It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Warning .. Bullying kids at their best

Bullying at school his not new .. but these kids have no heart
it is a sad reality that many childrens and adults are suffering each day.. all yrs long
This is the deadliest form of psychological torture until the victims become desperated
to a point where many think of suicide .. it happened before and will still happen

How do you think this poor lady emotion state will be when she return home
she will probably cry all the night ..
hope she is strong to know bullies are not normal people but mentally unstable
showing such disrespect to a elder ..
many would like to slap those little crap .. me first
but it is not the way

Spoiled kids of today have no mercy
she didnt diserve to be treated with such hatred .. what the world has become ?
and what it will become if this doesnt stop
edit on 6/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I don't blame the kids as such, they are only reacting to the lack of rules and authority put in place by the adults.

Kids will be kids and can be cruel, it's part of growing up. It's up to us adults to steer them in the right direction, let them know of the consequences of their actions and teach them to respect others.

I don't know what system is in place but she should of been able to get the driver to stop the bus, get all their names and report their behaviour to the school and their parents. I'm sure some of their parents will be ashamed of how their kids acted. Their phones should have been taken away from them too.

The bus driver should have supported her but may not have known.

Poor woman, she must have felt like shi*.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

DISGUSTING.

And it's sad not one of those kids stood up against the rest. It's sad the bus driver did not force them out. It's sad that nobody else except for the kids that were there, did anything. It's sad, but if I know one thing about life is; they will get theirs. Of that I am a thousand percent sure.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I couldn't watch it anymore when she started to cry....unbelievable.

That bus driver should have pulled that bus over, called the school and made those cruel little brats get picked up by thier parents, and then have been banned from ever riding on the bus again....make thier parent deal with them getting to school.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That is one hurtful video.. It saddens me to think of how bulling is seen by these kids. All they know is it makes themselves feel better and gets a laugh out of few others. In my opinion it's just a jab at themselves, one that may or may not be conscious. Every joke they threw at her was a huge plead to be accepted and liked by the other kids. The senseless, shallow onslaughts will continue until we teach our kids to understand.

You can't just say to a kid "bulling is bad". That child must be honest enough with themselves (I suspect this too will need to be learned) to become capable of understanding the whys, and finally to become solid enough in themselves to not need to resort to such tactics. Schools don't provide these lesson, but parents should.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

You can't blame the kids for not sticking up for her. You don't know what kids were on that bus.
All or most school buses have bullies on them.
In my school days we'd 'prune' the weaker ones on the bars running along the length of the bus. (Basically grabbing hold of each foot either side of the metal bar and pull until bar hits groin.) Not that I took part in it or got pruned myself, I was lucky but to stand up to the bullies can make you a future victim.

It's up to the adults to enforce discipline.

Sadly today, especially here in the UK, adults won't get involved in correcting bad child behaviour due to the fear of getting charged with assault.

In my day we feared adults at the risk of getting a clip around the ear. Without that fear in place we would have known they can't touch us so we'll carry on being naughty. No immediate consequences, no immediate results.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yep, that's just sick. Again, it starts with ingraining decent morals and values into them from day dot. It doesn't make it any better when you look at society as a whole, with the amount of garbage on t.v., music, fashion.....kids try to emulate "cool" and "tough" without having substance. A lot of them just try to one up the next guy as long as they get a laugh and not laughed at, or pick on someone as long as they aren't being picked on themselves.

In general, western society in particular is going down the chute right now, the whole world is overdue for a wake up call in my opinion.

XL5

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video as I know it will just fuel my rage. That said, I know a sure fire way to get them to think before they hurt some one. Find an some one who has no problem punching them untill they scream in terror and wet them selfs (like in Christmas story). Then make that person the bus monitor. Will it teach the kids its ok to use violence, no, it will teach them that they don't know if the person they upset is the "wrong" person. Anything else is a joke to them.

Some people have respect, some don't and some fear the wrong people and just stay quiet. The kids should really be sent to a very rough boot camp or be kicked off the bus and walk as soon as they even open their mouths.

If they do get a big dose of karma, it will be when they are too old to remember why, too old to care and will not do them or the people around them any good while it matters.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

In general, western society in particular is going down the chute right now, the whole world is overdue for a wake up call in my opinion.

Only if you look at the bad bits.

The Western World is socially more advanced than backward places where people, including children can be killed for being a witch.

We do have our problems, mainly due to the influence of new technology. Socially we have to adapt and correct the problems that arise from this.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Inquisitive1

While I agree it is the parents job to teach empathy and morals to thier children. There were about 3 kids it sounded like doing the "bullying" and probably a bunch of kids on that bus that were all "mortified" and probably watching in shock.

