It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Iran survive an Israeli nuclear attack?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks alienpyro, Aceofbase, some here missed history lessons they land of the palestine and his history has being covered many times in these boards.

And again back to the thread no I don't think either Israel or Iran will survived a nuclear attack and Neither the surrounding countries.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienpyro
Jeremiah 29:7
"Seek out the welfare of the city to which I have exiled you and pray for it to the Almighty, for through its welfare will you have welfare."

So the land they "rightfully" took they also were punished to give it up.

not really...

G-d gave and promised the Jews this land. everytime the Jews did something bad, he put them in exile. however, G-d promised them that while they are in exile, the land of Israel will be inhabitable...

and indeed this true. the land of Israel was a swampland before the Jews came back in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

back to the topic...

[edit on 5-10-2004 by DJAghetto]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the US wouldnt allow this ( black gold ) aka OIL
think of the amount that will be destroyed

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People the question should be "Can the region survive a nuclear attack" not "Can Iran survive an Israeli nuclear attack"

We all know that Israel is not the only country in the middle east region to have nuclear capabilities, so I will be very afraid as now if Israel even attempt to use its nuclear power to attack Iran, and as US is concern he will just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

As a 1st means of retaliation I don't believe they would either.

BUT

As an analogy, take for instance, 2 rival Biker gangs in a bar after a very long generation of hate towards each other. A fight breaks out. Gang a starts with fists, as does gang B. A's ally brings in a few sticks, so gang B's brings in some blades, A recipts with some guns, before you know it, every gang in half the state is in the one bar doing full battle. The police (UN? US?) dare not enter, as it would be suicide - let them fight it out they might say.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If there is a nuclear attack anywhere in the world do you think people are going to shut up? That's inevitably the beginning of WWIII.
I would watch out for North Korea, China and Russia.

[edit on 10/29/04 by WisdomMaster]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto

Originally posted by mockan
using nuclear weapons even in an attempt to survive as a country, is not acceptable.

how about 'to survive as a nation'?

in case u didnt know, Israel is the only Jewish state in the world.

there's only 13 million Jews in the world
if the Jews are in exile again, another terrible event will happen again in Jewish History(holocaust, scapegoats, etc.)...

Most (orthodox) Jews know, in their hearts, that to observe halakhah,
they would decide to leave Israel (as painful as that choice would be),
if the alternative, by staying, was the death of millions of Arabs.
The scenario I made in my previous post, was an unlikely event that
"government" officials, of Israel, might precipitate a nuclear war in
the Middle East, if diplomacy to keep the peace with their neighbors,
failed. Judaism would continue, the People of God, would continue...
no matter where the dirt between their feet.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The Jews who live in my town tell me that they cannot have a homeland until their messiah comes, and that Israel is the creation of people who hijacked their religion.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
The Jews who live in my town tell me that they cannot have a homeland until their messiah comes, and that Israel is the creation of people who hijacked their religion.

ur right and those hijackers are Christian and Jewish Zionists. thats not the only problem, these zionists are also in the US gov't...

whether u vote for bush or kerry, it dont matter. it still benefits Israel...

[edit on 5-10-2004 by DJAghetto]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Israel has been fighting wars previously and without using nuclear weapons. I doubt they would be waiting finger on the nuke-button that some Iranian dares to give a bad look.

Just a thought: Do even all the Israelis support retaliating with nukes if Iran throws a couple of revenge missiles ?

And there's the possibility of fallout. Wouldn't be too good for tourism or farming. And when you're talking about middle east, you're very careful not to pollute any water supplies.

While US troops are hanging out in Iraq they would take part of the punch and they wouldn't be sending any christmas cards after that. Especially the oil prices being what they are even without nuclear war. Quite likely nukes are the very last resort.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

who was there before the arabs? JEWS!!!

And who was there before JEWS? Persians or should I say Iranians. Maybe you should get a history book and read that too.

Back to your question, probably not. But do you think Israel is stupid enough to use its nuke against Iran?
First of all, no one can exactly say Iran doesn�t have nukes. Why? Because they could of bought it from Russian's black markets, I am sure you all read some of these nukes gone missing few years ago. Plus Iran has been enriching uranium for the last three years and it was only last year that they announced it.

Secondly, we may not sure about Iran having nukes but we are sure that Iran has the largest stockpile of chemical weapons in the Middle East and means to deliver them.

Now I don�t know about you but if I was a leader of a country size of a peanuts, I wouldn�t jeopardize my people�s life by attacking a country 20 times bigger than mine, knowing they have large stockpiles of chemical weapons, long range missiles, and a large army next door (Lebanon) with all different kinds of missiles and god knows what

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
have a look at it, I agree with the question posted later on in the thread. Can the region survive a war.

research on iran army 2004

There is no question that Mullahs in Iran have to go. Heck even the god damn arab made religion has to go. But if you go ahead killin people indiscriminately then you are asking for it.

I have said it before, Iranians are not Palestinians. If we were to throw rocks at the Israeli Army I can gurantee you that they will be highly enriched!

[edit on 8-11-2004 by zurvan]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The honest answer to this question probably best explains why Iran is so anxious to get nuclear weapons into their arsenal as quickly as possible.

They know quite well what the situation is, and are doing what they can to make the best of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mockan
The US can get away with pre-emptive attacks. Israel can't.

Rriight...

Because world opinion was so on your side when you went after Gadaffi.

*of course I'm assuming you're a Yank*

Check out a place called al Tuweitha. The IAF paid it a little visit in 1981, put a hole in a thing called Osirak. Pre-emptive strike gotten away with.

As for the Us getting away with pre-emptive strikes, the rest of the world really came down on your side when W announced that as official US policy, didn't they?

If Israel believes it is under that kind of threat again, it will carry out that kind of action again. Remember, this is a nation whose mentality has been one of siege since its inception. They don't care about world opinion, look at their recent actions.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Iran may not survive an Israeli nuclear attack but nothing will unite India and pakistan quicker than chewing on fallout.
Their rataliation may change the course of things

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yes, as a neuclear power in "peaceful possession & use" of nuke energy can understand safety and containment proceedures and as which have built needed facilites hardened for protection from Israeli nukes. They will probably loose just under 50 percent of their people but not all.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The world needs to aknowledge making a mistake with the invention of Nuclear Weaponry and do away with them completely.
It reeks of the mine is bigger than yours syndrom with absolutely dire consequences for all. You dont need the biggest just be the more skilled.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Iran will be fine, the ones who should worry are the Israelis...because if they ever do such a thing, they can expect an invasion from all corners of the world.

And nothing would stop them. You can kill thousands and thousands, but to no avail...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
yOU KNOW WHAT IS FUNNY THOUGH. They always say that enemy of your enemy is your friend. Well we both Are fightign Islam so logic would dictate that we would be friends right?

Ok I know Iran has a islamic government. But guess what most of us don't want them! as a matter of fact we hate them. Black turban worn by them represents Arab ancestory
Khomerni Khamenei Khatami all have black turbans which means they are Arabs who are rulling a mainly non Arab country. We didn't want them 1400 years ago when they attacked us like orcs, so that they can convert us to Islam.
we were infidels then, and I am sorry that we lost then but they the future is ours a future free of Islam! as simple as that well I hope either that made out of Glass maybe??????

I hope the former is ture caz .....
the second is imposible we wont let it happen muhaa haa haa muhamuha muhahahaaa

[edit on 9-11-2004 by zurvan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join