It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Religions: Please Share Your Wisdom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Jesus said that God is spirit and truth.

Logically, we are all an expression of the same center and source as a first/last cause, which is ever present. Modern physics suggests that to be is to be percieved and that everything that is arises, falls and rises again within the context of a fully informed akashic field or zero point field, and where the universe is comprised of information, this field of absolute truth has had plenty of time to becom self-aware.

So if you wish to find God, still the mind and look deep within beyond the personality, and note how alive and pregnant with awareness that field is, whereby we, the human form is the latest and greatest expression of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process.

There is also humor there, at the end of the program, where self ends and God begins, but God also resides in the domain of an eternal mystery, and thus cannot be fully known in "his" entirety.

In Jesus Christ however, we have a transparent expression of the will of God which is the will to love, and to set us free for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved, authentically.

just my two cents..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I believe in God. I see comedy everywhere in creation, and I wonder at how anybody can miss it! The intentional design behind it all, begs of self-awareness, at a level we can't even imagine.

The hour glass on a black widow...the platypus. Medicine from herbs and plants. The bible for Christ's sake!! LOL.

I think we are a young species. We don't like having to take responsibility for ourselves. Therefore, it's so easy to say it's religion or God's fault or terrorists fault. How could GOD do this? How could God if he exists let all this suffering happen?

Well how could you? Why is it that anything but ourselves is responsible for the things we do? If their is starving children still, in this day and age, which there is. It has nothing to do with God, but it sure says a lot about humans. We are sealing our own fate.

The truth is, it's mankind and our misplaced use of science and technology. We are the problem and at fault. Not religion, and surely not God. We can't seem to help ourselves. We just don't care at the end of the day. The finger always points anywhere but at ourselves. We will sacrifice everything, in the name of progress. Even our ethics and morality. So be it. (Amen)

I sure hope God exists and I have had experiences, that lead me to entertain that something unseen exists beyond what we can perceive. Somebody will need to hand us our butts sooner or later. We are bad to each other and the earth. However, there is goodness too, and always hope.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you for your response.

Can you elaborate? How do you know God is all around you? Is it a feeling? What does it feel like?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My own two cents:

I don't believe in the Christian God per say. Too anthropormorphic, as others have stated.

Here's something I've always wondered about. When your body needs a certain vitamin, for example, you begin to crave a type of food with that vitamin. When your body is thirsty, you crave water.

So if something inside of me craves, for lack of a better word, God...doesn't that imply that God exists?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My own two cents:

I don't believe in the Christian God per say. Too anthropormorphic, as others have stated.

Here's something I've always wondered about. When your body needs a certain vitamin, for example, you begin to crave a type of food with that vitamin. When your body is thirsty, you crave water.

So if something inside of me craves, for lack of a better word, God...doesn't that imply that God exists?

I think we all feel that craving. We just argue to no end as to what that craving exactly is.
Sending positive vibe to ya!
edit on 20-6-2012 by TRGreer because: Typo

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer

My own two cents:

I think we all feel that craving. We just argue to no end as to what that craving exactly is.

I think that feeling people are always searching for is purpose, everyone wants to know why they're here and how to use the time they have while they're here.... Some people use religion to fill that gap and it works for them and some people find other means.... The best part of finding your purpose is looking for it, I haven't found mine yet but I'm enjoying the hunt.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

I want to know if God exists. It is, in my opinion, the most important question I can ask and I’ve sought the answer for over twenty-five years now.

Okay, long story short. I was raised Baptist and have since lost my faith. I no longer know if God exists and if so….what God’s nature might be.

So what I’d like to do is explore the idea of God from multiple religious beliefs. I plan to make a series of threads that piggyback off each other. The first thread (this one) will deal with the existence of God. The next will focus on God’s nature, with more to follow.

Some ground rules for this thread. You may not argue from religious texts. Why? I want to avoid that mindless cliché of “The Bible Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It.” In a later thread we will explore religious texts, but for now all argument must make do without.

You may share anecdotal information, including personal feelings and experiences, hunches and intuitions. They must be personal, though…not a friend of a cousin’s third wife’s sister stories.

Lastly, please treat those of differing faiths with decorum and respect. I will report any threads that insult other religions or other viewpoints.

So...our question for today:

Does God Exist? How do you know?

Heres some interesting verses to consider on your search for God...

Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom.

"Love your friends like your own soul, protect them like the pupil of your eye."

Jesus said, "Look to the living one as long as you live, otherwise you might die and then try to see the living one, and you will be unable to see."

~The Gospel of Thomas

reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Very well stated.

I thought my purpose was to educate little ones. I'm rethinking it, though. Perhaps our purpose changes over time?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Originally posted by TRGreer

My own two cents:

I think that feeling people are always searching for is purpose, everyone wants to know why they're here and how to use the time they have while they're here.... Some people use religion to fill that gap and it works for them and some people find other means.... The best part of finding your purpose is looking for it, I haven't found mine yet but I'm enjoying the hunt.....

At least we are not arguing over it!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Being as curious and as open-minded as you seem to be, are you prepared that you may never quite attain the answer you desire? You may very well change your perception many, many times, and even repeat some of them. I suppose that because there is no all-encompassing answer as to what my existence means, I am instead focusing on HOW to live.

That is not to suggest that you stop looking, or thoroughly enjoy searching, but to possibly accept that you can still live a truly happy and fulfilled life not knowing at all.

