It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC4 News Amazing Footage of a UFO sighting over Utah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Found this while searching around, maybe the same in the daylight? Funny thing about this one, no propeller blades.... And its still moving about.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So the cigar shaped UFOs are blimbs, mystery solved.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
AMERICA, WHY U ONLY SEE UFOS???? TV obsession much?

It's just that we like to do our drinking in outdoor areas at night and not confine ourselves to dark little pubs. As a result, we see more stuff in the sky. We also have a history carried on from WWII and the Cold War of scanning the sky for enemy planes.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As usual, the footage isn't very good, but they look exactly like Chinese lanterns. Whatever else you want to believe they might be. Sorry,

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

No, I think it's because you spend too much money on military and therefore you see a lot of UFOs. Make your own conclusions whose is what u see

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That so old and so not funny at all any more.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

AMERICA, WHY U ONLY SEE UFOS???? TV obsession much? How many are the UFO cases in Americas compared to the rest of the continents, ratio 100:1 for America? That should tell you something - that the majority of UFOs are military due to the large presence or a lot of parachutists and gliders in the US!

Or because the majority of Americans are morons and ofc they do such Hellion balloon hoaxes more than in other continents? The video with the He balloons, looked like a real triangular UFO, now that is how deceiving these hoaxes can be.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

Do you seriously think UFO sightings only come from the USA?
edit on 20-6-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes I think Americans have a very, very rich imagination. And since they are the best capitalists, who makes money better than them from UFO stories? No one.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The terrorists are invading!! Save us government take more of my freedoms away for security!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

It looks to me like lanterns and some with fireworks attached for the summer solstice festivities....We do those here in my state all the time...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

It looks to me like lanterns and some with fireworks attached for the summer solstice festivities....We do those here in my state all the time...

I agree but not lanterns , Helium balloons with flares attached with fishing line .

This "UFO" was launched Feb. 14 2011 from my backyard. It consisted of garbage bags full of helium with flares suspended below

edit on 20-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Yes I think Americans have a very, very rich imagination. And since they are the best capitalists, who makes money better than them from UFO stories? No one.

So you're saying that only Americans encounter UFOs? In all the world only in the USA do UFO reports exist? UFO sightings, real or a hoax, happen only in the USA, you're right.

In any case, on to the topic at hand, the UFO from American Fork, Utah. This story came out last year, 1/27/2011. I found some American Fork, Utah videos on YT I'm surprised no one brought up yet,

Possible UFO over Lehi and American Fork, Utah on 1/26/11
(the original [I think] and only UFO video on this channel)

Anyone remember a recent UFO hoax/advertisement from American Fork, Utah? Fooled you Weather Channel! I love this videos sign off.

Blue UFO in American Fork, Utah

The stunning image of a UFO was captured on video last week, but is it an alien craft, or is there a simpler explanation?

Anthony Piceno, of American Fork, Utah, said he was drawn to the sight in the air because it was like nothing he had ever seen before.

The video shows the blue craft resembling a spinning top floating in the sky and moving very slowly.

Mysterious Lights (UFO) over Utah County Jan. 27th 2012, EXPLAINED!!

If you saw these lights and were wondering what it was, well guess no more. This "UFO" was launched as part of a contest to expose the logo for the website "Freelancer.com".
This "UFO" was launched on Friday January 27th from my back yard in Lehi, Utah. Although the video is short, I was able to track it and follow it for nearly fourty five plus minutes as it slowly drifted south over American Fork and down the East side of Utah Lake towards Prove and Spanish Fork. After it began drifting to the East I quit tracking it.

Basically it was a piece of steel wire with wooden dowels as cross beams, I used about 16 feet of blue LED strip tape, and four cheap "LED projectors" with the LED light unit pulled out. My blue lights weren't long enough to complete the circle, so I just filled the gap with a small multicolor LED light string. I then hung the Freelancer logo underneath. KSL news ran a story on it Saturday night, the 28th. Both in the 6 o'clock, and 10 o'clock broadcasts, and is already creating quite a bit of buzz.

So with that I would be extra skeptical of any UFO videos coming from American Fork
, and Imtor, you are correct about Americans and ingenuity!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It's a possibility

reply to post by Swills

As ofc this theory is also, however one hoaxer doesn't mean to say ALL are hoaxes.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by gortex

It's a possibility

reply to post by Swills

As ofc this theory is also, however one hoaxer doesn't mean to say ALL are hoaxes.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

I never said one hoax = all hoaxes. I don't think anyone thinks that but the good news the recent hoax is just that, recent. And too boot it was part of a contest,

contest to expose the logo for the website "Freelancer.com".

So with that, your UFO sighting in question is older and wasn't apart of a contest. Good news, a contest and not some group of hoaxers who enjoy pulling pranks.

Back to the UFO sighting in American Fork, I found more videos on YT from the night of the 26th of January, 2011.

Strange Lights/UFO over Utah Jan 26, 2011 Part 1

I saw these 3 red lights that seemed to be hovering in formation and dropping bright flares over American Fork, Utah. Not sure what they were but they don't look like helicopters or any airplanes I've ever seen.
It's also interesting to note that Dugway Proving Ground, an Army weapons testing base went on lockdown just an hour before I sighted this.
I don't know what to make of it but it's definitely strange.

Strange Lights/UFO over Utah Jan 26, 2011 Part 2

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They are very similar but I'm still stumped as to what these lights are, and ofc per usual, helium balloon/lanterns can't be discounted

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think I found a hoaxer claiming responsibility for this. Well maybe not so much a hoaxer but someone who built something cool and flew it. Although, reading about it it does sound a little dangerous
. Anyway, open up the YT page and visit the links in the description because they don't copy and paste so well here.

"Utah County's UFO" 2-14-2011 New Video

This "UFO" was launched Feb. 14 2011 from my backyard. It consisted of garbage bags full of helium with flares suspended below www.flickr.com...@N00/5478930609/. This launch consisted of five flares with model rocket fuse to delay ignition so they only illuminate once they were several thousand feet up. I know a lot of people are upset about this being a "hoax" or whatever you want to call it. Bottom line is, it is what it is, and it looked awesome!! I am not trying to debunk real UFO's, I tend to lean more towards them existing than not, either extraterrestrial or not. I know there are a lot of people who spend some serious time and devotion researching and looking into sightings.
This is one of the reasons I came forward, (www.youtube.com...) I didn't want people wasting there serious time and effort on a "snipe hunt". Fun as it would have been to sit back and watch, I decided to "let the cat out of the bag" out of simple respect. I'd like to think that is something still worth having these days.
Some people have had good fun with it (cryptoworld.co.uk...), some still have no idea, and others have acted flat out childish in their response, (as can be seen in the comments of the video, and the phone calls and emails I have been receiving)
For those who still refuse to believe it was me, please refer to video response ( www.youtube.com...) which not only shows the ignition of a third flare, along with smoke, but it is of the "UFO" that started this whole situation in the first place, on 1-26-2011. (www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com...).

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yep that sounds correct.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join