have been 3-4:00 am in the morning. I was completely naked, and baffled as to why I was out there. I wasn't cold, or uncomfortable in any way, and aside from the weirdness of it, there wasn't anything you could say was remarkable about it the description itself... but somehow I was in a state of awe. I have no history at all of sleepwalking, and I did wake up in the morning in my own bed, so I wasn't out there literally (as far as I can tell)...

The thing that gets me, is that I remember it more like an actual memory, and not as much like I remember dreams. For some reason, my mind felt that it was somehow important enough for me to not forget it, as simple as it sounds.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

Hey BS Slayer,

Thats pretty intresting dream, did anything happen to you prior, where you felt exposed, embarassed? Sometimes it mirrors whats happening in your life.

Lucid dreaming happened more when I was under intense stress most of the time it was fun. The worst experience I had was on Easter morning back when I was 5. I woke up that morning to find the sun shining, I sat up in bed to see my father, dressed in his suit, with a brief case, wearing black netting over his face, walk into my closet. He ignored me, I kept yelling for him. Then my mother walked out, wearing a blue dress and the same netting. I started to get freaked out, so I became caught up in my covers and fell to my floor. When I did, under the bed became a swamp, and a alligator was snapping at my leg. I saw my leg be taken off, and then I woke up, on the floor exactly as I fell in my dream.

My home life at 5 was depressing, my parents were always fighting, and us kids were either ignored, or lashed out at. I had a series of dreams as a child where I was in distress, and within the dream my parents either took joy, or ignored my pain. In waking life they never seemed as cruel (with the exception of my mother) just stressed. I see dreams as a pressure release valve, for what is no tolerable in waking life.

I see God as the force, maybe it can oneday be explained by science. I don't think we wil ever truly know the answer.
edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Heya Kat,

What a dream....sounds like it was fairly intense. I have had dreams of losing body parts before, its a very strange feeling to say the least. As far as feeling exposed in mine, I am generally not uncomfortable about being nude, though that isn't to say I'm ready to strip naked and jump on a forklift and work lol. I think most of us are at least a little bit shielded in that regard, but me less than most.

I distinctly remember it was a relatively good summer during that time, so I don't know if the dream was a manifestation of some type of anxiety. The other thing is that I wasn't terribly uncomfortable as much as weirded out, and sort of in awe. Not in awe because I was naked at night outside (you'd think that would do it lol) but perhaps to some other part of the dream that maybe I just don't remember.

Its not a very sensical dream, and I almost never have nightmares, but somehow my dreams almost always involve relatively low-key situations, with unusually profound overtones. I'm not sure if I even make sense when I say that, but am unable to really explain it. :/

I agree with you about not ever really knowing the answer....I don't see what the point of being alive would be if there wasn't much to look forward to.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeprodigy
I went to heaven and talked to I believe God he did not tell me his name because I was so overwhelmed I didn't ask him. But explained the meaning of life and the way of life of all the living in the flesh. and what was going to happen one day, when the Kingdom comes. God also said that the reason it can't come in now is because the collective spirit of this earth blocks it. But when we learn how to truly love one another the kingdom will come.

I only want to explain more if you want.
edit on 20-6-2012 by mikeprodigy because: add

I want. Please continue.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks
reply to post by smyleegrl

Firstly, do a little study on the net about "Sacred Geometry" and The Golden Ratio" .
That will help you understand what follows.

O.K. here's what I found out for myself:
"The Golden Ratio" gives us the following anagrams:

I'd let a throne go

And I got the role

The "One God" trail

The "God One" trial

Tho God, tree nail

The God nail tore

O the legion dart

The Latin gored

Digging a little deeper I found that an anagram for "The path to enlightenment" is:
"NOTE PHI LENGTH MATH TENET" (PHI is the Golden Ratio!)

And of course If one were to anagram "Ask and you shall receive"
One would get: "A Heavenly Lord cues; I ask!"

And soooo much more! Weeeee! so much fun!
Hoooray for Easter Eggs!

Bet it doesn't work in Swahili. Or spanish. Or Farsi.
Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Share it if you've got it!

If the goal is to determine if God exists, then we need both sides, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I feel I should share a little more info about my personal search.

I mentioned I've been searching for a long time; that's true. I actually got my undergrad degree in theology, studied baptist history and theology at Oxford, even had a couple of papers published. So that's my background, one of theological critique and comparative religions.

The hypocrisy I see with ALL religions is very disheartening. At the same time, religions are of man and everything manmade is inherently flawed.

I believe, without a doubt, that if God exists, he is unknowable by our current understanding.

I used to fear death and the "what next"...had five family members die within a couple of years. It was terrible, especially since I no longer had the comfort of heaven to console me. One day I lost it and spent about five hours in tearful entreaty to....something. Was I talking to myself? To God? To those who'd passed on?

