Something is wrong with religious thinking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

I like the Corvette. Good thing you are able to alienate everyone and stand on the real teachings of the one true religion while blaming men for the problems and avoiding any wrongdoing on your part.

You are exactly the person I described.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

take it up with God as I am sure He would be interested in just how judgmental people are over truth.

The vette? Does it bother you that much? It isn't mine, I ride a Harley I rebuilt.

I know cartoons are probably more to your liking but sadly I built cars for a living not caricatures. I could have even used a couple of 57 chevy's... one is even a show winner for the body job I did on it while the other has a 427 out of an '02 silverado and since it was a total rebuild I also put in a rock valley gas tank, dakota digital dash ( wired and programmed myself) vintage air yada yada yada but the question is, does it really matter what avatar I use or should I just go naked like yourself? (It does make finding where I left off in a thread easier btw)

Sorry, I do take pride in the things I do and accept responsibility for them too... just how am I avoiding anything when I even took the time to respond to you?

I guess I should shoot blanks so as not to offend anyone by truth?

Why would I even bother posting then?

Don't bother to reply, just do some self reflection on your own defense as you bear witness against yourself.

Let me worry about myself, I find I am in much better hands than you extend
edit on 20-6-2012 by anoncoholic because: (no reason given)

ETA I changed my avatar to my wolf/husky mix. (Because I wanted to anyway)
edit on 20-6-2012 by anoncoholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Actually, going to church does not make you a Christian, mean your saved or will go to heaven.

It's not about church attendance, it's about relationship and then church involvement.

So in answer to your statement headline, yes there is... and even Jesus hated religious thinking.

Religion is about the fear of rules. Christianity is about relationship, in which you are happy about the rules made by the one you are in relationship with.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

The problem is not with the sign, which attempts to indoctrinate out of fear. That is par the course for Christianity. Jesus taught a message of love and isolationism. Those who follow Christ teach a message of subservience through fear. That will never change. People are more inclined to do your bidding if they fear you, than if they respect or love you. That's just standard human interaction.

The real problem is that, in as advanced a culture as ours, people still believe that a deity capable of infinite punishment, for finite trespasses, is worthy of worship. Any spiritual figure capable of sending someone to any type of Hell for all eternity, for not doing something temporary, deserves only disgust and to be repelled. Such is the God of the Christians, and the way of modern Christians.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

"Hey, we're very imperfect,.. but that's okay, we serve a perfect Christ." ----> Christians

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion." -- Robert Pirsig

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Serving a "perfect" being, is no excuse to not be your own very best.

Second line.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

I believe it is scripturally referenced that proselytizing must be done for free. Sunday "ministers" are paid dis-info agents. He came to uphold the law and change not one jot or tittle. observe the sabbath is one of the laws. find the answers in the ganglionic mass behind your solar plexus. have a good sorrowful cry and then go do better. Unfortunately I see us all sinking into the morass. Good luck all.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I agree with you!! Who wants to follow a religion based on fear? This had to be in the Southern part of US.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It seems like I might be alone in my opinion, but I really like the sign. For several reasons:
(1) I like the elf shoes on the devil, and I like his tail. Even a child would think it is cute.
(2) It was made by an very old guy based on fond remembrances of what his mother used to tell him. It's nice to remember an earlier time in America.
(3) If I was driving by that sign I would probably chuckle, and then I might think "o.k. I see your point". So it's good advertising.

edit on 21-6-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

"Hey, we're very imperfect,.. but that's okay, we serve a perfect Christ." ----> Christians

This is what I mean by not accepting any responsibility for their actions. Any time someone calls them out they say it's their God that is perfect and they are all imperfect so they are not to be held accountable for anything.

Blah blah blah God blah blah blah Jesus blah blah blah faggots blah blah blah whores blah blah blah God's 10% blah blah blah God's crystal cathedral blah blah blah repent now and join our group or go straight to Hell fire damnation eternal blah blah blah!

I think I will pass!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is better to say there is something wrong with religious people and wrong clerics. and absurds that we think they are part of religion. religion means(no matter christianity or ...) that there is just an almighty God and we should live rightly to achieve the goal and that God promise will take place and the wicked will finally get defeated. that goal is nothing just humanity and a collection of beauties. we are free to think and seek the truth and choose the best. anti_christ tries to deceive us that religion is what it says. but we can understand that it is day or night even if a lot of clouds cover the sun.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I was remembering yesterday that as a child I used worry that I might be the anti-Christ. But in fact nobody really serves Christ, so we are all the anti-Christ. Even the do-gooders are only serving their own self-righteousness.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

amusing story, but anti_christ is not me and you it is a satanic system that is trying to control the world encouraging LGBT, killing poors and needies, and trying to kill God's love in the people hearts. I think they are the Masonic ones and unfortunatly they have a great influence in the world especially UK and USA. yes they are misusing USA!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is a advertisement I saw outside of a church in Sydney, Australia a few years ago. Even though the person mentioned on the poster is now dead I thought it to be in really bad taste. I hope the link works.....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Matthew Chapter 1: Emmanuel = ‘God with us’ The real name of Jesus.

“Jesus Christ” is a Roman invention [Jesus is literally a respelling of Zeus] as is most of the King James Version of the Holy Bible, which is plagued with mistranslations.

This and that may offend some people, but it’s the truth sorry. ‘Satan’ aka ‘the Devil’ is made up, however Lucifer is very real. In fact, people believe in Hell because it gives them solace that ‘bad people will be punished. Which goes against the very framework of Emmanuel’s teaching of forgiveness and acceptance, anyone who believes people deserve to ‘burn in hell’ are basically ‘Satanists.’

90% of the bible is made up. Emmanuel was still divine, was still crucified by the Romans and still rose from the dead. All ‘Christian’ especially Catholic [which I was raised] holidays are based on ancient pagan rites. This is why movies like Zeitgeist and others claim Christianity is basically sun worship. The New Testament was written by Romans loosely based on Emmanuel’s teachings so that TPTB could hi-jack it and use it for their own means because if they did not, the world would be much different. This is the reason certain gospels known as the Apocrypha were suppressed. Read in-between the lines.

The Old Testament is the Luciferian view of Adonay. Honestly, if you ‘fear’ God you are worshipping Lucifer. There is no reason to fear. 99% of the world worships Lucifer. We all must come to our own conclusions as to what is fabricated and what is genuine. Personally I do not worship Emmanuel, as he gave us a philosophy and the Romans gave us a religion.

Yet people do what they are told, there is no introspection and that is blasphemy. So go ahead and worship the Christ, without realizing you are worshiping Lucifer.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
On a recent vacation I came across a very large sign on the side of the road that I just had to stop and take a picture of to share with everyone on ATS. This sign was the size of a billboard directly in plain sight of the main interstate.

Am I the only one that thinks that the devil in question looks more like Tintin?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

well yes I agree that Bible is an old book with over and over mistranslation, it is still full of truths though.
may be it is better to say that people are afraid of their wrong behaviors not the God. when you do wrong you get farther from God(the source of real love and light) so it means you are getting into darkness it is natural that you get nervous and regretful unless ones that are completely sank in darkness they do not know (or have forgotten) what is light and love.
edit on 21-6-2012 by maes9 because: do to do not

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Am I the only one that thinks that the devil in question looks more like Tintin?

I had to google Tintin, but you are right!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

"Emanuel" isn't a proper name, it's a title. Much like " Alpha and Omega".

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 0 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live - SE4 EP5

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def