It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by Murgatroid

Nope, this nation would just have more people who think brutality is the answer to everything.

"God help us if people like this run our countries..."

WHAT do you mean IF? ! ? !

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

WHAT do you mean IF? ! ? !

I get your point, some are just much more subtle about it...yet you advocate it?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Even the parents are beginning to speak out.

A transcription shows one of the Hispanic mother's grief about the situation, lost in translation

"Why you Lisa some Bobby awe, you not suppose to Lisa some Bobby off. I sorry for everybody and that what something what happen today. I'm feel berry bad. Caring I sorry."

edit on 22-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Is that your subtle way of putting the mother down?

Please provide a link from where you got that transcript?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Is that your subtle way of putting the mother down?

Please provide a link from where you got that transcript?

Put down? This is copied directly from the YouTube video comments...

edit on 22-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Link please ?

Have to check out who made it?.. and for what purposes.

C'mon..give us the link.

Could very well be some smart ass poking fun, or getting his cheap thrills by setting up a fraud.

After all you know what some people can be like..

edit on 22-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

The parents ARE speaking out, Bob: /watch?v=KdfRHlzWOZk

Despite the inaccurate subtitles in the linked video, I have graciously helped transcribe one of their mother's grief about the situation: "Why you Lisa some Bobby awe, you not suppose to Lisa some Bobby off. I sorry for everybody and that what something what happen today. I'm feel berry bad. Caring I sorry."

See?!? The parents DO care...about, uh...Bobby and Lisa....offing people, or something...

@$$man Manass 8 minutes ago 3

www.youtube.com...] Bus Monitor Bullied by 7th graders...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You must be a juvenile.

Pray tell, what makes her a horrible authority figure? The fact that she is doing a job that shouldn't have to be done? Where I come from there are no bus monitors. You either act right, or you get banned from the bus. Then mom and dad can drive you to school.

No, i think she was a dedicated servant. She spent 23 years dealing with those snot nosed brats, and not once stood trial for murder. Far more deserving of a Nobel Prize than our POTUS.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

and you call a post on that blog, by someone claiming to have translated what one mother said, as proof she said that?

c'mon. even if she did post, how can we be sure it was "translated" properly. There are so many haters against these parents , that I strongly suspect it was just another form of bullying from someone who claims to to be against bullying.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You expecting parents to not let their children watch TV, go to movies, or have a facebook account, so their children are not subjected to seeing this kind of behavior.

I expect parents who are concerned about their child to monitor the kinds of things influencing their impressionable minds.

When I was a kid I didn't have a TV in my bedroom until I was 15. I watched TV with my family in the evenings. The only computer I had in my teen years was an Atari 800.

There was no FaceBook. And we functioned perfectly well as a species without it for thousands of years.

In all honesty, my child would not have a TV in their room before the age of 15. They would have access to the internet in a family room until the age of 16. They would have a mobile phone capable of sending and receiving calls and text messages from specific numbers only until they were 15.

Disrespect like that is rampant online , as well as in the media. Kids pick up a lot from their peers, and those perhaps a bit older, when playing online video games , etc. It becomes socially acceptable to some, and considered cool to others, even if their parents are adamantly against it.

As I've said countless times, that is not an excuse. A parent is still capable of cutting the cable. If a parent allows their child to pick up that kind of attitude from others over a computer game they ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE for allowing their child to play that game.

Yes, parents can take away video games, and stop television, but they can't follow their kids around 24/7, making sure they behave respectfully.

No, you're right. But how many kids now have PC's in their rooms, scream and yell at complete strangers in on-line gaming, are constantly on FaceBook, have their own phones? With that kind of free and open communication with anyone, anytime, these parents are not even TRYING to protect their children.

No child "suddenly" starts acting this way towards other people, especially not at this age. I refuse to accept that there have been no warning signs prior to this. But as we're talking about youth and society in general, that's neither here nor there.

Parents are still responsible for their child up until the age of 18 (in most western nations), and no amount of "if was the TV's fault" can remove that responsibility.

Now, going back to the bad parenting comment, there are many(in my day at least) who would say that any child who smoked pot, or drank alcohol as a teenager, were not being raised properly, and would argue that fact just as you are arguing yours.

I agree, there were adults back then who would have taken one look at me with my long hair, Metallica T-shirt, Doc Martens and leather jacket and believed I was trouble. The truth is I wasn't really, and once I started speaking they would have known that. Thankfully, I never experienced any parent being concerned about their child hanging around with me.
Maybe I was just raised with a whole lot of hippies, but looking back on it now I believe all of my friends parents would have expected us to get up to "mischief" but they would have also known that I was not abusive, disrespectful or dangerous in any way.

Ultimately, I think this all comes back to something I experience a lot in my line of work. I work in the on-line business, and there are always parents attacking the freedom of the internet and blaming everyone but themselves for the actions and experiences of their children.
These are the parents who make demands about the government monitoring and restricting, while knowing nothing about how to use a PC and refusing to take any responsibility themselves.

