It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at opryland hotel hosting National Sheriff's Assoc. conference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Wow, i stayed the night in nashville too.....creerpy. i bet it was just a message to arpaio. Hes messin with some big fish

He's just making more noise and getting more press. A lot of other sheriffs are actually fighting back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

"My wife was with me and we were trying to get everyone out of the room, out of the hotel and of course elevators weren't working now. And gas or what smelled like gas and fumes and all sorts of debris was falling so we were located where you didn't want to be," Hall said.
reply to post by Dustytoad

Source

But then again you have this comment that someone did smell gas. We will never know the full truth I am sure.

This place is cursed I tell ya. They seem to always be having problems of some sort out there.

After the explosion...

I am not saying natural gas was not on site or involved in the explosion, I just question the first cause.. If I was going to blow up something to threaten people, I would want them to know they were targeted while at the same time making it deniable by making the explosions at the right spots. So I would blow up the gas lines.

Still the gas venting "accidently the wrong way into steam" could be on purpose ya know.

You don't kill someone with a gun if you want it to be an "accident." You make their car crash, or have them "commit suicide"

If you blow up a building you make it look like a natural event.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Wow, i stayed the night in nashville too.....creerpy. i bet it was just a message to arpaio. Hes messin with some big fish

He's just making more noise and getting more press. A lot of other sheriffs are actually fighting back.

I feel like joe is getting his name out there to make himself look good, but i wish more people would make noise

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

Probably a gas leak.

Keep deluding yourselves. Sheriff Joe is still a two-bit sheriff that needs to stand down before he embarrasses the people he represents.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

I feel like joe is getting his name out there to make himself look good, but i wish more people would make noise

They're working on it, but you're right they don't get any media exposure. Joe gets that exposure because he's often so outrageous he can't be overlooked, while not accomplishing one thing of any import for the people of Maricopa County. I think the media loves that about him as he generally makes the office of sheriff look like its just a bunch of dumb@$$e$.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

Thats because sheriffs aren't pansies. They legally don't need the public support to do what they want.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

But they're elected officials.

They are still accountable to the people.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Easier said than done.Take Sheriff Joe for example.......

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Welp, it is turning into a conspiracy alright.

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- There is a tense debate between officials over the cause of the explosion that shook the Gaylord Opryland Hotel Tuesday night.
Both the Metro Police Department and Gaylord say the likely cause of the blast was natural gas seeping into a steam line. But an inspector for Piedmont gas who examined the line says he didn't find any leaks, and officials with the company told the Tennessean the theory was quote "pure speculation."
Whatever the cause, the outcome of the blast is $750,000 in damages. Gaylord released photos of the worst-hit areas, around the Delta. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt in the explosion.

Source

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Before we get too far into the terrorist conspiracy angles, we should look at more plausible causes such as a steam pipe/boiler explosion or gas leaks.

I work for a major hotel/conference center and it is always a constant task to maintain equipment to prevent such things from happening.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

A terrorist attack that only targeted Sheriffs and didn't kill anyone?

How exactly is *that* going to "terrorize" anyone?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

"a constant task to maintain equipment to prevent such things from happening."
and when was the last time a licenced Gas Furnace Tech. was at the site?
it is code u know for once a year maintenance,, that may very State to State.
In Canada,, it is left too the Establishment/Homeowner.
might have been low water cutoff, valve,, low water feed valve,closed hot-water system?
,steam?,,can be very dangerous high psi,
,as well,, thermo-couple gas,, vent.,, bad ignition transformer,,
althought it did seem too follow the ,,Steam/Duct/ Heating/Cooling?,, pathway.
Bad timming?? ,,
Former Heating Guy.

edit on 21-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Well howdy Bob. I would also like to offer the information that this hotel was completely flooded not too long ago. I don't know if they "rushed" the job, but it sure didn't take long to get the place back up and running again. I have a friend that works at the hotel, and they claim that the "explosion" was not a loud bang. Now, they were in a different area but, she still thinks she would have heard something this major happening.

(Personal disclaimer - I am not interested in the whole sheriff conspiracy. I am merely interested because it happened at a place very nearby and effects people that I personally know.)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
And just for poops and giggles,

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) -- A small fire has done little damage to the Delta Queen riverboat docked in Chattanooga. Fire officials said no one was hurt and the blaze was quickly doused around 5 p.m. Thursday. About 100 patrons on board were evacuated as a precaution. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh............what is going on in the Deltas?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

well being a furnace guy,, ,somebody had too get the system back up too ,,
ok its safe. after the flood.
As far as the Sabatoge thing,,, ummmm, ya ok.
see above mentioned,,Fail Safe parts,,key word Fail Safe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join