It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING, Al-Qa’ida man takes hostages at French bank!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just seen this on sky news now info to follow

news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just a quick note on what I have found out so far guys, the guy is claiming to be a member of Al-Qa’ida however this has not been confirmed. The bank is in Toulouse which is interestingly were the Al-Qa’ida gunman recently went on his rampage killing 3 French soldiers and a Rabi as well as 3 kids. It is believed that the Director of the CIC bank is amongst the 4 hostages and shots have been fired.

Police have made contact with the man and are on the scene however I do not know if GIPN or RAID are about yet.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edition.cnn.com...

edit on 20-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because:
edit on 20-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
anyone got anymore information?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
And so it begins....

Always wanted to say that. But i do hear that this summer there will be false flags that make 911 look like childs play.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

i found this thread here its got more on the situation

2nd
edit on 20-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: stuff

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
And so it begins....

Always wanted to say that. But i do hear that this summer there will be false flags that make 911 look like childs play.

Dude its four hostages being held by a mad man claiming to be Al-Qa’ida I would hardly say that it’s the next big 9/11 false flag

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

And so it begins....

Dude its four hostages being held by a mad man claiming to be Al-Qa’ida I would hardly say that it’s the next big 9/11 false flag

He is just gathering attention before he sets off his suitcase nuke......there will be 7 more locations to follow, all in finacial districts.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

He is just gathering attention before he sets off his suitcase nuke......there will be 7 more locations to follow, all in finacial districts.

I am going to guess you have zero evidence of this….

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Something interesting that I have been reading is that the hostage taker is requesting that he only negotiates with the RAID unit that took down the French terrorist gunman earlier this year. Considering that this situation is taking place in the same places in France it could be possible that this is a revenge attack and that he is deliberately drawing them to the scene.

It has also just came out on BBC news that it is not the director of the bank but the bank manager that has been taking and they have also speculated that it may be a bank robbery gone wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

And so it begins....

Yeah..... I don't even know what to say about that. Other than this site is currently being monitored, and you may just eat your words.

As well... that is a disgusting thing to say, have fun with your fear mongering rhetoric, or false prophet nonsense.

MODs, sorry about the seemingly 'personal attack',

MODs, sorry... but I am not sorry.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Couldn’t agree with you more, there are 4 people right now in France with a gun to their head, one of the great things about ATS is the ability to discuss current events as they are happening.

Sickening fear mongering response are not only offensive to those involved but it also distracts form the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Drone the entire block, that will get rid of the terrorist and anyone standing next to the terrorist within 17.5 miles is also a terrorist by definition.
edit on 063030p://6America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jun 2012 06:08:10 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Drone the entire block, that will get rid of the terrorist and anyone standing next to the terrorist within 17.5 miles is also a terrorist by definition.
edit on 063030p://6America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jun 2012 06:08:10 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

HA thats great...but not before the french have their coffee.....coffee first....then overreaction...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What?

this is France not Pakistan and in any case you and I have debated the issue of drone strikes before I don’t want to get into it again. This thread is about the on-going hostage situation in France.

Based on what you just said everybody in Toulouse is a terrorist and I think we all know that nobody is making that claim. I know you are being flippant but usually you have something more intellectual to contribute to threads, even if I do for the most part disagree with you,

edit on 20-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hmm..So now the frogs will surrender to Al Qaeda?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well I thought it was appropriate commentary, though off-topic I agree.. somewhat.

However, I don't know how much discussion value is in this right now, until the whole thing resolves itself. The man is obviously not al-Qaeda, as it's well known the CIA is well funded and doesn't need to rob banks to fund its operations.
edit on 20-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Let's hope that this will end soon and without casualties.

I don't want to believe,actually i refuse to believe, that this will be used as an excuse for a new war.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I have a feeling it will end without serious incident, and no, I don't see how this could spark up some kind of global conflict. Unless some absurd unknown factor presents itself...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I don’t think he is Al-Qa’ida in the sense that he was once sitting in Afghanistan in meetings with Bin Laden and Co. most probably he is just some radicalised individual calling himself “Al-Qa’ida”, he might even be just claiming to be Al-Qa’ida for through madness, after all police are saying this is a bank robbery gone wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

that this will be used as an excuse for a new war.

No it won’t, this guy probably like I have said above had no real connection to Al-Qa’ida he is most probably just a radicalised individual claiming to be Al-Qa’ida. One report I read said he is form Germany, I ask you then who would this war be between.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join