It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hes probably one of the kids whose parents only gave him a soft talking to when he did horrendous things. Xbox taken away for several hours only if he committed murder or rape.

Well, this is the kind of person we end up with. A heartless, compassionless individual who probably thought the whole video was amusing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by dayve
reply to post by Whateva69

So it will probably max out close to, or more than a million dollars..... Because she couldnt stick up for herself on a bus full of KIDS.... She could have asked the bus driver to let her off. Ohwell... Whats gonna happen when some 9 year old punks her for a million dollars.

Geez. what a winner you seem to be.

She was on a school bus, not on a commuter bus. She couldn't just ask the driver to get off, as it is called "job abandonment" and she would be fired.

You think it is ok for children to victimize someone who is just trying to make a buck while helping the community? She had a family member commit suicide, and was crying when they told her that her family would rather kill themselves than be around her.

Yeah, real winner. Mom must be proud. I would posit that since you use an adolescent vernacular ("Punks her out"), that you are either an adolescent physically or intellectually. What other type of mental giant would ridicule an elderly woman for crying?
edit on 26-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Quit being so sensitive.. She should have abandon her job because she is horrible at it. And i didn't say "punks her out" i said punks her for her million dollars. But I'll rephrase what i mean for you common folk, that need to try n be eloquent all the time... She's a big baby, too busy feeling sorry for herself to even act like an adult and stand up for herself. So who's to say a 9 year old boy isn't going to yell at her and make her give him the million dollars? You can attack me all you want, but you know I'm right

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Oh come on.

So many judgements against the old woman for just a few minutes of film.

Wow, just wow.

A few minutes out of decades of life and all of a sudden everybody knows her inside and out and completely.

Stop being so damned judgmental folks.

Remember, what goes around comes around.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

She's a big baby, too busy feeling sorry for herself to even act like an adult and stand up for herself.
reply to post by dayve

I find this quote humorous, since youve proven to be such an authority on how adults should act.......

Youve demonstrated time and time again that your line of thinking as far as this whole situation is concerned, is grossly off base.....

However, though I disagree with you, you are entitled to your own opinion , and I commend you for sharing it, despite the fact that most of us do not agree....

Im just dumbstruck by the logic you are using .......

at any rate, thanks for sticking with the thread

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hes probably one of the kids whose parents only gave him a soft talking to when he did horrendous things. Xbox taken away for several hours only if he committed murder or rape.

Well, this is the kind of person we end up with. A heartless, compassionless individual who probably thought the whole video was amusing.

Y would you assume that? I didn't find the video amusing and i said they should make the kids walk to school. But i dont think this lady deserves hundreds of thousands of dollars because a few 11 year olds made fun of her.... I guess I'm the only one on here that actually goes out into the real world and see's alot worse things happen to people. Your a bunch of softies

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

She's a big baby, too busy feeling sorry for herself to even act like an adult and stand up for herself.
reply to post by dayve

I find this quote humorous, since youve proven to be such an authority on how adults should act.......

Youve demonstrated time and time again that your line of thinking as far as this whole situation is concerned, is grossly off base.....

However, though I disagree with you, you are entitled to your own opinion , and I commend you for sharing it, despite the fact that most of us do not agree....

Im just dumbstruck by the logic you are using .......

at any rate, thanks for sticking with the thread

I don't see how she could raise kids, if she cant stick up for herself. If anyone's to blame for this, its the school, for hiring her. You can see by the way she talks she's kinda slow.... I would feel sorry for her if she would have been firm and told the kids to stop... She shoulda got off the bus and abandon her job, she still would have got paid..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Haven't read through all of these pages, but to those defending these kids, and saying it isn't their fault, but they are a product of blah...blah....blah....

That's complete BS!

These kids ARE responsible for their actions. Every damned one of them needs to be in some severe counseling, community service program, etc. They simply aren't wired right, and need a real reality check. In addition, they need to be kicked off the bus, with their parents forced to arrange transport to school.

Furthermore, the other kids on the bus, that allowed this to happen, share some of the responsibility for it. If I found out my kid was on that bus, and did nothing, he'd have just as much to answer for. I simply wasn't raised like that, to sit back and watch someone be treated that way.