I don't know, but afterwards a great feeling of peace came over me. I can't really describe it; just a sense that things were as they should be. It was a relief, that feeling.

I still feel that way...like there's a purpose to everything and no matter what we go through here, in the end it really will be okay.

I wish I knew why I felt that way.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
One day while Moses was wondering in the wilderness God came unto him and said Moses, if it wasent for me you wouldnt exist. Moses replied back to God and said God, if it wasent for me you wouldnt be known. It would seem reasonible to think that God wouldnt create existence so he could exist himself in it.
there for I can only come to the conclusion that God doesnt exist in existence which can only mean that god IS existence. Looks like Moses was wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by mikeprodigy
I went to heaven and talked to I believe God he did not tell me his name because I was so overwhelmed I didn't ask him. But explained the meaning of life and the way of life of all the living in the flesh. and what was going to happen one day, when the Kingdom comes. God also said that the reason it can't come in now is because the collective spirit of this earth blocks it. But when we learn how to truly love one another the kingdom will come.

I only want to explain more if you want.
edit on 20-6-2012 by mikeprodigy because: add

I want. Please continue.

I have a question (mikeprodigy) how can you call that God when you do not know his name. do you know what d it means, it means you are a prophet. you are not, are you!? God is far superior that what we do think. our wisdom can not understand the nature of God. we are amazed about the space and it's misteries so how can we understand the nature of it's creator. we can just understand it's existence and it's charactristics (all of them by help of our wisdom even not just our feelings)
let me tell you a story. it is common in christianity to call jesus the son of God. that is because in the past (and even now) it is usual to identify a person by his fathers name. saying that a person does not have a father, is considered an insult. but we do know that Jesus birth was a miracle. it is not that odd. you can see many insects can bear child without any sex, like Aphid. and scientifically it is not impossible that a woman can bear child without any sex while we are aware of God's power. (I do not want to advertise anything just saying that all monotheistic religions are of a one origin.) it is interesting that how Quran insisted that Jesus is the son of Maryam, while praising Maryam as a great woman and pious and does not consider that an insult. do you know why? it's logic is that when you say that Jesus is the son of God, maybe you know what you are saying but there are many persons that would think that God is a human and like me and you needs a son and .... and this is contrary to monotheism.
edit on 22-6-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
im afraid that, in my opinion, religion and wisdom are mutually exclusive.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
One day while Moses was wondering in the wilderness God came unto him and said Moses, if it wasent for me you wouldnt exist. Moses replied back to God and said God, if it wasent for me you wouldnt be known. It would seem reasonible to think that God wouldnt create existence so he could exist himself in it.
there for I can only come to the conclusion that God doesnt exist in existence which can only mean that god IS existence. Looks like Moses was wrong.

""" God doesnt exist in existence which can only mean that god IS existence.""" this sentence has a great philosophy in it and it is one of the most powerfull theory among some philosophers. but it is to mention that God does not need Moses. if not Moses he could speak to another person. as all Abraham and noah and ..... are all his messengers. this is Moses, me and you that need God. and Moses would never speak so arrogantly with it's Lord.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

How about spirituality instead of religion?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wisdom:

Try not to treat your fellow humans poorly and everybody will be a lot better off. And you may earn a chance at some cushy reward after you die, but don't count on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Actually, I kind of dislike that vague, fluffy term for something that is very poorly defined. What does "spirituality" even mean? That you go around feeling all airy and floaty and superior while subtly putting down old school religious folk? Seems awfully self-centered to me. No thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

good wording. but what should we count on then!? I want to enjoy everything in this world. may be there are some people that do good just for goodness. but there are some people that can not understand anything but praise and punishment.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

edit on 22-6-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by RoScoLaz

this is a false statement. religion is somehow your lifestyle. the way you live the way you think the way you breath is your religion. if you are atheist that is your religion. ok I think you are speaking about spirituality experiences as you are so interested in dreams. well once in my dream I saw that an accident would happen for my sister and it happend the next week. I do not disagree with dreams but do them fulfil our needs. and how religions can be comparable to dreams!? religion is a guidance. instructions for life.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes9
good wording. but what should we count on then!? I want to enjoy everything in this world. may be there are some people that do good just for goodness. but there are some people that can not understand anything but praise and punishment.

Try to stay away from those people. Yes, there is a large percentage of the human population that is not operating on a level much higher than that of dumb animals. But I don't think religion keeps them in line. Fear of punishment in an afterlife doesn't hold much weight if you don't have the brains to even imagine an afterlife. So we have laws. And if these people disobey the laws, they get separated from the rest of us in prisons so we don't have to hide from them. It's not a perfect system, because somebody has to be victimized before the law takes effect. But until we can detect and destroy dangerous, sociopathic people in the womb, that's what we're stuck with.

edit on 22-6-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join