It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the community anamocity against abductee stories?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As an abductee myself I wanted to ask the UFO community why there is so much anamocity against our stories? I have been there myself, when I tell a person or even a organization about a flying saucer they are very interested, but if I also add my abduction story the person looks at me like I'm mad/lying an the UFO organization does not even bother replying on my report. Many people today accept that UFO's are real and under intelligent control, but that the pilots of these crafts interacting with humans is deemed so impossible that claiming being part of this instantly gives you the crazy stamp. I also see this here at ATS, people reporting a UFO are believed by many, but abductee reports get no replies or comments like "nice story, you should be an author" etc. A flying saucer story with no proof seems to be accepted by many, but a abductee story with equally no proof is scoffed. So, why is this the case? If you accept intelligently controlled UFO's, is it really such a far stretch accepting that they occationally land and their occupants interact with us?

edit on 20-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
easier to digest seeing a ufo than the abduction story

After the ufo leaves we got the abductee.No one bothers though

Abductions hold the key to this enigma so dont be afraid and tell your stories.Someone will eventually listen

There is not a single abduction database on the internet....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Probably because anyone can pull an abduction story out of thin air and make it sound legitimate (by that I mean it doesn't sound like you're pulling it out of thin air) with very little effort, anonymously from behind their keyboards. There's no credibility to that and they NEVER provide any proof or evidence, so it's completely reasonable and logical that people don't believe these stories. To believe them would be very gullible of you. By requesting proof before believing something you avoid looking like a fool, and if you don't then you achieve the opposite.

"Many people today accept that UFO's are real and under intelligent control"

No. Accepting implies that it's a fact, and that's not proven. What you mean is many people believe.
edit on 20-6-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Simple m8.

People Scoff at the Abductee stories because wither it happens or not, there are countless Sad Sack, Attention Seeking People who make claims that it did .

Take yourself for example, you think by casually mentioning your an Abductee that it will add Credence to your claim, it doesn't.

Are you aware that here on ATS , we have at least 2 real Alien Beings joining on a weekly basis?

I'm talking real Out Of This World Aliens, so you being just an Abductee..... back of the Bus m8.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You are wasting your breath on ATS with this, they don't believe pics they don't believe videos, they don't believe the earth is round, just a few left who know better, I saw 4 ufo's that landed near my home just off the sea, I posted pics on here, I had people saying they were street lights, (over the sea) I now see these things regular as I'm now more aware, you just need to look.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

If someone posts a story that they saw a UFO over their barn in Ohio, even without a picture it is my experience that it is more accepted than an abduction story, both stories lack proof eqally. I have tried to post my abduction stories to several organizations online but I never get any reply, but they do seem to publish "saucer above my barn" stories that have no proof So my claim here is that it is not the amount of proof that is the issue here.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

You see them regularly? How about some really good videos? Not some shake, fuzzy handy-video, but taken with some sophisticated heatsensing camera or a nightscope-cam!

Come on - take a look at some (or any, I haven't seen a really good one yet) of those videos: all you can see is a light blob in a dark sky. *shake* *shake* "OHMYGOD, ITS MOVING!" - but the blob refuses to move, or to sharpen up or to stop shaking or to do anything else than being a nice glowing blob, completely indifferent to a street light.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yes, it is a story. It can be converted to a fact if you could prove anything.
If I would say that Elvis just walked by my window, everyone would DEMAND photos, or it didn't happen.

No prove, just a story about "hey I was like in this bright room and then the aliens did something to me and then I slept and when I woke up I was like 2 miles from my home!" = its a story, nothing else.

Did they do something spectacular? Maybe some implants in your body? Did they show you something on Earth or the Moon which could be prove? Come on, this is easy - if not, well: Storytime.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation
reply to post by SpearMint

If someone posts a story that they saw a UFO over their barn in Ohio, even without a picture it is my experience that it is more accepted than an abduction story, both stories lack proof eqally. I have tried to post my abduction stories to several organizations online but I never get any reply, but they do seem to publish "saucer above my barn" stories that have no proof So my claim here is that it is not the amount of proof that is the issue here.

