It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

While I am not a Christian, I can plainly see that greed and envy truly are 2 evils. If the only reason you "poo poo" this is because people decided to donate a bunch of money to her over this, then you let your greed and envy cloud your vision.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Manhater

While I am not a Christian, I can plainly see that greed and envy truly are 2 evils. If the only reason you "poo poo" this is because people decided to donate a bunch of money to her over this, then you let your greed and envy cloud your vision.

I think that maybe a bit unfair.

I personally don't envy her or want the money, yet I think that their are many good causes, that could use that money, in situations where bullying took place.

I respect that people support her, and have given her money, but I also see that if you want to help someone who has been abused, there are many many far worse cases, that deserve that kind of compassion and support.

I honestly feel bad for the kids , who have put up with so much more, and weren't old enough to really process it correctly, and it has effected their self esteem in serious ways , which has lasted all their life.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Luis Recio Jr, who recorded the incident, has spoken out:

Do you believe him?

J

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A lot of people are going to blame me for this post - and I definitely am writing this in a fit of anger, because stories like this are heart wrenching - they make my heart bleed. But those kids should be flogged. Seriously. The Golden Rule says, "Treat others as you yourself want to be treated". Well, they've plainly shown how they want to be treated. Beat the living crap out of the little bastards. That ought to teach them a #ing lesson in humanity. I'm so #ing sick of bullies. There should be no mercy whatsoever to somebody like that - because showing mercy to them is a lighter version of things like negotiating with terrorists - it's like letting them get away with the crap.

*Insert extremely long curse here*

I'll say it again. Those kids deserve to be flogged. There is no excuse whatsoever - not even age, or lack thereof - for making another person feel bad, physically OR mentally.

This reminds me of the movie "the Fat Boy Chronicles", one of the most heart wrenching movies I've ever seen. We all know it's not healthy being overweight. We all know they're going to die at an early age if they do not change their life styles. We all know it's - frankly speaking - gross to look at in some cases. With this knowledge in hand we have two options;

A) Bully them, make fun of them and destroy them mentally to make ourselves feel better because we're disturbed by the sigt.

or

B) Help them, encourage them, help them to actually get off their butts and start working out to loose weight - even jog with them if we have to.

It doesn't take a bloody rocket scientist to figure out which one is the right path.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Sorry, people. When I see and hear stuff like this, my instinct to bring out my fists and beat someone to death surfaces...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

LIke I told my son a few minutes ago, the world is neither fair nor logical.

I would suspect that she will spread that money around pretty well.

But the quote "To be smart enough to get all that money you must be dull enough to want it." by G.K. Chesterton comes to mind here.

To clarify, I was not trying to be unfair to anyone. I tend to be painfully blunt sometimes. It is how i am IRL, too. Both with myself and with the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

I'll say it again. Those kids deserve to be flogged. There is no excuse whatsoever - not even age, or lack thereof - for making another person feel bad, physically OR mentally.

Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds for advocating physical violence against someone?

So what next, after you publicly flog them, someone will come along and flog you?

Is that what you mean by "do unto others as you would have them do unto you?"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by Gauss

Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds for advocating physical violence against someone?

So what next, after you publicly flog them, someone will come along and flog you?

Is that what you mean by "do unto others as you would have them do unto you?"

You can try if you want to, mate...

I don't go around bullying people, though. I limit my acts of such activity to beating up bullies.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by WhisperingWinds

LIke I told my son a few minutes ago, the world is neither fair nor logical.

I would suspect that she will spread that money around pretty well.

But the quote "To be smart enough to get all that money you must be dull enough to want it." by G.K. Chesterton comes to mind here.

To clarify, I was not trying to be unfair to anyone. I tend to be painfully blunt sometimes. It is how i am IRL, too. Both with myself and with the world.

yep, I agree with you..it isn't always fair.

No worries on explaining yourself, I think you and I are pretty blunt with how we say things.

I like what you have to say, and how you say it, I sometimes might disagree a bit with you, but respect you none the less.

