It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I thought it was kinda funny, a bus monitor that cant monitor a bus full of lil kids... But if that was my mom those kids would be floating in the river... Even after she slaps the sh** out of them

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Didn't watch the full video as it was too depressing and frustrating. I'm usually a pretty calm person, but if I was there on the bus and witnessed such behaviour it would bring out the lion in me. Bullying is a terrible practice that needs to be stamped out in all areas of society. Children need to be educated from a young age that the way they treat other people can have long-lasting effects on others. Some might argue that bullying is good for building up one's resilience and desensitising them for the real world, but I do not think such cruelty brings any significant benefits for the victim.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

What exactly is she going to do to stop the kids from calling her names? All she can do is take it and move on , because lord forbid i she stands up and gives it right back. She is going to jail.

I would have

- Told the Bus driver to please pull over.
- Call the Police
- Call the School

- Profit
edit on 21-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So tired of blame being laid anywhere other than where it belongs, squarely on the head of the perpetrator. Society didn't do this and neither did tv. These boys did this. They know right from wrong and chose wrong. They know decent from indecent and chose indecent. They know appropriate from inappropriate and chose inappropriate. Most importantly, they know cruel from kind and chose cruel with great enjoyment. Their parents know exactly what they are and do nothing about it.

Personally, I don't get why children are handed so much. I hear parents talking about how they need to get a cell phone for their kids or that their kid needs a new laptop. Really? Need? If kids under 17 had no cell or recreational computer access there would probably be fewer problems with this sense of entitlement they have. But the more electronic babysitters there are, the more free time the parents have. With tv, video games, cell and laptop on duty there is very little reason to even interact with the kids anymore, much less raise or teach them how to be a human being.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You know what I find peculiar about this thread?

How many are advocating how tough physical violence is the way to handle this type of behavior.

What is odd about that to me, is that many of these tough talkers, who think heads need to be smashed, are the ones who can't stand Christianity and the bible, because....
...they feel it uses fear and fear of consequences to control behavior.

Lets face it, putting fear into people is a way of controlling behavior because at times nothing else seems to work.

BUT.. using physical violence to the extremes to show these kids a lesson is NOT the answer to how we should teach our children to handle bullies.

So..what next.. one of these kids ends up in the news within the week, having died from head injuries from a gang pile up?

Is that how some of you want this story to play out?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
You know what I find peculiar about this thread?

How many are advocating how tough physical violence is the way to handle this type of behavior.

What is odd about that to me, is that many of these tough talkers, who think heads need to be smashed, are the ones who can't stand Christianity and the bible, because....
...they feel it uses fear and fear of consequences to control behavior.

Lets face it, putting fear into people is a way of controlling behavior because at times nothing else seems to work.

BUT.. using physical violence to the extremes to show these kids a lesson is NOT the answer to how we should teach our children to handle bullies.

So..what next.. one of these kids ends up in the news within the week, having died from head injuries from a gang pile up?

Is that how some of you want this story to play out?

Oh, ok. Better put them in a timeout.

That's the answer.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Those little f#ers! Man, I've never been a fan of corporal punishment but I'd love to tie these little bastards down and pepper spray em til they piss their pants. An ugly statement from an anti-fascist, but how else do you deal with these little swine? They're probably the result of a combination of bad parenting and worse education. And it doesn't make me feel any better knowing that when these little sh#theads leave school they'll be uneducated crackhead scum like their parents, because that old lady is the one who spends their whole crappy life working some sh#tty job paying taxes to support those dole-bludging scumbags! It's a vicious cycle that never ends.

Big up lady for putting up with that crap. A lesser human being might've gone into a blood-thirsty rage and mangled the whole bus, I know I probably would have!

Bullying is a weak word that doesn't do this crime justice. This is psychological torture, not "bullying". The word "bully" is a euphemism and sounds f#ing stupid when describing situations like this. I think we need to find a new word to describe the torment of other human beings, regardless of their age.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Using fear to control others. That and people predominantly do not like weak members. If students determine that one of them is "weaker" they will tease and bully. It's human nature.

All of these attempts to eradicate bullying will fail because society will become the bully if it keeps going down this road. It will do that by eliminating some of our current freedoms.

Bullying goes away naturally as people mature and understand each other and replace their fears with knowledge. But society wants to completely remove and prevent it from happening.

It's like trying to prevent people from being stupid or ignorant.

We're all stupid or ignorant at times. There will always be failures and mistakes.

Some people just regret more and wnat a do-over. But there're no do-overs. Every moment is different. Yet some people can't get over it. They just haven't grown out of it. They keep saying, "If we had done this or done that then things we be different!" They're stubborn and will stick to this and will not relent. Inevitably, a part of our freedoms will be lost to control these condtions.

+1 for the controllers and -1 for the freedom seekers.

(i grew up being bullied. and no i'm not lying. not a troll. i really was bullied. thing is, I asked for it because I never tried to fit, never tried to respond appropriately. i made myself a target. but in the end, most of them grew up and got over it. me, maybe not so much, but most did. i'm not extending an olive branch to bullies. not implying they're good people. i'm saying it's human nature. what's funny is i'm hte real deal. i was bullied. but who knows that? i'm just anonymous on this forum.)
edit on 21-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Oh, ok. Better put them in a timeout. That's the answer.

You really don't get it..do you?

