It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There should be a new Law against Throwing Food in the Trash Bin .. (Very Shocking Pictures)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

There we are! Very good initiative. Anyways here in Holland they tested cans that were expired to find out that most things are still edible say a few months after the official date.

My mother eats about anything, she just smells it to know if it's ok.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
hahaha that looks like Panera Bread!

I used to work there. we used to throw the food out at the end of the night, too.

now we have donation people come and pick it up, take it to shelters, churches, schools, etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
and it's a LOT of food.

we can fill up to 7 LARGE garbage bags. restaurant grade, LARGE garbage bags. with bread and pastries.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Fact of the matter is (after the main issue of cost of requiring a business to take on this kind of endeavor) the reason so much food is thrown out is not only because of regulations, health, and safety. As a customer, you expect a higher quality from restraunts than from our own homes. I don't wear gloves to prepare my food at home, my family eats leftovers, and maybe even sometimes something might fall on the floor and we use the 5 second rule. Imagine your/mine/the average person's response when a restraunt tries to feed them leftovers! Try serving someone a lukewarm piece of chicken or a hamburger that's been sitting out half an hour. People are the reason businesses don't donate as much as they should. Through lawsuits and lack of patronage to businesses who dare serve foods after they have cooled.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshuti]reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

since when did it become your right to decide whether somone gets to eat or not?

Pitiful attempt, but I never made that decision, nor did I imply it.

If someone cannot afford food, that doesnt give others the right to take from one to give to another.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I know some hippie rainbow kids that dumpster dive for food even though they work and don't have to. They only get the food that is canned, contained, etc. They had a blog for a while to show what they had gotten. They once found around 50 of the big bottles of gatorade and tea that was thrown out for damaged containers.

You would be surprised how much perfectly good food in containers, including canned foods, are thrown away because the cans are bent/damaged.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join