If a parent were really concerned about the things influencing their child they would take action to prevent it. But they don't, because they're weak and pathetic and they want someone else to do it for them. If a parent is really that concerned about the internet they would remove that PC, put blocks in place, take that phone back or do any one of a number of things, but they don't. They stamp their feet and blame the media.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

and you call a post on that blog, by someone claiming to have translated what one mother said, as proof she said that?

c'mon. even if she did post, how can we be sure it was "translated" properly. There are so many haters against these parents , that I strongly suspect it was just another form of bullying from someone who claims to to be against bullying.

Starred your post, that "translation" seems to be nothing more than racism. They've deliberately mocked the mother for their own ends.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Parents are still responsible for their child up until the age of 18 (in most western nations), and no amount of "if was the TV's fault" can remove that responsibility.

Ok..you have made your point.

My point is that many children will succumb to peer pressure at times, and do things they generally might not do, despite the best efforts of the parents, regardless of whether they have a television in their rooms, or play online video games.

You have many years of parenting ahead of you by the sounds of it , I hope it all goes well for you.

BUT, if one or more of your children should happen to do something that you totally disagree with, and even find disgusting,(while they are under the age of 18)... just remember.. I won't blame you for that, because I know you are trying to do the best you can.

You may not even ever find out about it, and others will know, but it still wouldn't change the fact that I wouldn't blame you.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Human beings tend to be unthinking conformists and can't imagine that society has been thoroughly corrupted. Monkey see; monkey do. And most of what monkey sees is degrading and often disgusting. Link

WHY SMART PEOPLE OFTEN CAN'T SEE THE TRUTH

"Psychologists use the term Cognitive Dissonance to explain the brain’s inability to consider opposing evidence. Governments intentionally try to create this disorder in the population. That’s how they can get away with creating events like 9/11. Cognitive Dissonance is a form of government sponsored mind control." Source

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religions destroy spirituality." ~ Michael Ellner

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

My point is that many children will succumb to peer pressure at times, . . .

My granddaughter tried to use "peer pressure" as an excuse once.

I told her: "You substitute "peer pressure" for PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY - - - - no exceptions".

Peer Pressure is not an excuse allowed in this house.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I can certainly understand your point, but if a child has been raised well they will not succumb to such peer pressure in attacking another person. To do so displays a lack of morality, and that comes from their upbringing and the influences their parents allow.

I think we can agree to disagree, but it's been a good and healthy debate, which is something that often falls into chaos here on ATS, so thank you for the great discussion

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Starred your post, that "translation" seems to be nothing more than racism. They've deliberately mocked the mother for their own ends.

detachedindividual

I didn't even notice the insults... Personally I LOVE Hispanics and used to share a home with an entire family.

I try to ignore hate and give people the benefit of the doubt and believe the best about all regardless of WHAT color their skin, hair, or shoes are.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

My point is that many children will succumb to peer pressure at times, . . .

My granddaughter tried to use "peer pressure" as an excuse once.

I told her: "You substitute "peer pressure" for PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY - - - - no exceptions".

Peer Pressure is not an excuse allowed in this house.

I agree its no excuse, but at the same time, once things get into action, some children find it very difficult to speak up, or go against the grain.

Some children have suffered terrible bullying and retaliation because of it, and other children see that. Its not an excuse, but its part of human nature, and even adults do it . (fail to speak up)

I have also said in earlier posts that personal responsibility needs to be taken, which is why I wouldn't agree with someone down the street ranting about on about what a poor parent you are, because your child willingly chose to do something, or go along with something, for whatever reason.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Ultimately, I think this all comes back to something I experience a lot in my line of work. I work in the on-line business, and there are always parents attacking the freedom of the internet and blaming everyone but themselves for the actions and experiences of their children. These are the parents who make demands about the government monitoring and restricting, while knowing nothing about how to use a PC and refusing to take any responsibility themselves.

If a parent were really concerned about the things influencing their child they would take action to prevent it. But they don't, because they're weak and pathetic and they want someone else to do it for them. If a parent is really that concerned about the internet they would remove that PC, put blocks in place, take that phone back or do any one of a number of things, but they don't. They stamp their feet and blame the media.

I guess I was lucky that we didn't even have a pc in our home till my children were well into their teens, and quite frankly I was too naive to know the dangers then.

What I have a problem with on the net, is the fact that because of technology today, someone could take a picture of your child naked, (while they are changing into their clothes after a school swim), and post it on some creepy site, and you would have a long wait trying to find out who the perpetrator is because of the methods they have to remain anonymous.

Someone who is angry at your daughter when she is in her teens, could take her picture and put it up on a site where she is advertised as selling sex.

Technology , and those who know the ways to hide, get away with so much, and in the process destroy lives.

I hardly think calling parents weak and pathetic because they don't have the means to stop this kind of behavior, and wish that there were better methods to make people accountable for what they do on the net, very fair.

I really hope you don't teach your children to call others weak and pathetic without really understanding their issues.

Those are just a few examples, by the way, there are far worse, and they have nothing to do with monitoring your kids online.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Her donations are up to half a million. Good work people for helping her

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You know how many people have been bullied besides her? High schools, adults, grandmas and grandpas, do you see them making $500,000 from their demise? Nooooooooo...

Why is she so special? Because at that elderly age?

Give me a break, it goes on all over the world and no one else makes $500,000. Heck, and even some of the bullied people have been all over youtube. Stupid.

Where's my $500,000?
edit on 22-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join