Have I said a timeout was the answer ? You keep implying that I don't want to see them punished, just because I don't agree with harsh physical vengeance. There are plenty of ways to give them consequences, that don't resort to extreme violence.

They are already suffering consequences from all their peers from that school plus beyond. I'm sure this has been taken epic proportions, and now the police have to watch that they don't get seriously hurt.

Vigilante justice from some members from 4chan is not the answer.

edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist
reply to post by Ben81

Those little f#ers! Man, I've never been a fan of corporal punishment but I'd love to tie these little bastards down and pepper spray em til they piss their pants. An ugly statement from an anti-fascist, but how else do you deal with these little swine? They're probably the result of a combination of bad parenting and worse education. And it doesn't make me feel any better knowing that when these little sh#theads leave school they'll be uneducated crackhead scum like their parents, because that old lady is the one who spends their whole crappy life working some sh#tty job paying taxes to support those dole-bludging scumbags! It's a vicious cycle that never ends.

Big up lady for putting up with that crap. A lesser human being might've gone into a blood-thirsty rage and mangled the whole bus, I know I probably would have!

Bullying is a weak word that doesn't do this crime justice. This is psychological torture, not "bullying". The word "bully" is a euphemism and sounds f#ing stupid when describing situations like this. I think we need to find a new word to describe the torment of other human beings, regardless of their age.

I guess we can be grateful you don't work as police officer, or a teacher.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

edit on 21-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: Too pissed off right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I would like to know why you continue to defend these brats?

If it were to happen to you and yours, would you feel the same way?

Think about that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by dayve

What exactly is she going to do to stop the kids from calling her names? All she can do is take it and move on , because lord forbid i she stands up and gives it right back. She is going to jail.

I would have

- Told the Bus driver to please pull over.
- Call the Police
- Call the School

- Profit
edit on 21-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Idk but i was under the assumption a the bus monitor was suppose to be albe to handle task like, defusing situations, not let kids get picked on, and so on.... She cant even stick up for herself against some lil teenage nerds. She should be fired and sent to a preschool so she can try basic monitoring skills against kids shes not afraid of.. The kids should have to walk to school for the rest of the school year.... Thats my solution

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

My opinion is that it is a natural method of education used throughout the animal world. It's a natural method of teaching a child to associate bad behavior with physical discomfort, it's immediate.

You cannot teach a child such things through conversation, they do not have the comprehension or the frame of reference that an adult has.

Imagine your child is reaching out to put their hand in the fire, are you going to smack their hand away, or are you going to sit them down and explain to them that fire burns? Try explaining how fire burns to a child who has never experienced fire before - it's a complete nonsense!

You cannot educate a child about such things through reasoning from an adult brain. It is not possible.

I remember my Dad telling me not to put that paperclip into the socket. He told me three times and let me do it the fourth time.

But it looked like it would fit and lo and behold...IT DID!

ZAP!

I also remember him chuckling as he came to pick me up. Lesson learned.

Ah...memories.

edit on 21-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I would like to know why you continue to defend these brats?

If it were to happen to you and yours, would you feel the same way?

Think about that.

where do you get that I am defending them?

I am disgusted by their behavior, and have said so numerous times.

I just don't think that smashing heads, and all the tough violent talk is any good, and some people seem to think this is the way to deal with this type of behavior.

I am disgusted by that as well.

oddly enough its the ones that advocate violence that probably bash police for brutality.

Go figure.

If it happened to me or a loved one, I'd want to see consequences, but I think if I saw them being excessively bullied and threatened to have their heads smashed, I would say "enough already.."

I might smirk when I saw them cleaning the toilets at school for the remainder of the year, and nod approvingly when their phones are taken away.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I completely agree. This woman is in the wrong line of work. I mean it sucks that this is what the kids did to her, but they should not have been able to, she is supposed to be an authority figure. Even if she felt like crying inside she should have sucked it up, put on a stern face, and put those kids in their place.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Their parents are the failures for not having taught their children right from wrong.

This is also a product of an era where parents are no longer allowed to discipline their children without CPS getting in the way. And no, I'm not talking about spanking/beating. I know of a woman who had CPS called on her for grounding her child to the house for two weeks after he stole candy from a gas station. CPS was called on her and they told her it was not healthy to ground her child to the home and not let him out for fresh air.

Parents can no longer do anything with their children with the involvement of the state.

These children should lose all of their privileges for the summer. Should enroll in a program where they help the elderly, such as yard work, meals on wheels, and working at a senior citizens center.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well, I did jump to quick and I have read the entire thread, but my mind was boiling. I'm calmer now.

It's a case of armchair quarterbacking I guess. Though I wish I was there, even as a teen.

It's ingrained in me to hate bullies and to take them on as well.

I've been in fights in my life, but I have never lost to a bully.

But I did lose to my Dad after beating up a bully.
That was one lesson he could never impart on me, for some reason I always fight for those who cannot or will not defend themselves.
edit on 21-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would punch every last one of those kids in the face and feel absolutely NO remorse...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by dayve

I completely agree. This woman is in the wrong line of work. I mean it sucks that this is what the kids did to her, but they should not have been able to, she is supposed to be an authority figure. Even if she felt like crying inside she should have sucked it up, put on a stern face, and put those kids in their place.

I have to agree with you, she's in the wrong line of work.

Those kids needed to be shut down verbally and forcefully from the get go, as well as reported immediately for their actions.

They shouldn't have been allowed back on that bus ever again, if it continued.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join