It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder Contempt Vote Prepared in House; Asks President Obama to Exert Executive Privilege

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

They sure are fighting tooth and nail to keep these docs covered up aren't they?

Makes me wonder what else is in there that we don't know about yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well with obama invoking executive privilege over this I can't see how anybody can still support him. Holder refusing to appoint independent investigaters for the top secret information being leaked for obamas re-election, now this? How does this fall into obamas promise to be transparent?
Now you really have to wonder what obama and holder are hiding for him to make this more.
Can we now please get the impeachment hearing going before obama appoints himself dictator and takes that option away.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Moroth

Kinda make you wonder whats in them don't it.
Second line.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When the Bush Administration came under fire during his tenure, for mass firings of U.S. attorney's, ole George did the same thing. Despite his claiming executive privilege, Harriet Miers and Joshua Bolton were still held in contempt of Congress.

So if they are serious on both sides of the isle, Holder can still be held in contempt by Committee, and following that a full House vote.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Daedal because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They voted the ayes have it....
23 to 17.

Contempt resolution has been approved. I personally think, the propositions by those opposed to it may have had a chance in getting a 2 week delay, like they wanted, had not Obama declared Executive Privilege the same time the meeting started this morning. It made too many people on the committee really angry.

Des

edit on 20-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The measure now goes to the full House for consideration, expected next week, of what would be an unprecedented event - Congress holding a sitting attorney general in contempt.
thats some change i can get behind i hope this comes to a favorable conclusion

edit to add the guy speaking now(Utah) is speaking some really good wisdom on the live feed atm
www.c-span.org...
edit on 20-6-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i think the guys innocent, he's done a good job and it sucks that the people below him messed up but, he shouldnt be the scape goat and these congressmen and women are out for his head regardless. it's silly, leave the guy be.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
i think the guys innocent, he's done a good job and it sucks that the people below him messed up but, he shouldnt be the scape goat and these congressmen and women are out for his head regardless. it's silly, leave the guy be.

All he has to do is hand over the files requested. If he has nothing to hide why pull this BS?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Innocent of what? The hearing wasn't over fast and furious, it was over him being contempt of court.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Romney must feel like it's his birthday, getting a present like this.

It's a Triple Play here in June 2012.

1- Fast & Furious Scandal - Dead Border Agent Brian Terry

2- LeakyGate - White House is leaking classified info to NYT

3- SCOTUS will be flushing ObamaCare down the toilet some time this month

-------------

The White House has its hands full.

The scandal ridden Obama administration will be forced to demand a few resignations.

- Ballast off a sinking ship. -

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Originally posted by wlord

All he has to do is hand over the files requested. If he has nothing to hide why pull this BS?

The documents are very damaging.

If Holder hands over the documents he will have to resign the same day.

Obama will be smeared by a very real scandal.

---------

I see it as a no win scenario for Obama and Holder.

The worst part is NBC cannot ignore it anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moroth
I feel treason charges should be brought against both Obama and Holder. This is similar to Iran-Contra, supplying weapons to an enemy of the state is treason, plain and simple.

I voted for Obama last election, that won't be happening again.

c'mon, you voted for Obama last time????? sure you did...there are people here that are intelligent, and have actual critical thinking skills. people here on this website check many sources of info, other than right-wing media.
gee, treason....so bush, who started this. is going to trial and will get his just reward...i can't wait!!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moroth
reply to post by Covertblack

They sure are fighting tooth and nail to keep these docs covered up aren't they?

Makes me wonder what else is in there that we don't know about yet.

alot actually...see, there are ongoing investigations being done, where it is against the law to disclose the information, and witnesses of those investigations...apparently FOX NEWS didn't tell all of you "DENY IGONRANCE" right-wingers that part of the story...shocker!!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

alot actually...see, there are ongoing investigations being done, where it is against the law to disclose the information, and witnesses of those investigations...apparently FOX NEWS didn't tell all of you "DENY IGONRANCE" right-wingers that part of the story...shocker!!

He released 7600 pages already. Minus the "missing" Links of course.

The problem with that BeeEss is Holder would have simply said that !!!

oh, and yes it is under investigation. By the U.S. Congress !!

Obama too

They are both guilty

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

see, there are ongoing investigations being done, where it is against the law to disclose the information, and witnesses of those investigations.

Yeah, see, that's the problem.
The program was a extremely flawed and effed-up mess. The investigation, if one is actually taking place, needs to be taken out of the hands of the DOJ, and a special prosecutor appointed.

That is why Congress is having a close look at it. American agents, American civilians, Mexican agents and Mexican civilians have been killed by these weapons, to the tune of hundreds of people.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It's worse than WaterGate. No one died during the WaterGate Scandal.

---------
We have a border agent Brian Terry who was killed and it happened on

Obamas watch.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Wait a minute, I'm a "Right-Winger" because I won't fall for Obama's BS anymore? You are jumping to conclusions friend. I voted for Obama because I absolutely despised Bush and Obama promised change. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had real interest in changing the country for the better. And if a case where to be brought and there is enough evidence to charge Bush as well I would be ecstatic! The man is a criminal IMO.

If you have a point please go ahead and make it instead of attacking me for my opinions. And FYI, I don't think I've watched more than 15 minutes of Fox news in my entire life.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join