2 adults on that bus did nothing and allowed this to continue, I've been a chaperone on a few field trips in my day, and no parent or bus driver I ever met would have allowed this to go on. Bus would have been pulled over, direct action taken with the kids in question, IN FRONT of the other kids to send a clear message it was not cool.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Look who is making all the worst ones a scrawny little squinty eyed asian kid.
He probably gets picked on himself perfect example of WHO SHOULD be picked on.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

All I see is the product of a society the left has molded. Society has taken parents rights away slowly and discipline of a child is now an ugly word . They want you to talk to them and be patient with them . In my day the adult would have slapped the kid in the mouth and that would be that. Of course another student probably would have stepped in first .

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

Now that comment was just "wrong" ,it seemed there was one girl that was the main bully, but I never saw her in the part I watched, the asian boy did seem to be laughing, but i didn't hear him say anything, but I could only stomach watching part of the video, may have missed that....commenting on thier horrible behavior is appropriate, mean racial slurs are not cool.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

You can't blame the kids for not sticking up for her. You don't know what kids were on that bus.

YES YOU CAN. Stop pampering future psychopaths and sociopaths.

In my school days we'd 'prune' the weaker ones on the bars running along the length of the bus.

And in my school days I made sure to smack the living crap out of bullies. This is not that kind of bullying though that you are speaking about, which seems like harmless practical jokes. This is nothing short of verbal assault and making the lady cry??? There are LAWS against this kind of thing.

The lady looks so friendly and kind too...I'm sure I would have smacked a couple of them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yes, you are right, you can blame the kids for the act of bullying BUT not for being the ADULT and stopping that bullying. My point is it's the adults or the system of authority that's at fault for allowing it to continue for so long.

Why didn't she know how to handle the situation being given the responsibility of Bus Monitor?
I'm certainly not blaming that poor lady but the question should arise as to why that was allowed to continue?
How can a situation arise like that? Was she given training in how to deal with problem kids on the bus? or did someone just give an old lady a few dollars to fill the seat and position?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Yes, you are right, you can blame the kids for the act of bullying BUT not for being the ADULT and stopping that bullying. My point is it's the adults or the system of authority that's at fault for allowing it to continue for so long.

Why didn't she know how to handle the situation being given the responsibility of Bus Monitor?
I'm certainly not blaming that poor lady but the question should arise as to why that was allowed to continue?
How can a situation arise like that? Was she given training in how to deal with problem kids on the bus?

Poor old lady is toooo liberal for her own good.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Yeah I know what you mean mate. A rough generalization in as much as the old timers such as grandparents stuck together, raised hard working kids that were fairly honest, decent people because they didn't have the same distractions we do in this day and age. Technology has accelerated so fast in the last 50 odd years that It's hard to keep up with it all and I think, in a sense contributes to eroding family values.

reply to post by Tykonos

However, the benefits of this technology far out-way the bad.

Oh for sure, as long as you control it and not let it control you!

edit on 20/6/12 by Stonesplitter because: add quote

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Technology has accelerated so fast in the last 50 odd years that It's hard to keep up with it all
reply to post by Stonesplitter

Definitely. We've had a HUGE jump very quickly, not only in new technology but accessibility to that new technology.

Back in the 50's people were only getting their first home tv. Most people didn't even have a landline telephone in their house. That's my mothers generation.
Now we can communicate and watch events anywhere in the World, from virtually anywhere.

No wonder we have a few social hic-hups.

However, the benefits of this technology far out-way the bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I couldn't watch the whole video as I started to feel the need to rage. But this is exactly one of the things that shows you that our "modern" world has gone down the drain. When the government sets up rules and laws that do no good (like not allowing parents to discipline their children or tough rules on schools not being able to discipline the students) you get smart mouth little idiots like this.

If I saw this, and my child was one of the people on that bus I would have laid the law down on their butt. I kid you not, I don't raise my hand to my child as I never, EVER have had the need, but if I saw my child was bullying ANYONE they'd get a taste of old school butt spanking. If they were on that bus and didn't try to stop the bullying, I'd ask "what's wrong with you?!".

My kid is ten now and one of the sweetest people you'll meet. I'm very thankful for that and I hope the parents of these kids gets a good kick in the ass for letting their little offspring act the way they do.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I agree. It's an adults job to make it clear the these kids that kind of disrespect (to either an adult or another child) is unacceptable and comes with consequences. Why that didn't happen in this case I'm not sure, but my previous post applies to everyone. Children who don't understand grow into adults who don't care or are otherwise not doing themselves justice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join