When I was a kid, I was the classic guy who stood up to bullies. Luckily, I tended to fall into the older group of kids wherever I went, so that certainly facilitated it, but often, all it took was someone calling them out on the behavior. Occasionally though, it came down to physical means. Still, even as a kid, if I was on that bus, there is no way I would have stood by for that crap. Even if you took a beating, it'd be worth it to stand up for your principles.

I'm glad she's got a bunch of money now so that maybe she can quit this crap job.

What a horrible example of the youth of today.

I also have to say though, that I have gotten the opportunity, over the years, to meet at least two of the bullies I stood up against years ago. I can gladly say that both actually thanked me for my intervention back then, including one guy whose butt I really kicked pretty bad (during our altercation, I laid hands on a rubber hose and beat the tar out of him with it). That's right, I fight dirty, and to win.

So, these kids aren't beyond redemption...but they do need to realize just how wrong they were.

But i dont think this lady deserves hundreds of thousands of dollars because a few 11 year olds made fun of her.... I guess I'm the only one on here that actually goes out into the real world and see's alot worse things happen to people. Your a bunch of softies

I don't think it's a question of her "deserving" the money. The money is just people's way of helping to send a message that such bullying won't be tolerated. Although if someone offered me thousands to put up with a few minutes of being bullied by kids, I'd let them have at it...

edit on 27-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Sure, it is their fault, but if they've never had any guidance, or never been reprimanded, or never been shown a decent example of good behavior, then this is to be expected. It isn't an excuse, but it is a reason.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

.. I guess I'm the only one on here that actually goes out into the real world and see's alot worse things happen to people. Your a bunch of softies

I have worked with troubled kids, and done multiple tours since 2001 into Iraq and Afghanistan many times in serious combat situations.....

I think im pretty damn well aware of the atrocities that happen on a regular basis in this world.......

On the flip side, i feel like your armchairing this whole situation and maybe its YOU who has no idea how people SHOULD be acting, considering youre placing so much blame on this poor woman....

You see its a pretty narcissistic view for you to sit here, and tell everyone ELSE they are wrong, and maintain that there is something wrong with THEM and THEIR thinking, when its clear you stand alone in your camp of thought.....

1 man stands in a room full of hundreds, who are telling him hes nuts, and hes defiant telling the rest of them no THEY must all be crazy...

Im sorry but im seeing a bit of some deeper psychological issues here

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I really dont care, she is not my mom or any body related to me, and she just sat their, so she does not get my sympathy on this... I also dont care what the majority thinks on here, everybody claims they where "the kid who fought bullies that picked on kids" Suuureee...... Well thats not my job, to be superman... Keep ignoring the bigger picture, she should have never been on that bus to begin with. Maybe she is a nice old lady and deserves a vacation, well, maybe she should have got a job that suits her and buy a damn vacation herself.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I really dont care, she is not my mom or any body related to me,...

And that is the crux of the situation humanity finds itself in now.

J

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I really dont care, she is not my mom or any body related to me, and she just sat their, so she does not get my sympathy on this... I also dont care what the majority thinks on here, everybody claims they where "the kid who fought bullies that picked on kids" Suuureee...... Well thats not my job, to be superman... Keep ignoring the bigger picture, she should have never been on that bus to begin with. Maybe she is a nice old lady and deserves a vacation, well, maybe she should have got a job that suits her and buy a damn vacation herself.

Dayve, I do see the point you are trying to make, but I think it takes away from the kids being accountable for some very sad type of bullying. If they think its ok to bully an adult bus monitor this way, I wonder what kids in their peer group, or younger maybe subjected to?

Had this been a teacher on recess supervision, and it was taped, the public would be questioning why it was allowed to go on for so long. Only problem is, that she could not send them to the principals office, and she could have been in deep trouble for abandoning the bus, or making them get off (child endangerment comes to mind , for them being let of without transport ). She said she knew they were getting off soon, and so she thought it best to ignore it.