Maybe that is my verbose way of saying that the joy of wonder can sometimes outweight the joy of knowing.
edit on 20-6-2012 by BS_Slayer because: extra babble...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

perhaps you can have multiple purposes,,,,,,,

,,, if there is no pressure for you to do any specific thing,,, and you yourself choose to teach children,,,, you are making that choice on purpose,,,, you are giving yourself that purpose,,, you are satisfied with this and it is justified..,., if you try to search for your purpose someplace else,,,, what will that something be that is giving you your purpose for you,,,, regardless in the end it will be coming from within yourself,,,, the decision to do what you will do,,,

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer

Maybe that is my verbose way of saying that the joy of wonder can sometimes outweight the joy of knowing.
edit on 20-6-2012 by BS_Slayer because: extra babble...

I absolutely agree with this. And yes, I realize I may never find "the purpose" or "God."

Maybe, just maybe......"God" is the journey itself, not the destination.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

One might consider that our existence is like a "school", a concept that many people of various cultures believe. If this is in fact true, then one of the frustrating possibilities is that humankind is without "clear-cut" and apparent answers because we are supposed to be where we are. Perhaps we are but toddlers attempting algebra before we really understand numbers; brilliant because of our curiosity, but not yet developed enough to move to the next grade...

Many of us shield our young ones from harsh language, or nudity until they are old enough to compute it.

I don't like to limit us in such a way, and it is only a theory, but maybe that is where humans just aren't humble enough.
edit on 20-6-2012 by BS_Slayer because: the usual

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I went to heaven and talked to I believe God he did not tell me his name because I was so overwhelmed I didn't ask him. But explained the meaning of life and the way of life of all the living in the flesh. and what was going to happen one day, when the Kingdom comes. God also said that the reason it can't come in now is because the collective spirit of this earth blocks it. But when we learn how to truly love one another the kingdom will come.

I only want to explain more if you want.
edit on 20-6-2012 by mikeprodigy because: add

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeprodigy

The "kindom" is here my friend... theres no need to wait...

So few see it though...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
All religions are ladders to assist you to leave your normal behavior within animal function, and get you to the highest plane of consciousness. The severe problem is most choose to remain on the ladder thinking it is a dwelling. So very few are brave enough to step off the ladder at the top and leave the comfort of their religion behind. Once you do, the ladder is no more, there is no off switch, there is no going back. ALL the things of this world fade in value into shadows of inanimate. I couldn't be happier about it since they are replaced with the evermore radiance of the Presence. Everything of this world is gone, everything.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

This is a rather inconspicuous, but vlauable reply. This is how I felt when I became free, and sometimes the fall was a bit scary, but I could never ever imagine going back.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

My own two cents:

God wrote his law in every single persons heart , if one chooses to ignore this calling they have exercised free will ,of one seeks out God , god will guide them and yet they still have free will. The age of man is nearly ended and many feel the tugging of God and have been drawn to Him and also drawn out of the corrupt churches of man. If you want the truth then simply search out both sides of The prophets of the bible , pro and con. The truth is there if you really want it.

If you choose to seek the truth then remember every prophecy and story in the bible was given to us as an example of what will happen in these end times. The names and technology have changed but the events are the same .
edit on 21-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: A thought added

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BS_Slayer

One might consider that our existence is like a "school", a concept that many people of various cultures believe. If this is in fact true, then one of the frustrating possibilities is that humankind is without "clear-cut" and apparent answers because we are supposed to be where we are. Perhaps we are but toddlers attempting algebra before we really understand numbers; brilliant because of our curiosity, but not yet developed enough to move to the next grade...

Many of us shield our young ones from harsh language, or nudity until they are old enough to compute it.

I don't like to limit us in such a way, and it is only a theory, but maybe that is where humans just aren't humble enough.
edit on 20-6-2012 by BS_Slayer because: the usual

Very interesting. Thank you for the post. I wonder how many % graduate? Another question. How many % of people on earth have awoken and become part psychic to the degree that they can feel the otherside? Are there any statistics on this or is all hidden in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

I want to know if God exists. It is, in my opinion, the most important question I can ask and I’ve sought the answer for over twenty-five years now.

Okay, long story short. I was raised Baptist and have since lost my faith. I no longer know if God exists and if so….what God’s nature might be.

So what I’d like to do is explore the idea of God from multiple religious beliefs. I plan to make a series of threads that piggyback off each other. The first thread (this one) will deal with the existence of God. The next will focus on God’s nature, with more to follow.

Some ground rules for this thread. You may not argue from religious texts. Why? I want to avoid that mindless cliché of “The Bible Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It.” In a later thread we will explore religious texts, but for now all argument must make do without.

You may share anecdotal information, including personal feelings and experiences, hunches and intuitions. They must be personal, though…not a friend of a cousin’s third wife’s sister stories.

Lastly, please treat those of differing faiths with decorum and respect. I will report any threads that insult other religions or other viewpoints.

So...our question for today:

Does God Exist? How do you know?

I don't want to offend, but you should probably begin to ask new questions.

No one knows the answer. No one can no the answer.'

But what you can do is ask yourself this: should I trust the ideas of another over the ideas of my own? If you believe in God, it is because someone told you to, or you read it in a book. You are essentially taking the ideas of someone else and burying your own underneath it. Maybe try utilizing your own perception, your own abilities of deduction and your own reason.

Have you seen God? Have you experienced him? Have you heard of a virgin birth, a human resurrection or a man walking on water outside the confines of a book? Have you talked to angels or seen angels outside of a painting or movie? Have you been to, or know anyone trustworthy that has been to heaven and hell?

If you answered no to these questions, and you are not in the habit of blindly believing something someone tells you to believe, then you have every right to want to deny the existence of a God or at least not worry about questioning the topic anymore.

Move on to something more meaningful.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join