Can't you see the difference between "I saw an unidentified object flying above my barn"

and "I got kidnapped by aliens"?

One is much more believable than the other, and the first one doesn't necessarily mean Extra terrestrials, it's open to debate since it's unidentified. Proof and credibility is definitely the issue here.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Cant speak for others and skimmed thru a post about your abductions, the one about the triangle logo, so im not talking about you in this one...but im sick of fake abduction stories and blurry "ufo" photos. Why are ufo photos always blurry anyway?

Id listen to your abduction story but most of the ones ive heard were crap.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Can't you see the difference between "I saw an unidentified object flying above my barn"

If you accept intelligently controlled UFO's, is it really such a far stretch accepting that they occationally land and their occupants interact with us?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Cant speak for others and skimmed thru a post about your abductions, the one about the triangle logo, so im not talking about you in this one...but im sick of fake abduction stories and blurry "ufo" photos. Why are ufo photos always blurry anyway?

Because blurriness makes it harder to identify as a definite fake.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If you were truly abducted against your will by whoever or whatever, then my sincere condolences to you. I can't imagine the horror of such an incident in ones life.

Taking your word at face value, there are some things you need to consider. Before this ever happened to you, did you ever think it would? And how did you perceive those who claimed to be abductees previously?

If the average person in the world truly believed people were being abducted by Alien entities on a regular basis all over the globe, the fear it would produce would make 911 pale in comparison. Their would be an outcry from the public that would be deafening to governments.

So you must consider the fear factor in relation to the general public, as well as the nutcases who make claims just to get attention and money. Add to that, if it is a real phenomenon, no government is going to admit to it if they know about it, and most average citizens aren't going to choose to believe something like this without something solid to substantiate it. It's just too damn scary for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I can't post my abduction stories because I will just be scoffed since I have no proof. I think many abductees does the same, an that can't be good for the UFO community as a large piece of the puzzle is left out.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

If you accept intelligently controlled UFO's, is it really such a far stretch accepting that they occationally land and their occupants interact with us?

Ok first of all, again, "accepting" implies that it's true, that is not proven at all, so that cannot be "accepted". There is no proof of such things so you can only believe it based on nothing but stories, which is stupid. No it wouldn't be a stretch to believe they land assuming they exist, however assuming they exist is a HUGE stretch, because it's just assuming. Intelligent people will not assume that they visit and abduct us without any evidence, however they will probably believe extra terrestrial life exists, like I do, because of the math behind it.

Basically I just summed up why people don't believe you, because they're intelligent.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I believe you.

I also believe that your name, "MerkabaMeditation" is a clear sign as to WHY you've been abducted.

But now the question is, how do you know that your abduction experience wasn't a spiritual one instead of a physical one?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I can't post my abduction stories because I will just be scoffed since I have no proof. I think many abductees does the same, an that can't be good for the UFO community as a large piece of the puzzle is left out.

As much as i travel, ive noticed the world is a small place. You may have even met me before (always a small possibility)eBut anyhow i wouldnt scoff you even if i didnt believe you, and i love reading this stuff...you can always u2u me if you want.

I do agree that its sad that people act that way.
edit on 20-6-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I believe you.

I also believe that your name, "MerkabaMeditation" is a clear sign as to WHY you've been abducted.

But now the question is, how do you know that your abduction experience wasn't a spiritual one instead of a physical one?

Yes, as you can understand I'm a student of the mysteries.

My first alien experiences were not abductions and happened when I was a small child, before I had any knowledge of such things.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Because alien abductions are not real, and those who believe they are abductees have mental problems and should seek help.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Because alien abductions are not real, and those who believe they are abductees have mental problems and should seek help.

You are whqts wrong with the world. Why do you even come to such a thread to spout off #ing bull#?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join