She didn't deserve this sort of treatment, and we don't really understand the options she had. She is probably a nice older woman who didn't want to yell, and saying this is her fault, is not making the kids accountable for their actions. I'm sure she learned a lot from the experience, and has had some further sort of instruction on how to effectively deal with issues like this. ( I think confiscating a phone until they get off should apply here...but that could lead to physical fighting, and further problems)

Those kids acted like mean little brats, and saying she isn't qualified to do her job, doesn't take away from that fact.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae

J

What do you mean, I wasn't their and i really have no clue who she is... Do you feel emotions for everything you see n the internet ?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Idk about the kids, all i keep hearing is how much money this lady is getting. But i do think they deserve to do 100 hours of community service for this lady, public humiliation, and or walk to school for the winter... Seem's like their could have been somethin she could do, but maybe not. I'd be alot more sympathetic if she did risk losing her job to shut these kids up, or walked off the bus. But, it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Students who bullied N.Y. bus monitor are suspended for a year

Four middle school students caught on camera verbally abusing their bus monitor have been suspended for a year and will be required to complete 50 hours of community service, school district officials said Friday.

Recorded by a student with a cell phone camera on what was the second-to-last day of school, the brazen bullying went viral and spurred international outrage.

The incident occurred in Greece, New York, near Rochester.

"Following individual meetings this week with school and district administrators, each family waived their right to a hearing and agreed to one-year suspensions from school and regular bus transportation," the Greece Central School District said in a statement.

The students will be transferred to the district Reengagement Center, it said. Each will also be required to complete 50 hours of community service with senior citizens and must take part in a formal bullying prevention program.

I think the punishment is perfect

those brat will have their first lesson of karma
i dont think they will do that again .. they are probably traumatise

especially receiving thousand of threats from strangers

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well, we know that she's not your mom. If she was, you'd probably have a better grasp on the spelling, grammar, and punctuation of the English language.

And you're right, we can't call you wrong. This is all your opinion that you are stating, and opinions are not facts, so they really can't be right or wrong. What we CAN say, however, is that your opinion sucks.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJae

J

What do you mean, I wasn't their and i really have no clue who she is... Do you feel emotions for everything you see n the internet ?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Four middle school students caught on camera verbally abusing their bus monitor have been suspended for a year and will be required to complete 50 hours of community service, school district officials said Friday.

Recorded by a student with a cell phone camera on what was the second-to-last day of school, the brazen bullying went viral and spurred international outrage.

The incident occurred in Greece, New York, near Rochester.

"Following individual meetings this week with school and district administrators, each family waived their right to a hearing and agreed to one-year suspensions from school and regular bus transportation," the Greece Central School District said in a statement.

The students will be transferred to the district Reengagement Center, it said. Each will also be required to complete 50 hours of community service with senior citizens and must take part in a formal bullying prevention program.

I think the punishment is perfect

those brat will have their first lesson of karma
i dont think they will do that again .. they are probably traumatise

especially receiving thousand of threats from strangers

I don't agree with the threats. That is simply grown adults acting like those bullies. How can people proclaim to be better than those kids while threatening and verbally abusing them too?

I get the anger (seeing it made my blood boil) but at the same time I would have hoped that people would have been able to step back and remember that these are just kids. They are a product of their family, parenting and social surroundings.

If a dog bites someone, you shouldn't blame the dog, you should blame the owner.

As for he "punishment" I wonder just how much punishment this is. 50 hours of community service is nothing. That's over in a couple of weeks. What are they supposed to learn in a just a couple of weeks?
A year out of school? That would have been a blessing to me at that age - not punishment at all.

If anything, they've been let off far too lightly.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
A year out of school? That would have been a blessing to me at that age - not punishment at all.

If anything, they've been let off far too lightly.

The Re-Engagement center is designed to provide opportunities for students who have not been attending school in order to re-engage into a school setting, or to provide opportunities for students who are severely credit deficient. The purpose is to stabilize them and provide for any other emotional or physical needs that may be preventing them from being successful in an academic setting and to provide opportunities for credit recovery. Ultimately the goal is to re-engage the student into a school setting in order for them to graduate or to help them obtain a GED.

ReEngagement Center

It appears they will be attending an alternative type of school as opposed to being entirely out of school for a year. Since they have been also suspended from regular bus transportation, I wonder if the parents will be responsible for their transportation there or if a "special" bus will be provided.

1 year suspension from school and bus; 50 hrs community service (working with the elderly); complete formal bullying prevention program---I don't know, detached, if I agree its too light punishment. Had they been in high school, I would have expected more stringent measures to have been taken.

J

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
seen this on the news.

RIP
Common sense.

Common sense died did you hear that.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join