It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC4 News Amazing Footage of a UFO sighting over Utah

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is a better video by Neil that explains UFO sightings in a way that we all see here ..

for those who don't know who he is.. Neil Degrasse Tyson is a very respected astrophysicist who has sort of become the modern day Carl Sagan .. only his delivery is much different, he's very funny and energetic..

He does come off as a standup comic in this video, but he's a scientist .. he can often be found doing Nova specials

And if you like that .. this is an awesome 30 minute interview that talks about an asteroid that has a decent chance of hitting us in like 2036 .. that is the size of the rose bowl, I know it's off topic but it's an interesting watch ..

fora.tv...
edit on 6/21/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
reply to post by intrptr

Personally I don't give a damn how long you have been a member. Whoop de friggin doo. I have been lurking on this site long enough to know that ANY UFO or ET experience posted on here will be ridiculed and debunked ad nauseum. It's really quite ridiculous.

It's always the same crap with debunkers. CGI, Chinese lanterns, flares, missile launch blah blah blah. The people who actually have genuine experiences are so ridiculed and looked down on by you know it all debunkers I'm surprised anyone posts their experiences on here.

Go try to lord the "seniority" card over someone else. Cuz I personally don't care. I do my research and unlike you try to keep my mind receptive and open. Good day.

Agreed, and since all these know it all debunkers know that everything in the sky is CGI, Chinese lanterns, flares, or missile launches i guess all the ones who care to look up for them selves once in awhile can pretty much stop looking.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
reply to post by intrptr

Personally I don't give a damn how long you have been a member. Whoop de friggin doo. I have been lurking on this site long enough to know that ANY UFO or ET experience posted on here will be ridiculed and debunked ad nauseum. It's really quite ridiculous.
It's always the same crap with debunkers. CGI, Chinese lanterns, flares, missile launch blah blah blah. The people who actually have genuine experiences are so ridiculed and looked down on by you know it all debunkers I'm surprised anyone posts their experiences on here.

Go try to lord the "seniority" card over someone else. Cuz I personally don't care. I do my research and unlike you try to keep my mind receptive and open. Good day.

If its such a terrible ad nauseum place, why did you bother joining? One thing we can surely use on here is a lot less ranting about what others think. Thats the point I am trying woefully to make with you. Not you, your a_t_t_i_t_u_d_e.

"Damn ridiculous know it all crap debunkers blah blah"... does that about some it up?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Agreed, and since all these know it all debunkers know that everything in the sky is CGI, Chinese lanterns, flares, or missile launches i guess all the ones who care to look up for them selves once in awhile can pretty much stop looking.

You guys forgot camera lens flare, blimps, headlights, airplane landing patterns, blimps, venus, Rc craft with led's, balloons from the fair floating overhead, para jumpers, meteors, blimps, reentry vehicles, the freaking moon, reflections, bugs, out of focus streetlights or stars and planets, fireworks, ordinary stuff viewed thru IR, starlight and thermal imaging equipment. Oh and blimps at night with jumbo trons on the side. Oh and blimps.

Did I miss any? I wouldn't want to be unfair and leave anything out. If you see something other than these let me know. It might be a while. (95 out of a 100 are misunderstood, fake, rumor mill, etc). Not my calculation. Mufons...

Now, show me your best one...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

If you look really, really closely IN-BETWEEN the red lights, there SEEMS to a very faint sparkling
and shimmer of filament-like silver sparks or glowing gas. This is USUALLY indicative of the SKIN EFFECT
where electrical discharge travels over the SURFACE of an enclosure and ionizes the surrounding air
enough that it begins glowing or sparking....similar but NOT QUITE like the static electricity effect of
St. Elmo's Fire. That indicates a HIGH VOLTAGE system usually used within powerful communications
gear or a Sky-to-Earth measurement device. The white sparking to ground MIGHT be an example of a
secondary cable that is being grounded to Earth.

