Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

WSJ: Asians Top Immigration Class

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am not sure how many times this has been published in the news before but it certainly has some twist and/or purpose to the Immigration Policies and the Election. The article does address few aspects of the Asian American society but not all. It fails to focus on WHY the Asians Top Immigration Class (if indeed if the studies are true). By this, I meant to imply the failure to narrow this down not just to the political BS with the Education Department but the entire Education System and/or the Curriculum offered in the schooling system (private and government).

I would like to open this thread for a general discussion.

Asians are the fastest-growing, most educated and highest-earning population in the U.S., according to a new report that paints the majority-immigrant group as a boon to an economy that has come to rely increasingly on skilled workers.

[url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303379204577474743811707050.html?mod=WSJ_article_comments#articleTabs%3Darticle]Asian_Americans[/ur l]

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

If only we could have more bright, successful immigrants. Willing to come to America and work hard and better themselves...

...Instead of sneaking in and caring more about cutting my grass than going to college or contributing to society.

(That same report also said 45% [YES FORTY FIVE %] of hispanics are here illegally) That number BLEW me away.
www.inquisitr.com...
edit on 20-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

My God.

Are you serious with that comment ?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

What part are you referring to? My critique of hispanic immigrants or the statistic showing their disrespect for the law?

I stand by both...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Can you clarify what the issue is here?

Do you have an issue with Asian immigrants who are working hard and contributing to society?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by hp1229

Can you clarify what the issue is here?

Do you have an issue with Asian immigrants who are working hard and contributing to society?

No issues here. Just wanted to discuss as per why this is a news now (just around the election time when Immigration is a topic for the POTUS). Asian Immigrants have been making a significant progress and contribution to the american society since long. I am wondering if the news article that is including the 'hispanics' is nothing more than to divide up the minority voters for the November 2012 POTUS election? Thats what I'm wondering.

join