It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the community anamocity against abductee stories?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

How about some really good videos?

Ever attempt to film of photograph anything within an electromagnetic field? All you get is blurry images. The whole experience is very surreal too, and it never even occurred to me to obtain anything of theirs, and I don't carry a cell like most, so had no camera device anyway.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Well then I don't understand, what are you after? great big billboards, TV documentaries, movie's, books what is it?
why do you feel the need to tell your story? if its not for helping out those few others with similar experiences to yourself, then why? so everyone can say yes we believe you.

well good luck with that.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation

No. They have told me that they were interested in me because of my destiny and my previous lives. I won't divulge anything more, I'm sorry.

That kind reminds me of this recent thread on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does any of if sound familiar to you?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The keyword is tolerance. Anal probing is almost prerequisite for satisfactory alien encounters.
Because of some US are still not tolerant enough for it, aliens have to work undercover in the US political framework by already introduced Holocaust™, race and gender equality, GLBT rights, repeal of sodomy laws in US military, ... and more to come before The Disclosure.

edit on 20.6.2012 by bokonon2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What is your proof?

I think you're just experiencing Sleep Paralysis. 200 years ago you would have told people that demons were attacking you.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

It's just that my experiences are so weird that I don't expect anyone to belive them, it's to far from peoples reality for them to relate to. I speak of experience.

MM

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The man across the road mowing his lawn at the same time his neighbour does, now that’s weird to me, what most people find normal is weird to me.

Link me your encounter and I’d be happy to read it. Most of us here believe we have seen and done some extraordinary things.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Merkaba I would be very interested to read about your encounter, the subject is fascinating to me as I have my own fare share of the unexplainable. However I am very open to the idea that it may be human in nature, brain chemistry, multi dimensional or alien. Sometimes i feel people jump to conclusions either case.

I see all too often in discussions people on both sides are more concerned with pleasing their need to be right than they are for actual exchange and learning. People just seem to want to hear their own voices all the time. Less telling people what they must and must not be, think and do and more of 'this is my experience of...' might lead to more open discussions? But these are just my thoughts on the matter.

When you are ready to share I am ready to listen and share my views and thoughts on the experience... are you prepared to find out that it is not what you currently believe it is? I am prepared to be convinced it is... but without the persecution style investigation. Just simple exchange of thoughts would be lovely.

Much love

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
There is not a single abduction database on the internet....

That's actually not true. For the past many months we've been doing mass data collection of high strangeness accounts which will come to term in October 2012. After this round of accounts are correlated, and handled by our statistician, it will be evaluated and I'm sure several papers will be written about what each of us on the CORE team got from the data collected.

Then we will move on to Phase 2 of the CORE data collection, and continue on based upon results from Phase 1.

You can check it out, fill it out, or read more here:
Project Core

~Jeff

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You are not an abductee, you have had dream or hallucination and you take it as real. You are wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I'm an abductee too ! Honest ! I really am ! Please massage and flatter my frail ego with words of empathy !

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Nobody can speak for a 'community' and especially what passes for the 'UFO Community.' It's pretty much a very loose collection of folk with similar interests who all hold different views; squabbles and worse are the daily bread of ufology.

Speaking only for myself, the abduction element of ufology is very hard to deal with. On the one hand, there's an accumulation of case histories that indicates something is/was going on. Lots of similarities in modern (80s - 2000s) accounts sort of point towards a mystery...psychological or otherwise. On the other hand, there's an abduction sub-culture that tries to promote and defend the reality of 'alien abduction' regardless of the quality of the research or credibility of some of the researchers and claimants.

That doesn't mean it's an area I personally ignore or dismiss, it's just more reasonable to suspend judgement and keep my thoughts to myself. In my opinion, they refuse to get their house in order and this makes trust a big issue.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for your input. Have you heard about the allorgy of the cave?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think the things that give most people trouble with abductions are 1) the absence of pictures or video, and 2) the concept of sleep paralysis.

Non-bedtime abductions have more sway, and eliminate the sleep paralysis problem, but of course, there is the picture/video still lacking.

Does anyone know if sleep paralysis has actually been shown to result in an abduction experience? In other words, did any of the sleep paralysis experts who claim abductions are sleep paralysis experiences ever document an actual case of sleep paralysis where the person believed he/she was abducted?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandelay Industries

To my knowledge, the closest thing to that kind of experiments is the God Helmet. It does not target espesially SP but shows that you can create paranormal experiences in people by electric stimulation of the temperal lobes.

Are you an Architect, mr. Vandelay?
That was a great episode of Seinfeld.
edit on 20-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I believe that large part of those who were abducted really believe they were and that they actually had some sort of experience. The type of stories i am talking about are the classic one where they woke up in bed paralyzed and were abducted. I think these experiences are nothing more than sleep paralysis with vivid hallucinations.
Whatever you believe/fear/expect during such a state will most likely happen. If you believe in oobes, you will most likely float out of your body. In old days instead of alien abductions you had "the old hag" or religious experiences instead.

I have had plenty of experiences with sleep paralysis myself, so i know that the experience can be mistaken as real if you don't know what it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
For my part there is a difference between an abduction story (some are true, some are well made up) and someone coming on ATS and claiming they are the high prince of the and are on Earth for their own protection.. I think that's where a lot of the animosity comes from, it's very hard to take it seriously when you have so many hoaxes and people just wanting attention (a recent thread about Chaqes comes to mind) and therefore you may be just seeing the frustration with those people.

I do truly believe that some have had experiences that could classify as abduction , I also believe that some capitalize on that to try and get attention..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In a nutshell, (and I am open to almost any idea, and any story) I would wager that the majority of ATS posters have seen/read/heard it all, and of the things they have taken in, 99.9% end up either a blatant hoax, or just a camera artifact. I was a long time lurker before I ever began posting, and I remember all kinds of crap, from the time-machine poster, to the infamous Dan Tanna fish alien.

I personally would do my absolute best to remain open-minded and listen to anything you have to say without attacking you, but here is the thing:

You say that you have been experiencing this most of your life, yet you are not comfortable divulging the meat of the entire meal, on what is essentially an anonymous forum? If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you have been communicating with extraterrestrials, experiencing multi-dimensional places and things, but can't handle the handful of hecklers that will ridicule you?

I sir, am not ridiculing you, I just want you to understand that the burden of proof is on the person telling the tale, and you've the right not to provide any, as I will listen and respect you any way, but don't be dismayed that most people will have reactions as you tell them.

I have a theory that the hardest skeptic is actually the most jaded believer....There are some very intelligent, open-minded people here that were once pure believers, but countless fakes and hoaxes have really decreased their boundaries, and who can blame them?

Finally comments like: "I see where you are coming from, but in my case it is not that I am not ready to tell my story, it's that you are not ready. It's a deep rabbit hole, indeed." are definitely not going to help your cause.

edit on 20-6-2012 by BS_Slayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

The fish alien was the best, one guy on RATS showed some photos with marks on his body, said they were done with his fight with a fish humanoid and that he even stabbed smth in the eye of that fish and that there was also this woman with pale blond hair also in their room (as usual it happens while they sleep...). I think he meant this alien woman (which means he totally took that part of the story from here):

So hilarous

I wonder what kind of desease or medical condition can lead to that since the common cases are in bed,.,,

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I understand your grief. You can either repeat it over and over for example, "Iran has weapons of mass destruction, " on the media till the populace deems it true. Other than that, maybe scratch one of your abductors to have some DNA under your fingernails. Or force them to crash at the WTC...Lol

I think it would be way more believable that Obama abducted you and probed you than to tell people it was aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join