My guess is these are flat sheet-like fabric-covered flying wing structures or possibly
tubular balloons with a MOTORIZED vector thrust system...these are usually used in
specialty communications...if the witnesses further AWAY than 5 or 10 miles heard
or FELT a LOW RUMBLE that would indicate low bit-rate ELF (extremely low frequency)
communications system usually used for communicating with submarines. THOSE
antennae are usually buried underground and are between 500 to 2000 metres long
BUT some recent tests I've been privy to indicate a desire to use more MOBILE ELF
antennae!

In this case, I would not be surprised if these are sky-based antennae used for some
unknown communications test or a atmospheric measurement device. If anybody
has a satellite TV system in the K and Ka-band or has some L or S-band comm gear,
i'll bet ya two-bits your comm-links died or went all snowy at about this time.

Those bands in 1 to 4GHZ (S or L band) and 18 to 40 GHZ range (Ku to Ka bands) are used
for high end comm links and the 50 to 75 GHZ range (V band) is used for Radar Research
(i.e. MilStar Satellite-to-Satellite communications) and ultra high bandwidth OFDM
(Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing) and custom spread-spectrum
wireless communications.

I hope this helps as to WHAT MIGHT (MIGHT is the operative word here!) have been going on.

---

Another explanation is a bunch of yahoos tied a kite to their 4x4 and attached some
glow lamps and other magnesium fireworks as they raced on a deserted highway
trying to get that kite to fly to past 8000 feet using high-strength but lightweight
metal wire.....hmmmm....sounds like something I did a few decades back!

edit on 2012/6/21 by StargateSG7 because: spelling/grammar fixes

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

This is a better video by Neil that explains UFO sightings in a way that we all see here ..

for those who don't know who he is.. Neil Degrasse Tyson is a very respected astrophysicist who has sort of become the modern day Carl Sagan .. only his delivery is much different, he's very funny and energetic..

He does come off as a standup comic in this video, but he's a scientist .. he can often be found doing Nova specials

Thanks for that...

"Abductees, next time you are aboard an alien ship, grab an ashtray off the shelf..." chuckle

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimens

the lights didnt change from red to white, the red lights dropped white "things" out of them and the white things headed for the ground. who knows if they were orbs or what they were.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well whoever hoaxed this,
(USAF, Aliens or 14yr old boys)
must have also hoaxed the Jeruselem UFO.
That same white pulsing light came down
down in Jeruselem from another "ship"
with those same red lights.
Maybe someone's brought this up?
Didn't read all the comments .

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

You guys forgot camera lens flare, blimps, headlights, airplane landing patterns, blimps, venus, Rc craft with led's, balloons from the fair floating overhead, para jumpers, meteors, blimps, reentry vehicles, the freaking moon, reflections, bugs, out of focus streetlights or stars and planets, fireworks, ordinary stuff viewed thru IR, starlight and thermal imaging equipment. Oh and blimps at night with jumbo trons on the side. Oh and blimps.

Did I miss any? I wouldn't want to be unfair and leave anything out. If you see something other than these let me know. It might be a while. (95 out of a 100 are misunderstood, fake, rumor mill, etc). Not my calculation. Mufons...

Now, show me your best one...

So i guess we can stop looking now we know what everything in the sky is. Yes your right 95 out of 100 are misunderstood, fake, rumor mill, etc. But i would like to imagine that we keep looking up for that 1% that could actually be something. i have seen for sure one that i couldn't explain away with anything you posted. I saw a white ball shaped one at high noon and not cloud in site, that i immediately thought was a balloon but as i kept watching that thought quickly left my head because it stopped moving like a balloon and did what could have been controlled maneuvers. im always willing to hear any ideas about what it could have been. Its not gonna hurt my feelings if it turns out to be something mundane and logical.

Not trying to sound rude but, why dont you go out and look for your best one, have your own experiance. The problem imo is even if a no doubt proven real one shows up its gonna be called fake misunderstood ect. because nobody really knows what there looking at untill it is identified so untill it is identified they are UFOs.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

So i guess we can stop looking now we know what everything in the sky is. Yes your right 95 out of 100 are misunderstood, fake, rumor mill, etc. But i would like to imagine that we keep looking up for that 1% that could actually be something.