That being said, I'm happy the woman got some moral and financial support, I only wish more victims of terrible bullying got the same.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The bottom line is, those kids need to be taught what discipline and respect are....and if their parents don't care about what they did, then maybe they should be sent to a bootcamp, as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by dayve

You must be a juvenile.

Pray tell, what makes her a horrible authority figure? The fact that she is doing a job that shouldn't have to be done? Where I come from there are no bus monitors. You either act right, or you get banned from the bus. Then mom and dad can drive you to school.

No, i think she was a dedicated servant. She spent 23 years dealing with those snot nosed brats, and not once stood trial for murder. Far more deserving of a Nobel Prize than our POTUS.

Idk what kind of church bus you rode on, but in reality, kids do what they want on the bus, if this old lady didnt have the heart to stick up for herself, than she should have let somebody who could do her job. But it was a scam anyway so who gives a ****

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Scam, really? So you are saying the bus monitor made a deal with these kids to talk trash and post it on youtube so that thousands of gullible Americans would put out half a mil in donations? I know this is ATS, but c'mon! You're gonna need some proof buddy, this being ATS and all.

edit on 23-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Oviously, and very sadly, the next generation of cruelty and meanness is alive, and well and living in at least 4 stupid and unthinking children, The monitor held her composure with dignity, and she has my everlasting respect and support during this period. Best wishes good lady! To the children, you have my pity.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

#1: she should not have been a bus monitor if she didn't have a pair of balls.

#2: even though I'm glad she's getting all that money, it doesn't do anything to stop this social problem of bullying (personally I don't think you can stop it I think it's human nature, not that that's a good thing, I think it's better for society if we are nice to one another.)

and #3: I like to bully bullies so am I better than them?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I would like to know how this woman got the job as a bus monitor? What Einstein hired her? THAT person should be fired.

I think it's hysterical that she's just won the lottery and was wondering what you were thinking with that quote. Who is "smart" and "dull"? The lady? if so, I don't see the connection.

Her situation makes me think of Leon Russell's song Tightrope

"I'm up on the tightrope , one sides hate and one is hope
It's a circus game with you and me.
I'm up on the tightwire , linked by life and the funeral pyre
But the tophat on my head is all you see.

And the wire seems to be the only place for me
A comedy of errors and I'm falling
Like a rubber neck giraffe, you look into my past
Well, baby you're just too blind to see.

I'm up in the spotlight, oh does it feel right
The altitude seems to really get to me.
I'm up on the tightwire linked by life and the funeral pyre
Putting on a show for you to see."

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I love that she's getting all that money but I couldn't watch the part with Matt Lauer, it was more depressing than seeing the actual video

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

The smart and dull....it is a quote. I reference the people who allow their jealousy of her recent fortune show as their only negative statement regarding this story.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I rode on a public school bus in a small west Texas rural community. In the area I grew up in, children were not allowed to speak to adults in this manner. When they did, the whole community generally knew about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

right? I mean give her a break already, she'll probably do some nice things with the money. I think that part of this is the only real justice, that she got money. Because really what else could suffice?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you guys saw this yet or not:

Donate to Karen

Someone started a fund for her in order to give her a 'vacation' but the amount donated so far has almost made it to where she could quit that job dealing with those little worthless scumbags.

So, instead of doing what probably needs to be done and 'disappearing' those kids forever - let's all chip in some funds for her to get out of that situation!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

I would like to know how this woman got the job as a bus monitor? What Einstein hired her? THAT person should be fired.

The job pays $15K per year...and doesn't include combat pay. Give the lady a break; she followed all of the the guidelines associated with her responsibilities as a school bus monitor (the rules do not include 'Engage & Destroy'...they are to monitor the safety of the kids and (after the fact) to report incidences of abuse to the school office...for them to deal with the problem.

The woman is a retired, 68 yr. old grandmother, NOT an ex Marine drill Sargent...These are the types of jobs available to retired folks such as her.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join