I look up every time I go outside. I have seen one too. Thats why I keep looking outside and here. I know what they look like and how they move. I can't say about your experience. I respect here say because there is no way to analyze that. I'm known and hated for "debunking" but really I believe in the unknown too, just don't see much of it on the Internet. You may have seen a real one, I don't know. Thing is and I say this carefully, when you see them you will know it. They have this way of removing all doubt. Maybe once in a life time. And just a glimpse. But man, what a glimpse.

I have seen for sure one that i couldn't explain away with anything you posted. I saw a white ball shaped one at high noon and not cloud in site, that i immediately thought was a balloon but as i kept watching that thought quickly left my head because it stopped moving like a balloon and did what could have been controlled maneuvers. im always willing to hear any ideas about what it could have been. Its not gonna hurt my feelings if it turns out to be something mundane and logical.

Okay. I believe you. Thats why they call them "unknown" flying objects.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So i guess we can stop looking now we know what everything in the sky is. Yes your right 95 out of 100 are misunderstood, fake, rumor mill, etc. But i would like to imagine that we keep looking up for that 1% that could actually be something.

I look up every time I go outside. I have seen one too. Thats why I keep looking outside and here. I know what they look like and how they move. I can't say about your experience. I respect here say because there is no way to analyze that. I'm known and hated for "debunking" but really I believe in the unknown too, just don't see much of it on the Internet. You may have seen a real one, I don't know. Thing is and I say this carefully, when you see them you will know it. They have this way of removing all doubt. Maybe once in a life time. And just a glimpse. But man, what a glimpse.

I have seen for sure one that i couldn't explain away with anything you posted. I saw a white ball shaped one at high noon and not cloud in site, that i immediately thought was a balloon but as i kept watching that thought quickly left my head because it stopped moving like a balloon and did what could have been controlled maneuvers. im always willing to hear any ideas about what it could have been. Its not gonna hurt my feelings if it turns out to be something mundane and logical.

Okay. I believe you. Thats why they call them "unknown" flying objects.

I believe what i saw was a real one, but i cant say it was ours or theirs. I mean it was a ball it was that clear. could have been bright white or creating its own light. It came into my view really fast then slowed down to about the pace of an airplane(like the speed of a cessna) did some zig zags, straightened out did two loops then took off up out at a high rate of speed, fast enough to leave a light trail.

Also to add i dont have a problem with all debunkers, just the ones that claim what they think it is without really looking into it.

P.S. thanks for the friendly debate its much appreciated.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I believe what i saw was a real one, but i cant say it was ours or theirs. I mean it was a ball it was that clear. could have been bright white or creating its own light. It came into my view really fast then slowed down to about the pace of an airplane(like the speed of a cessna) did some zig zags, straightened out did to loops then took off up out at a high rate of speed, fast enough to leave a light trail.

Cool. Especially the "zig-zags". Did it do those at "hi-speed"? So you didn't see an object, just a light? Or white ball?

I ask that because the one I saw was at night and was blue and red. The most pretty blue and red I ever seen. It was moving... silent... and changed direction abruptly and disappeared into a cloud. We saw it for less than a minute. Nothing goes like that. From earth. Never saw a "shape", just a light.

Also to add i dont have a problem with all debunkers, just the ones that claim what they think it is without really looking into it.

I have "Mark 1 eyeballs" They serve me well. They don't get in the way of my belief system. They just see and report. In my head and here. Sometimes on YouTube.

P.S. thanks for the friendly debate its much appreciated.

Ditto.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Cool. Especially the "zig-zags". Did it do those at "hi-speed"?

No not at high speed.

So you didn't see an object, just a light? Or white ball?

Well, i wasn't sure if it was a light(which i don't consider an object), or if it was a ball(object). It was bright out, it was august at noon so the sun would have been high in the sky. That's why i said either a white ball or a really bright, white light. It didnt have diffused edges,it had definte edges. I wish i could figure out the distances, its tough because i was down in a valley about...a football field length,standing on a ledge that dropped down about another 25-30 feet to a creek.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This UFO was the day before the Jerusalem UFO...This has pretty much been covered..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

You said it left a "streak" or "trail" when it split. I was wondering if it disappeared from sight "over the horizon" like or just "disappear"? Was it sudden like acceleration or gradual? Like from slow to ziinnng?

Thanx for sharing.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You said it left a "streak" or "trail" when it split. I was wondering if it disappeared from sight "over the horizon" like or just "disappear"? Was it sudden like acceleration or gradual? Like from slow to ziinnng?

Thanx for sharing.

No it wasn't over the horizon, and it didnt just disappear. It was just like you said slow to zinng instantly.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This does look unusual to me. I don't know a lot about the ufo community, debunking,etc., but I do believe in them, especially the "zig-zag" stories.

About 27 years ago I was out in Magnolia, Texas, on a cul-de-sac, parking with my boyfriend. We were sitting on the hood of his car talking and looking up at the sky. It was a subdivision development project, there were no houses yet, and no street lights, and deserted at 1am in the morning. Since it was so dark, we could see an enormous amount of stars. As we were looking up, one of the stars started moving. It was very high up in the sky, and basically a bright orange blob. The thing is, is that it had to have been huge, because it was literally the same size as the stars that were up really, really high. They were also densly packed that high up. It was orange, and it stood out. At one point, this thing zig-zagged at an incredible speed, defininately NOT a meteorite, etc. After doing this, it shot off to one side, and basically disappeared. We just looked at each and said "What the hell was that?" Later on, when we were on our way home, we had the radio on, and someone called the station very excited, to say they had seen this object as well (I guess we were not the only kids parking on a Fri. night, imagine that).

What is different about what I saw when I read about the sightings, is just how far up this object was, it was never close to earth at all, but is must have been massive. I have not talked to many people about this, because, well frankly, they look at you like you are some sort of idiot. But I do think about it sometimes, and I think given all the mysteries of the universe it would be very arrogant to believe we are so important as to be the only life forms that exist.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
This does look unusual to me. I don't know a lot about the ufo community, debunking,etc., but I do believe in them, especially the "zig-zag" stories.

About 27 years ago I was out in Magnolia, Texas, on a cul-de-sac, parking with my boyfriend. We were sitting on the hood of his car talking and looking up at the sky. It was a subdivision development project, there were no houses yet, and no street lights, and deserted at 1am in the morning. Since it was so dark, we could see an enormous amount of stars. As we were looking up, one of the stars started moving. It was very high up in the sky, and basically a bright orange blob. The thing is, is that it had to have been huge, because it was literally the same size as the stars that were up really, really high. They were also densely packed that high up. It was orange, and it stood out. At one point, this thing zig-zagged at an incredible speed, definitely NOT a meteorite, etc. After doing this, it shot off to one side, and basically disappeared. We just looked at each and said "What the hell was that?" Later on, when we were on our way home, we had the radio on, and someone called the station very excited, to say they had seen this object as well (I guess we were not the only kids parking on a Fri. night, imagine that).

What is different about what I saw when I read about the sightings, is just how far up this object was, it was never close to earth at all, but is must have been massive. I have not talked to many people about this, because, well frankly, they look at you like you are some sort of idiot. But I do think about it sometimes, and I think given all the mysteries of the universe it would be very arrogant to believe we are so important as to be the only life forms that exist.

this is interesting, the one saw seemed to be in our atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Later on, when we were on our way home, we had the radio on, and someone called the station very excited, to say they had seen this object as well

Isn't that cool? You remember this event from "27 years ago" because it stands out in your mind as unique. And the neat part is your were with someone who saw it and you got separate confirmation from the radio station. Whomever called that object in thought it was unique too.

The one time I saw one I was with 5 people and parked a little down from us was a van with another 5 people. Everyone saw it. One guy was watching thru binoculars. After it was gone everyone was like, did you see it, did you see it? What was that? All these years later I feel bolstered by multiple witnesses; that we all saw the same thing ( so I am not crazy).

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

...slow to zinng instantly.

There's your sign.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join